Second rape in Zuchotti park OWS won't call police

And there were some people using the same "logical" to "justify" the deaths of American soldiers in Iraq. It's specious logic.

And absurd to use it.

I am not justifying the rape.

Grow up.

I am pointing out that rape occurs very freqently in this society.

FAR TOO OFTEN!!!!

Pretending these women shouldnt be there because they might get raped has been a tacitc used by people who have tried to keep women social prisoners for 100s of years.

Who the hell said women shouldn't be there?

I'm saying that knowing there has been a rape and hiding that rape for political purposes is insane!!!!

No its a sacrafice these women are obviously willing to make if indeed there was any rape.

You are working hard to try and scare women away from the protest by USING crimes comitted against them.

The rate of crime is not GREATER than average populations rates at this site.

The people perpitrating them are very likely NOT part of the protest.

You're right, the rapists are probably not protesters. However, the OWS folks want to handle these crimes themselves instead of calling the police, and when word gets out about that, the rapists will swarm to that park like buzzards to fresh meat.

They have already said they are going to self police huh?

Any lie is ok with you and now you prove any crime is fine with you as long as YOUR politics are involved, You are a sick puppy. A woman defending rape.

You are working hard to try and scare women away from the protest by USING crimes comitted against them.

The rate of crime is not GREATER than average populations rates at this site.

The people perpitrating them are very likely NOT part of the protest.

You're right, the rapists are probably not protesters. However, the OWS folks want to handle these crimes themselves instead of calling the police, and when word gets out about that, the rapists will swarm to that park like buzzards to fresh meat.

Why, as a matter of fact they did.

Occupy Wall Street's security team has been at odds with organizers for quiet some time. The night before New York City occupiers marched on Times Square, OWS security volunteers complained to OWS organizers that only a handful of OWS security individuals were keeping watch of the entire park and working 30 hours straight with no relief.

The security team said that Occupy Wall Street had a 1 percent crime rate and too many OWS protesters were just "sitting there doing [their] thing" and "not doing [their part]" to help with security.

OWS security seems to be fighting an uphill battle, as the General Assembly within OWS apparently thinks a priority for the security group at OWS is to be renamed and not rough up disruptors within Zucotti Park.

PICKET: Occupy protesters relegated to a 'stop snitching' policy on crime within encampments - Washington Times

if a woman is raped at a rock concert....do you blame the band for not reporting it...this is simply sillie...the woman is the victim and she should report the rape....

In any case..it wasn't reported to the police. That's probably because:

1. No rape occurred.
2. These people are completely nuts.

I'm going with option 1.

Why wasn't the woman arrested as a material witness? And let's not even go into the various degrees of "Sexual Assault" vs actual rape. Unless the OWS is coercing the victims to NOT report a crime, which I can see no evidence of, then this sounds like a touch of histrionics on the part of the interviewee. Maybe she is their Dale Robertson.

how big is the population at the park?

what are the rape rates per capita?

I bet they are spot on or lower than statistics.

Care to prove that the protest is CAUSING more crime like you claim?

For the US as a whole the rate is 28.6 per 100,000 per year.

For the NYC ows, it is 2 for 300 over the course of five weeks.

I am not suggesting a causaul relation. But you did ask.

She said it, you lie about it. Either one of you want to present actual facts that if the protestors report and have arrested rapists that the cops will suddenly grow a spin and shut them down?

Fill me in when an actual rape was reported to police. We can start from there.

So as long as they are not officially reported to police, no matter the evidence, no matter the testimony, no matter the reality, they simply did not happen?

Wait, so what ever the OWS says is simply to be dismissed?

What evidence? Heresay reported by a paper with a dubious reputation? There any names in there? Or anything at all?

Come on.

if a woman is raped at a rock concert....do you blame the band for not reporting it...this is simply sillie...the woman is the victim and she should report the rape....

Not an accurate analogy 'bones.

In order for it to be accurate the band would be cajoling the audience to not report it and let their roadies handle it.

Thats where it gets fucked up.

Occupy Wall Street's security team has been at odds with organizers for quiet some time. The night before New York City occupiers marched on Times Square, OWS security volunteers complained to OWS organizers that only a handful of OWS security individuals were keeping watch of the entire park and working 30 hours straight with no relief.

