🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Seattle's Minimum Wage Killed the 'Five-Dollar Footlong'

And you miss the point that if I raise my prices to match what I have to pay employees, next up $15 an hour isn't good enough anymore. It's like you only see half of this circle.
and it definitely devalues key employees

why should a kid that pours a cup of coffee make as much as a Marine?
Or an emt.
EMT is "Basic Life Support" trained and that takes only 1 semester of a 6 credit class at any community college. Once passing the National Registry Exam you are qualified to work as an EMT in most states.

Why should they be paid more than a burger flipper?
I'm sorry. What training does the burger flipper get? Where do we qualify them?

Yep, since the economy has turned, yes, he is.
Tearing down others feels so good, doesn’t it? Knowing him, I feel he must be devastated. Not. Lol

You tear up others every time you show up in this dive.
So don't talk to me about that Lol

And you miss the point that if I raise my prices to match what I have to pay employees, next up $15 an hour isn't good enough anymore. It's like you only see half of this circle.

Or an emt.
EMT is "Basic Life Support" trained and that takes only 1 semester of a 6 credit class at any community college. Once passing the National Registry Exam you are qualified to work as an EMT in most states.

Who cares? How does 6 college credits and the ability to squeeze a plastic gas-bag make you any more qualified for higher pay than flipping a burger?

Regressives continue to insist that hiking up the minimum wage to an artificial, arbitrary base, uprooting market forces doesn't have an affect on prices or an impact on jobs and reality continues to prove them wrong over and over again.

The sandwich chain recently resurrected the promotion in a national advertising campaign promising foot-long subs for just $4.99—but the special deal won't fly at one Subway restaurant in Seattle, where owner David Jones posted a sign this week giving customers the bad news.

010917SeattleSubwaySign800.jpg

The biggest cost driver, as Jones' sign mentions, is Seattle's highest-in-the-nation minimum wage. It went from $9.47 to $11 per hour in 2015, then to $13 per hour in 2016, with a further increase to $15 per hour planned.

The result? According to researchers at the University of Washington's School of Public Policy and Governance, the number of hours worked in low-wage jobs has declined by around 9 percent since the start of 2016 "while hourly wages in such jobs increased by around 3 percent." The net outcome: In 2016, the "higher" minimum wage actually lowered low-wage workers' earnings by an average of $125 a month.

Regressive tards will never get it through their heads that you can't draw blood from a stone.

Then employ illegals. They're cheap. Then you can get cheap stuff. Oh, you don't want illegals, you want them to employ Americans. But you're willing for these Americans to be paid like illegals. But I doubt you'd be willing to go down that low.

Actually you get about 8 slices on a footlong & lots of vegetables.

I work all kinds of hours. Sometimes super early, sometimes quite late. Depends on customer demands with their schedules. I post while out and about.
And I haven't lived with my parents since I was 7 years old.
You are a TERRIBLE judge of character.

TURRIBLE judge of character? Nope - I pegged you after half a dozen posts.
Ya a pseudo intellectual who places himself above it all
Pretends to play both sides equally though an obvious Trumpling
AND with the racial shit?
Additionally a Deplorable
To be fair however? You live in Kansas! :)

Regressives continue to insist that hiking up the minimum wage to an artificial, arbitrary base, uprooting market forces doesn't have an affect on prices or an impact on jobs and reality continues to prove them wrong over and over again.

The sandwich chain recently resurrected the promotion in a national advertising campaign promising foot-long subs for just $4.99—but the special deal won't fly at one Subway restaurant in Seattle, where owner David Jones posted a sign this week giving customers the bad news.

The biggest cost driver, as Jones' sign mentions, is Seattle's highest-in-the-nation minimum wage. It went from $9.47 to $11 per hour in 2015, then to $13 per hour in 2016, with a further increase to $15 per hour planned.

The result? According to researchers at the University of Washington's School of Public Policy and Governance, the number of hours worked in low-wage jobs has declined by around 9 percent since the start of 2016 "while hourly wages in such jobs increased by around 3 percent." The net outcome: In 2016, the "higher" minimum wage actually lowered low-wage workers' earnings by an average of $125 a month.

Regressive tards will never get it through their heads that you can't draw blood from a stone.
When so-called "market forces" are monopolistic then you must regulate it.

People should be paid a living wage. Ted Kennedy made this abundantly clear.

Has anybody been to seattle international airport recently? Straight up touch screen kiosks to order, no orders being taken by people. S'like oh my god, didn't see that one coming hahaha. Only a matter of time till most fast food places can be operated by a single person...

They still have peeps back there to help my friend. But alls ya gotta do is step up and enter your confirmation or FF number and how many bags ya checkin. Sheesh - is that so hard?

Has anybody been to seattle international airport recently? Straight up touch screen kiosks to order, no orders being taken by people. S'like oh my god, didn't see that one coming hahaha. Only a matter of time till most fast food places can be operated by a single person...
We have McDonald's here in KC that have kiosks only for ordering now. Lefties can't kill our kids jobs fast enough with their asinine demands.
OhShutUpTotokKansasSucked-copy-700x525.jpg

And you miss the point that if I raise my prices to match what I have to pay employees, next up $15 an hour isn't good enough anymore.
Utter crap, proven wrong by the evidence after every single minimum wage hike in history. Labor costs dont drive cost of living.

Or an emt.

Who cares? How does 6 college credits and the ability to squeeze a plastic gas-bag make you any more qualified for higher pay than flipping a burger?
You are either trolling or a dumbass. Either way I'm out.

Capitalist do it all the time..

If labor costs rise faster than inflation, that money has to come from somewhere. It’s not complicated.

Isn't it odd how people are happy about how their stock goes up...

But then complain when companies raise prices to raise profits? It's almost as if they think profits magically go up without someone getting the short end of the stick.

If labor costs rise faster than inflation, that money has to come from somewhere. It’s not complicated.
I dont think you're following. Prices would increase, but labor costs are not the chief driver of the price of goods or the cost of living. Raisong wages 20% does not then result in a 20% increase in the cost of living.

Another thread about nothing.

Next up a thread about 'libruls' that stepped on a crack and broke their momma's back, to be followed by lots of whining and bitching about the 'librul' conspiracy to make pay phones disappear and make the VHS tape obsolete.

Ooo them Duke boys!

Fuck the 5 dollar footlong.

I’ll take people getting paid survivable wages over that any day of the week.

But then complain when companies raise prices to raise profits? It's almost as if they think profits magically go up without someone getting the short end of the stick.
I would feel a lot more empathy if the CEO weren't raking in a measly seven figure income..

I would feel a lot more empathy if the CEO weren't raking in a measly seven figure income..

7 figures?

s-l1000.jpg

Forum List

Back