Secularists...Hoist By Their Own Petard

Wrong...another lefty lie...read what Franklin said about God and sin...

Not every person who professes a belief in God wants his country governed by a theocracy.

it certainly isn't government's place to impose some theocratic christian belief system on us. that's why the first amendment exists.

the fact that they can't stand not forcing us to live by THEIR brand of religion is their problem. not the rest of ours.

We revolted against the country that still believed in the divine right of kings and still had an established state religion.

That is what we got AWAY from.

the problem is that the puritans also came here because the government in britain wasn't insane enough for them.

and they've left us that particular virulent strain of crazy.

The Puritans drove out the likes of Roger Williams and Anne Hutchinson in acts of classic intolerance.

they weren't very nice. they also burned people as witches

Not every person who professes a belief in God wants his country governed by a theocracy.

it certainly isn't government's place to impose some theocratic christian belief system on us. that's why the first amendment exists.

the fact that they can't stand not forcing us to live by THEIR brand of religion is their problem. not the rest of ours.

We revolted against the country that still believed in the divine right of kings and still had an established state religion.

the problem is that the puritans also came here because the government in britain wasn't insane enough for them.

The Puritans drove out the likes of Roger Williams and Anne Hutchinson in acts of classic intolerance.

Wow....I always enjoy when you guys have to go back a couple hundred years when the entire world was less civilized...all of the world.....everyone were burning people, mass murdering people....our religious background helped end that here and faster than around the rest of the world.....

And then the atheists gained strength....in the modern period.......and with modern science, philosophy, and institutions who studied both......secularists murdered close to 100 million people......not because they were witches...in a time of superstition...no.....they murdered them because they had 1 dollar more and they didn't believe in collectivism...the very thing you guys applaud......

So reach back as far as you have to...religion ended slavery here....secularism murdered close to if not over 100 million people around the world.....

Wow....I always enjoy when you guys have to go back a couple hundred years when the entire world was less civilized...all of the world.....everyone were burning people, mass murdering people....our religious background helped end that here and faster than around the rest of the world.....

And then the atheists gained strength....in the modern period.......and with modern science, philosophy, and institutions who studied both......secularists murdered close to 100 million people......not because they were witches...in a time of superstition...no.....they murdered them because they had 1 dollar more and they didn't believe in collectivism...the very thing you guys applaud......

So reach back as far as you have to...religion ended slavery here....secularism murdered close to if not over 100 million people around the world.....
You do realize the OP was from 200 years ago don't you?

Talk about "Liar in Chief"

And yet another moron who would love to point to some imagined "lie," but is unable to find any.

Seems to be the default of Liberals when faced with reality.
You guys have been playing that ....Look at what a Michelle Obama lunch looks like lie for six years

Gets more inept every time you try

This is what I googled...

"Images for michelle obama school lunch"

That one of the pics.....

Try it yourself.

BTW....I never lie, as you just found out.
Try walking you dead ass into a real school and have lunch..

It is soooo easy to tell by your language that Iv'e gotten under your skin.

See....that's why you should have stayed in school beyond the third grade.

The Founders wouldn't be welcome in a secular nation, would they.

the founders were largely deists.

and they wanted religious nutters as far away from government as possible....

but thanks for your usual cut and paste.

let us know when you post something that isn't dishonest and is actually informed.

:rolleyes:

There is that tell-tale Liberal "us."

Why are you Liberals so afraid to stand up for yourselves.....there is always that attempt to hide behind that "us" and "we."

Try 'I' and 'me' when you have the guts.

"Oh, I'm sorry, did I offend your little sensibilities by using bad words?"

You didn't offend me...you simply revealed yourself to be the low-life I've always said you were.

I consider you to be the poster boy for Liberalism.

Actually, if you are such a delicate flower that a few bad words offend you, maybe you should just hide at home. Just saying.

I never said I was offended.....I said I was glad you were able to help in exposing the vulgarity inherent in Liberals.

You serve as a perfect example thereof.

Don't ever change.

You do realize the OP was from 200 years ago don't you?

Doesn't change the truth, the facts or reality........secularists have been murdering people in the millions all around the world....without using religion as their reason.......they have been using the fact that lots of people don't want to be collectivists and surrender themselves to the secularists...so into the shallow graves they go....

And now another episode of Dick Tiny's Twisted history.

Well, as long as you don't talk about the genocide of the Native Americans or the enslavement of black people. The thing is, "religion" had nothing to do with bringing any of that to an end.

