'SEE / KNOW Something, SAY SOMETHING'....Why DECADES of 'Enabling', ESPECIALLY By WOMEN?

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
'Everyone KNEW about Weinstein's sexual crimes against women'
......yet it remained a secret for decades until it was FINALLY exposed.

'Everyone KNEW about Moore'
......yet apparently no one stepped up and said anything until election time.

'Oh, We All Knew To Avoid Getting in An Elevator With Rep. Conyers'
- ABC's Cokie Roberts
----- Cokie Roberts: Oh, We All Knew To Avoid Getting in An Elevator With Rep. Conyers
......yet this was never made known until Roberts spoke out on ABC's 'This Week'.

Now being exposed, in both Hollywood and within the US Federal Govt in DC, are the DECADES of sexual predatory crimes / misconduct against women that have been KNOWN, PROTECTED, ENABLED, PAID OFF, and KEPT SECRET!

The question I have is "WHY?" ESPECIALLY kept hidden / secret by WOMEN?!

Do you / they not understand how many women have been FORCED to endure the continued sexual harassment, sexual assault, and rapes perpetrated against them because 'people KNEW' and said / did NOTHING?!

As far as I am concerned, Cokie Roberts is just as 'guilty' as the sexual predators / pevs who committed the crimes because they 'KNEW' and chose instead to say / do nothing!

Fear

The people they would be speaking out against have power and influence. These women's lives could be ruined for nothing.

Fear

The people they would be speaking out against have power and influence. These women's lives could be ruined for nothing.
'For Nothing'?

Countless numbers of women have been sexually harassed, assaulted, and raped because no one stood up.

I am not only pointing to the women - according to many who have spoken out many MEN protected and enabled these predators.

That Watchdog group that now seeks to expose the names of the Congressmen who paid off their victims using tax dollars to do so is right - the culture must be changed...the current culture of sexual mis-conduct and enabling must be BURNT TO THE GROUND!

Because despite decades of attempts to force the idea that women are just as capable as men in the work force, reality shows that a good deal of them are emotionally incapable of defending themselves, lack the self confidence to speak up, and are too wrapped up in the "feminist quest for a career" to actually bother standing up for their own [alleged] personal moral convictions...

The reasons are varied as the victims and alleged victims.

The most disgusting victims have to be the Harvey Weinstein "victims". If everyone knew what he was like, the women were still clawing at one another to get an intro and hopefully a proposition and step up to stardom.

Because despite decades of attempts to force the idea that women are just as capable as men in the work force, reality shows that a good deal of them are emotionally incapable of defending themselves, lack the self confidence to speak up, and are too wrapped up in the "feminist quest for a career" to actually bother standing up for their own [alleged] personal moral convictions...

The most disgusting victims have to be the Harvey Weinstein "victims". If everyone knew what he was like, the women were still clawing at one another to get an intro and hopefully a proposition and step up to stardom.

Wow.

Look at the line around the block of tards who want to blame the women for Weinstein assaulting them.

You fucking idiots don't even know. You don't even realize you are explaining exactly how Weinstein got away with it for so long.

Because of people. Just. Like. You.

Trying to stand up against the enablers of predators is extremely emotionally taxing and if those females do not have good people standing with them they are crushed under the weight of the false accusations and bs that follows complaint or taking a stand for truth. It is much better now than it was thirty and forty years ago but I don't think on a whole at this point there is any excuse for people who can help stand against abuse staying silent about it when it happens. If the abused do not speak up now when it happens or with more recent incidences they are assisting the enablers of abuses.

The term actress and whore were synonyms for centuries, for some women they still are.

Fear

'For Nothing'?

Countless numbers of women have been sexually harassed, assaulted, and raped because no one stood up.

I am not only pointing to the women - according to many who have spoken out many MEN protected and enabled these predators.

That Watchdog group that now seeks to expose the names of the Congressmen who paid off their victims using tax dollars to do so is right - the culture must be changed...the current culture of sexual mis-conduct and enabling must be BURNT TO THE GROUND!

I agree, but throwing blame towards the victims doesn't accomplish that. Understanding that the victims are emotionally damaged by these acts, and that coming forward takes an amazing amount of strength, does help accomplish that.

