🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Seattle's Minimum Wage Killed the 'Five-Dollar Footlong'

More Seattle. They're real bad. How come they don't sport the same tax on candy, popcorn and fast food?

Seattle attempts to impose morality with ridiculously high taxes on sugary drinks
But it's OK for you to impose morality by trying to shut-down planned parenthood?

You mean like planned parenthood AKA planned death panels which are in fact immoral and arguably act against basic Constitutional human rights, that planned parenthood?

Regressives continue to insist that hiking up the minimum wage to an artificial, arbitrary base, uprooting market forces doesn't have an affect on prices or an impact on jobs and reality continues to prove them wrong over and over again.

The sandwich chain recently resurrected the promotion in a national advertising campaign promising foot-long subs for just $4.99—but the special deal won't fly at one Subway restaurant in Seattle, where owner David Jones posted a sign this week giving customers the bad news.

010917SeattleSubwaySign800.jpg

The biggest cost driver, as Jones' sign mentions, is Seattle's highest-in-the-nation minimum wage. It went from $9.47 to $11 per hour in 2015, then to $13 per hour in 2016, with a further increase to $15 per hour planned.

The result? According to researchers at the University of Washington's School of Public Policy and Governance, the number of hours worked in low-wage jobs has declined by around 9 percent since the start of 2016 "while hourly wages in such jobs increased by around 3 percent." The net outcome: In 2016, the "higher" minimum wage actually lowered low-wage workers' earnings by an average of $125 a month.

Regressive tards will never get it through their heads that you can't draw blood from a stone.
Capitalist do it all the time..

Isn't it odd how people are happy about how their stock goes up...

But then complain when companies raise prices to raise profits? It's almost as if they think profits magically go up without someone getting the short end of the stick.
I would feel a lot more empathy if the CEO weren't raking in a measly seven figure income..

7 figures?

s-l1000.jpg
It only works with ninja turtle figures...

Regressives continue to insist that hiking up the minimum wage to an artificial, arbitrary base, uprooting market forces doesn't have an affect on prices or an impact on jobs and reality continues to prove them wrong over and over again.

Regressive tards will never get it through their heads that you can't draw blood from a stone.

But then complain when companies raise prices to raise profits? It's almost as if they think profits magically go up without someone getting the short end of the stick.
I would feel a lot more empathy if the CEO weren't raking in a measly seven figure income..

7 figures?

s-l1000.jpg

Ok.

sdn493236533-7-tmnt-movie-mini-action-figures-2006-playmates-2-splinter-leonardo-raphael.jpeg

7 figures?

s-l1000.jpg

Ok.

sdn493236533-7-tmnt-movie-mini-action-figures-2006-playmates-2-splinter-leonardo-raphael.jpeg
What happened to April? The only T&A action figurine....

The chicken lips and asshole hotdogs ain't good for ya anyhow and if you put chili on them well that just bibbin, pink slime....

Actually you get about 8 slices on a footlong & lots of vegetables.

I work all kinds of hours. Sometimes super early, sometimes quite late. Depends on customer demands with their schedules. I post while out and about.
And I haven't lived with my parents since I was 7 years old.
You are a TERRIBLE judge of character.

TURRIBLE judge of character? Nope - I pegged you after half a dozen posts.
Ya a pseudo intellectual who places himself above it all
Pretends to play both sides equally though an obvious Trumpling
AND with the racial shit?
Additionally a Deplorable
To be fair however? You live in Kansas! :)

Grampa Murked U as a "pseudo intellectual"? :lol:

The sandwich chain recently resurrected the promotion in a national advertising campaign promising foot-long subs for just $4.99—but the special deal won't fly at one Subway restaurant in Seattle, where owner David Jones posted a sign this week giving customers the bad news.

The biggest cost driver, as Jones' sign mentions, is Seattle's highest-in-the-nation minimum wage. It went from $9.47 to $11 per hour in 2015, then to $13 per hour in 2016, with a further increase to $15 per hour planned.

The result? According to researchers at the University of Washington's School of Public Policy and Governance, the number of hours worked in low-wage jobs has declined by around 9 percent since the start of 2016 "while hourly wages in such jobs increased by around 3 percent." The net outcome: In 2016, the "higher" minimum wage actually lowered low-wage workers' earnings by an average of $125 a month.

Progressives will never understand business, it’s a lost cause

I'm not defending the Seattle minimum wage, but do you disagree with minimum wage in general? If not, what do you think should govern where it is set?
The fucking government should have nothing to do with it it should be up to the business owner

I work all kinds of hours. Sometimes super early, sometimes quite late. Depends on customer demands with their schedules. I post while out and about.

Lol

And I don't even live in Kansas. Even when told info directly that idiot gets it wrong lol

I'm not defending the Seattle minimum wage, but do you disagree with minimum wage in general? If not, what do you think should govern where it is set?
The fucking government should have nothing to do with it it should be up to the business owner

Yes, the government should have nothing to do with how businesses operate!

I suggest you pick up a book called "The Jungle" by Upton Sinclair.

Then we'd surely be fucked..

Lol

And I don't even live in Kansas. Even when told info directly that idiot gets it wrong lol
There is a two sides of Kansas shity..

Trump went to the best schools. So here's a paper from one of the best schools about what an idiot you are.

http://www.princeton.edu/~davidlee/wp/lee-saez11optminwage_jpubeR2.pdf
Here's one from the University of Chicago School of Economics.

https://miltonfriedman.hoover.org/friedman_images/Collections/2016c21/NW_09_26_1966.pdf

Friedman’s theories have been widely discredited because trickle down doesn’t work. In every jurisdiction his methods were tried, there was brutal suppression of anti-government speech or press.

Lol

Stop trying to make yourself seem smarter using all those fancy words! ;)

I understand wanting to get government out of business, but looking at the way things worked before minimum wage was implemented, do you worry about things going badly for the average worker without one?

I don't think we'd go back to sweatshops, but the point of business is to make money, and the less a business can pay its employees, the more of that money can go to owners/shareholders. :dunno:

Forum List

Back