Guy, besides the fact you repeat a lot of discredited Cold War propaganda about how many people "Died" because of Communism, (Seriously, if your country had a famine, the Communists killed you, not the famine or the trade sanction non-communist countries put on yours.) The fact was, people were not killing each other over "Collectivism" or "Secularism". People were killing each other because they had already been killing each other (You did hear about these things called "World Wars", right?)

Ivan didn't shoot Sergei because Sergei had 1 Ruble More. Ivan shot Sergei because during the Civil War, Sergei sided with the Whites and the western invaders and burned down Ivan's house or raped Ivan's wife.

In fact, every example of "Secularists" committing mass murder, there was usually a few years of war that preceded them.

"If they only had them some GUNS!!!" Dick Tiny says in his slack-jawed way.

Uh, no, dude. The guns made the problems worse.

Religion didn't end slavery here. In fact, quite the oppossite, the South cited the BIble as their authority to continue it.

How the Bible was used to justify slavery, abolitionism

Just like during the World Wars, the Central Powers and later the Axis (or as it was called at the time, "The Anti-Comintern Pack" being against those Godless Commies) invoked God as their justification for inflicting the horrors of war upon the world.

Believing in a Magic Man in the Sky does not make us better people. Quite the opposite, it often makes us feel more justified in our worse impulses.

Doesn't change the truth, the facts or reality........secularists have been murdering people in the millions all around the world....without using religion as their reason.......they have been using the fact that lots of people don't want to be collectivists and surrender themselves to the secularists...so into the shallow graves they go....

Meh, not really.

The Nazis didn't wear belt buckles that said, "Secularism is Awesome"

they wore ones that said, "God's With Us"

gott_mit_uns-ns.jpg

the founders were largely deists.

and they wanted religious nutters as far away from government as possible....

but thanks for your usual cut and paste.

Gads, you're a moron.

Do you not know that them most quoted source by the Founders was the Bible?

And that the Constitution itself was taken largely thereof?

Have you ever read a book in your life????

"Thirty-four percent of all the quotes by the founding fathers came from the Bible. Also, men like Blackstone and Locke, whom the founders quoted, took much of their own quotes from the Bible. Our three branches of government came from Isaiah 33:22. Tax exemption for churches came from Ezra 7:24, which no other nation has today. The book of Deuteronomy was the most quoted book of the Bible by our founding fathers. This book deals much with civil government."placeholder

You Liberals are abysmally ignorant....no wonder you vote Democrat.

And now another episode of Dick Tiny's Twisted history.

Well, as long as you don't talk about the genocide of the Native Americans or the enslavement of black people. The thing is, "religion" had nothing to do with bringing any of that to an end.

Guy, besides the fact you repeat a lot of discredited Cold War propaganda about how many people "Died" because of Communism, (Seriously, if your country had a famine, the Communists killed you, not the famine or the trade sanction non-communist countries put on yours.) The fact was, people were not killing each other over "Collectivism" or "Secularism". People were killing each other because they had already been killing each other (You did hear about these things called "World Wars", right?)

Ivan didn't shoot Sergei because Sergei had 1 Ruble More. Ivan shot Sergei because during the Civil War, Sergei sided with the Whites and the western invaders and burned down Ivan's house or raped Ivan's wife.

In fact, every example of "Secularists" committing mass murder, there was usually a few years of war that preceded them.

"If they only had them some GUNS!!!" Dick Tiny says in his slack-jawed way.

Uh, no, dude. The guns made the problems worse.

Religion didn't end slavery here. In fact, quite the oppossite, the South cited the BIble as their authority to continue it.

How the Bible was used to justify slavery, abolitionism

Just like during the World Wars, the Central Powers and later the Axis (or as it was called at the time, "The Anti-Comintern Pack" being against those Godless Commies) invoked God as their justification for inflicting the horrors of war upon the world.

Believing in a Magic Man in the Sky does not make us better people. Quite the opposite, it often makes us feel more justified in our worse impulses.

there was no genocide of Indians...no resistance to foreign diseases is not genocide...

The Europeans and Africans brought the slaves to America...we ended the practice...a practice that was already here before the Europeans came and was practiced all around the world...till we ended it here...and it is still going on in Africa.....

Yes...innocent men, women and children were murdered because they did not believe in collectivism.....and had they been able to resist with guns history might have been changed....

Look joe......the current sex doll you are cohabiting with is not helping you......throw it away and get another one.....I know you think they are real women, and that everyone of them refuses to have sex with you......but they are just dolls...they can't refuse you......please.....don't bring your obvious sexual frustration with your sex toy doll into these discussions.....