It's easy to sit back and say "Just say something". But can you imagine the thought that the person who sexually assaulted you would walk away scott free, while you're labeled an unpatriotic partisan hack just for telling your story. That's what these victims have to deal with. Look at what happened to the people who spoke out against Bill Clinton and Donald Trump.

Hopefully the time and momentum will that exists now will be used, as the nation is strengthened and determined to eradicate the sexual predator vermin from society / govt and change our culture!

Trying to stand up against the enablers of predators is extremely emotionally taxing and if those females do not have good people standing with them they are crushed under the weight of the false accusations and bs that follows complaint or taking a stand for truth. It is much better now than it was thirty and forty years ago but I don't think on a whole at this point there is any excuse for people who can help stand against abuse staying silent about it when it happens. If the abused do not speak up now when it happens or with more recent incidences they are assisting the enablers of abuses.

That doesn't really deflate my point; it is becoming clear that a rather large portion of women are, or at a minimum, "were" too emotionally weak to handle themselves without protections. Ironically those protections were that women stayed away from the cut-throat world of business, they were protected from other men; hell they had separate train cars in the way back (so the men could talk shit, and the women could gab, and so that the men would take the brunt of the impact in an accident.) 90% of the shit that feminism labels as "disrespectful" to women is actually the exact fucking opposite - but this is the age of being offended so idiots all over are actively turning over every stone to find anything that could remotely be considered offensive in some twisted way. But I digress on the subject of "progressive ideology inevitably leading to stupidity."

I do agree though, women should say something, right then, and perhaps even if /they/ are not offended at the time (when we're talking about abuse of power situations.) I made that mistake myself. My bosses husband (also a coworker and in a management position, though not /my/ manager) was all over me, I turned him down hard, repeatedly, but I ultimately had to move to a different district because he wouldn't give up. It didn't offend me, nor did he "rape or assault" me by even today's crazy standards, he was just persistent... He was always very respectful (charming even), but I wasn't interested in him, so ya know I never reported it, I just removed myself from the situation. Years later the guy went to jail for sleeping with the young teen (15-18 year old) employees he was supposed to be supervising. I kicked myself a bit after that, because I could have stopped them girls from getting involved with the guy (and his wife, cause she was in on it all) but at the time, it just didn't occur to me that I wasn't a "special" case (I was a pretty narc what does one expect heh) I didn't really think he was hitting on everyone... I didn't think he was pedo...

I cannot help but wonder how many of these #metoo women's /real/ story is like mine? Where the woman just blew it off for whatever reason. To bring it up now as an "accusation" is pretty shitty imo. Not saying we can't have a "cultural adjustment" where that's not the norm anymore - where it's reported immediately and stuff, but I'm not sure they're... being fully honest... or maybe not helping the cause... It's hard to explain, but it's like we're stuck in this hysteria atm that's deflating any actual good that might come out of this "movement"

Like we seriously need to have an adult discussion to define, or even redefine, what constitutes sexual assault and harassment... In the past it was kind of based on "malicious" intent... It's like, when I decided I wanted to sleep with my current husband, I didn't ask his permission like some pussy beta; I grabbed his ass and stuck my tongue down his throat - fully expecting that he was into me based on our flirting and shit prior. IF he had pushed me away or turned me down then it was no big deal, swing and a miss, nothing more. It's not like I'd have stalked him or pushed him into it if he wasn't interested. My intentions were not "malicious" in the slightest. Similarly like Bush patting the gal on the ass, the David-cop-a-feel joke is older than dirt, there's no "harm" intended in that, it's just playing around. I mean I get it if a gal doesn't want her ass touched, but how about being an adult and saying that you don't like it straight up - guaranteed 99% of guys would be like "no problem, sorry" because they didn't mean anything by it, didn't mean to upset the gal or anything. It's like when married guys joke about their "ball and chain" and how "shitty marriage is" - it's just a joke, ya know what I mean? Then there's the fruit loop shit like a guy complementing a woman is harassment, give me a fucking break... Look we're sexual creatures, even us women, we have sex on the brain all the time so we joke about it all the damn time - we have to respect that "reality" too, plus how's a guy and a girl gonna hook up if /everything/ that might get them into bed is considered rape, assault, or harassment? It's unrealistic and it ... cheapens the seriousness of the terms - like calling everyone a nazi and shit.

