Security

Flopper

Diamond Member
Mar 23, 2010
Washington
Every day you hear about breaches of security on the Internet and local networks. Usually this is followed by the usually warnings to change your passwords often, use complicated passwords, make passwords unique, require text message or email confirmation to login etc..

I certainly agree security is important with the caveat that what is being secured should actually be secured. I have a lot of user accounts, financial, healthcare, and a number of personnel accounts that are secured and should be. However half of my accounts contain really nothing that needs to be secured. I could care less if the information in those accounts such as what kind of socks I buy are secured. Most business share that information anyway. So why shouldn't I have the option to bypass most security except simple user id and password protection, if there is nothing I want secured? It would save a hell of lot of time and would allow the user to concentrate on securing accounts that really should be well secured and maybe we could eliminate the list passwords that people leave stuck on their monitor or keyboard.

Last edited:
Every day you hear about breaches of security on the Internet and local networks. Usually this is followed by the usually warnings to change your passwords often, use complicated passwords, make passwords unique, require text message or email confirmation to login etc..

I certainly agree security is important with the caveat that what is being secured should actually be secured. I have a lot of user accounts, financial, healthcare, and a number of personnel accounts that are secured and should be. However half of my accounts contain really nothing that needs to be secured. I could care less if the information in those accounts such as what kind of socks I buy are secured. Most business share that information anyway. So why shouldn't I have the option to bypass most security except simple user id and password protection, if there is nothing I want secured? It would save a hell of lot of time and would allow the user to concentrate on securing accounts that really should be well secured and maybe we could eliminate the list passwords that people leave stuck on their monitor or keyboard.
Don't worry buddy, your masters are working on a solution to it all, it is in the works, and coming soon to get this all straightened out.

As soon as you get your chip card? No more passwords. . . .

Our great grand kids would never believe the mess we had to deal with.

You should do some research on the subject of social engineering. You may think you have nothing that needs to be secured but you need to be aware that every small piece of data someone can collect on you is important. So if you have some account that is breached the information in it can go towards building a profile.

Don't worry buddy, your masters are working on a solution to it all, it is in the works, and coming soon to get this all straightened out.

That sounds great, but I have a feeling there is going to be a downside such as government tracking everywhere I go, everyone I communicate with, everything I purchase, everything I read, everything I say, and when they figure it out every thought I have.

That sounds great, but I have a feeling there is going to be a downside such as government tracking everywhere I go, everyone I communicate with, everything I purchase, everything I read, everything I say, and when they figure it out every thought I have.

Ya think?

It's how Trump manipulated himself into winning.

Ever hear of Cambridge Analytics?

The elites will be able to control and target the message tailor made, folks won't have their own thoughts anymore, they just believe they are acting on their own free will. They aren't.

The Data That Turned the World Upside Down

The code spreads and moves through things you do not want it in. It only takes a crack for it to be every where! Keep your asttitude though! When I show up and tell you I need to format c and reinstall windows do not be surprised!

Passwords aren't the only problem for security. If you have a Google account, do not surf the web while signed in even though they say it will be more fulfilling experience for you. They will collect every web site you go to and every product you look at and sell it to scads of ad firms. The browsers, Chrome, Google, and Internet explorer have a direct ability to pigeonhole you and filter your searches to what demographic they think you are. (I use DuckDuckGo.com as a default for every search I do. Non-tracking. Take a look)

To me that is a problem that is widening the left/right cultural divide. If they see you looking at Fox news on youtube, they will focus on conservative sites in any search you do, and promote bias confirmation. Of course a similar thing happens if you watch MSNBC on youtube. If you want an objective view of what's happening in the news, don't sign in and let them know your politics.

I'm an agent. How about privacy? I think you're lax about it. Being on the internet means that you're being spied on and information sold on you to companies for profit. They can track where you go via your phone. I wouldn't be surprised if they start looking at what's on your computer/phone or be able to use your camera to look at you and there goes your security. They could end up stealing your identity..

I'm an agent. How about privacy? I think you're lax about it. Being on the internet means that you're being spied on and information sold on you to companies for profit. They can track where you go via your phone. I wouldn't be surprised if they start looking at what's on your computer/phone or be able to use your camera to look at you and there goes your security. They could end up stealing your identity..
The only way to be secure from hackers is keep your stuff away from the Internet. However, my point is that you can do a much better job securing what you truly want secured, if you're not forced into securing a lot stuff you don't care about securing.

Forum List

Back