And did you get help with your sexual fixation on guns...we discussed that as well........please...tell me you have seen a professional......wanting to have sex with guns is not healthy....you need to fix that before you hurt yourself or someone else......

Certainly, the first Christian communities were totally communistic. It is where the expression concerning each receiving his/her need comes from (Acts 4:32).

Really?

"For even when we were with you, this we commanded you: that if any would not work, neither should he eat."
2 THESSALONIANS 3:10

Sound like communism to you?

3. The change in America, from a spiritual to a materialist entity, is largely due to the efforts of the 32nd President. He promised all sorts of material rewards, if America would only give up the individualism, and freedoms that the Founders embodied in the Constitution.
He promised rewards such as

Oh, Mail Order Bride from Hell, I don't think you would be happy in 1787 America, where only white property owning males were considered people worthy of the vote.

But let's pick a few more things from "Mail Order College Thesis of the Day"....

....the very antithesis of 'a moral and religious people.'

The Founders believed in Freedom, all right. Unless you were poor Sally Hemings getting her 15 year old Cherry popped by Thomas Jefferson because she had the bad luck to be his dead-wife's half sister AND his property.

Now to put htis in the proper perspective... Yes, the Founding Slave Rapists did believe there was a magic man in the sky who created the world. A lot of them were Deists and not Christians, but they still believed in a magic man in the sky.

And they still thought Witchcraft was a real thing.

Historical Witches and Witchtrials in North America

And they thought Bleeding was a valid medical treatment.

http://www.tehistory.org/hqda/pdf/v41/Volume41_N3_100.pdf

And they thought Slavery was perfectly okay because the bible said so.

Today, we know that there are no witches, that bleeding someone is a bad idea, and that people owning other people as property is wrong.

But we are supposed to go to these guys as be all and end alls on how to run a modern society because they are some kind of deified paragons of virtue?

I think not.
Founding slave rapists...Yeah.
Ok asshole since you think as do many of you flaming libs do that the USA is a illegitimate country, get the fuck out.
all you lefties ever do is complain. You take your constant bed wetting one step further. You are a hater.
You are a miserable no good fuck who has accomplished nothing in your life and you blame everyone else for your problems.
lol

You can’t be serious.

This thread’s moronic premise is nothing but a rightwing whine-fest; all conservatives do is complain – everything’s ‘bad,’ everything’s ‘wrong,’ and Christians are always ‘the victims.’

I never said I was offended.....I said I was glad you were able to help in exposing the vulgarity inherent in Liberals.

You serve as a perfect example thereof.

Don't ever change.

Yes, clearly your panties got all wet when you hear the word 'fuck".... I get it.

Exactly where, in your formative years, were you taught to speak like that?

I wasn't.

there was no genocide of Indians...no resistance to foreign diseases is not genocide...

Yeah, so when they handed out smallpox blankets to the Indians, that was a conincidence, right?

Hey, how about when they slaughtered the bison to deprive them of a food source. That's kind of Genocidal, isn't it?

The Europeans and Africans brought the slaves to America...we ended the practice...a practice that was already here before the Europeans came and was practiced all around the world...till we ended it here...and it is still going on in Africa.....

We did nothing of the sort. The BRITISH ended the slave trade. they were the ones who actually had the navy to do it.

Look joe......the current sex doll

What's your sudden infatuation with sex dolls, Dick Tiny? You seem to be awefully obsessed with the subject.

Yes...innocent men, women and children were murdered because they did not believe in collectivism.....and had they been able to resist with guns history might have been changed....

They had guns. They had REALLY FUCKING NASTY CIVIL WARS. And then one side one and killed the side that lost.

Read about the Chinese Civil Wars. Lasted for something like 30 years between the abdication of the last Q'ing emperor and Mao's final victory. tens of millions killed, and that's not even counting what the Japanese did.

Your political forebears, the Soviet Communists starved seven million to death.

Your turn.

Tax exemption for churches came from Ezra 7:24, which no other nation has today.

Why should Churches be tax exempt? They are a business just like any other business.

Now, if could apply the consumer fraud laws to them, that would be truly awesome.

Because a tax is an infringement on the free practice of religion...twit. You can tax churches out of existence...

Exactly where, in your formative years, were you taught to speak like that?

I wasn't.

Oooooh, yes, i know you never heard any bad words growing up. I get that.

Real world. People use bad words. Deal with it. Or you can just whine about the one bad word so you can ignore the fact the 100+ Good words I used totally debunked your psuedo intellectual fraud from the University of Phoenix...

Forum List

Back