The security team said that Occupy Wall Street had a 1 percent crime rate and too many OWS protesters were just "sitting there doing [their] thing" and "not doing [their part]" to help with security.

OWS security seems to be fighting an uphill battle, as the General Assembly within OWS apparently thinks a priority for the security group at OWS is to be renamed and not rough up disruptors within Zucotti Park.

PICKET: Occupy protesters relegated to a 'stop snitching' policy on crime within encampments - Washington Times

And yet..no names. Gotta love that Washington Times.

In order for it to be accurate the band would be cajoling the audience to not report it and let their roadies handle it.

She is an adult.

If this really happened she could have reported it if she chose to do so.

You have NO proof otherwise.

She is an adult.

Except for the witnesses who ran the assaulter off. And the other witnesses who admitted that it happened to the press.

How much smarter is a cinderblock than you anyway?

how big is the population at the park?

what are the rape rates per capita?

I bet they are spot on or lower than statistics.

Care to prove that the protest is CAUSING more crime like you claim?

For the US as a whole the rate is 28.6 per 100,000 per year.

For the NYC ows, it is 2 for 300 over the course of five weeks.

I am not suggesting a causaul relation. But you did ask.

My point was they are trying to color the protestors as criminals.

They are taking a STORY and trying to demean the protests by highlighting it.

They are trying to scare people away from the protests.

It wont work and its completely dishonest

She is an adult.

Except for the witnesses who ran the assaulter off. And the other witnesses who admitted that it happened to the press.

And their names are?

And this is the context of the "assault" statement.

Occupy Wall Street kitchen staff protesting fixing food for freeloaders

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/zuccotti_hell_kitchen_i5biNyYYhpa8MSYIL9xSDL#ixzz1cI452gJa

Many of those being fed “are professional homeless people. They know what they’re doing,” said the guard at the food-storage area.
Today, a limited menu of sandwiches, chips and some hot food will be doled out -- so legitimate protesters will have a day to make arrangements for more upscale weekend meals.
Protesters got their first taste of the revolt within the revolt yesterday when the kitchen staff served only peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and chips after their staff meeting.
Organizers took other steps to police the squatters, who they said were lured in from other parks with the promise of free meals.
A team of 10 security volunteers moved in to the trouble-prone southwest section of Zuccotti Park in a show of force to confront them.
“We’re not going to let some members of this community destroy the whole movement,” a volunteer said.
Some arguments broke out as the security team searched tents -- but no violence erupted.
Overall security at the park had deteriorated to the point where many frightened female protesters had abandoned the increasingly out-of-control occupation, security- team members said.
Rumors swirled that one homeless man had pulled a knife in a dispute the night before -- and that there had been yet another case of groping.
But protesters and a cop on duty told The Post that most of the crime goes unreported, because of a bizarre “stop snitching” rule.
“What’s happening in there is staying in there,” said the cop.
Additional reporting by Josh Saul, Erin Calabrese and Julia Marsh

Read more: Occupy Wall Street kitchen slowdown targets squatters - NYPOST.com

So, spin away.

And yet..no names. Gotta love that Washington Times.

Well, no names except for the one bolded below.

"Because this is such an inclusive society, that we’re creating here... that we’ve evolved into, or that we were from the beginning, it draws everyone. It draws everyone, except maybe the super-rich. So when it draws everyone, you’re dealing with everyone’s conditioning...everyone’s f****d up conditioning," OWS facilitator John Friesen told me last week.

"Everyone’s like, ‘I’m out for me and myself.’ You know that kind of instinct and people are unruly and people are violent and people make threats. So that debate has been going on between people on the security team, which people want to be renamed the ‘de-escalation team.’There is 'peace keepers'. There is 'mediators,'" Friesen said.

She is an adult.

And their names are?

From an OWS protestor
They were shining flashlights in his face and yelling at him to leave,” said a woman who called herself Leslie, but refused to give her real name.

She said that weeks earlier another woman was raped.

“We don’t tell anyone,” she said. “We handle it internally. I said too much already.”

Are you calling the protestors liars?

Forum List

Back