I'm just saying that there has to be an adult discussion about the "new" parameters of "acceptable" behavior, we can't just hold everyone to these new undisclosed standards 20 years down the road - and I don't see how we can have that kind of discussion when we're in this hysteria of #metoo... IDK the solution, but there has to be some realistic limits that somehow respects both the ideas that not all men are fucking pigs, and that some of us women /want/ a guy to be bold and "aggressive" in their pick up lines. There has to be a mutual respect and understanding, as well as discussion about what /women/ need to say or do or something if a guy catcalls them and that makes them uncomfortable - calling the police isn't the right response IMO, women need to say hey, don't do that - and men (likely already) can respect that that particular woman doesn't like it, no biggie and both move on with a better understanding of each other. A good thing ya know, a positive outcome.

meaning they kept going back. hly fk. what a bunch of enablers.

Yes, I am not surprised you blame the victims.

At all.
who's fault they allowed more women to get abused? who's fault is it? If no one reports it, it keeps a going all night long as Areosmith sings it.
Did you really just ask me whose fault it is that an abuser keeps abusing women?

This evades you? Seriously?

You actually ran to catch up to the Blame The Victims Bandwagon. HOLY SHIT!!!!

Fear

'For Nothing'?

I agree, but throwing blame towards the victims doesn't accomplish that. Understanding that the victims are emotionally damaged by these acts, and that coming forward takes an amazing amount of strength, does help accomplish that.

It's easy to sit back and say "Just say something". But can you imagine the thought that the person who sexually assaulted you would walk away scott free, while you're labeled an unpatriotic partisan hack just for telling your story. That's what these victims have to deal with. Look at what happened to the people who spoke out against Bill Clinton and Donald Trump.
it is their fault. I don't understand how you can say that. the lack of reporting it allowed others to be hurt. so fk off.

Yes, I am not surprised you blame the victims.

At all.
who's fault they allowed more women to get abused? who's fault is it? If no one reports it, it keeps a going all night long as Areosmith sings it.
Did you really just ask me whose fault it is that an abuser keeps abusing women?

This evades you? Seriously?

You actually ran to catch up to the Blame The Victims Bandwagon. HOLY SHIT!!!!
yeah, cause no one reported him. yep the victim allowed it to continue on and on over years and years. the numbers must be bigly. you're too fking stupid to understand it.

That's why the culture has to be 'burned down to the ground'.

And it is hard enough to be a woman to come forward knowing the men will attack you, but when 'traitorous' / betraying 'knts' like Hillary and Pelosi insult, attack, threaten, and intimidate you in the name of politics / partisanship / to protect their own political careers / or whatever, that makes it even harder.

That doesn't really deflate my point; it is becoming clear that a rather large portion of women are, or at a minimum, "were" too emotionally weak to handle themselves without protections. Ironically those protections were that women stayed away from the cut-throat world of business, they were protected from other men; hell they had separate train cars in the way back (so the men could talk shit, and the women could gab, and so that the men would take the brunt of the impact in an accident.) 90% of the shit that feminism labels as "disrespectful" to women is actually the exact fucking opposite - but this is the age of being offended so idiots all over are actively turning over every stone to find anything that could remotely be considered offensive in some twisted way. But I digress on the subject of "progressive ideology inevitably leading to stupidity."

I do agree though, women should say something, right then, and perhaps even if /they/ are not offended at the time (when we're talking about abuse of power situations.) I made that mistake myself. My bosses husband (also a coworker and in a management position, though not /my/ manager) was all over me, I turned him down hard, repeatedly, but I ultimately had to move to a different district because he wouldn't give up. It didn't offend me, nor did he "rape or assault" me by even today's crazy standards, he was just persistent... He was always very respectful (charming even), but I wasn't interested in him, so ya know I never reported it, I just removed myself from the situation. Years later the guy went to jail for sleeping with the young teen (15-18 year old) employees he was supposed to be supervising. I kicked myself a bit after that, because I could have stopped them girls from getting involved with the guy (and his wife, cause she was in on it all) but at the time, it just didn't occur to me that I wasn't a "special" case (I was a pretty narc what does one expect heh) I didn't really think he was hitting on everyone... I didn't think he was pedo...

I cannot help but wonder how many of these #metoo women's /real/ story is like mine? Where the woman just blew it off for whatever reason. To bring it up now as an "accusation" is pretty shitty imo. Not saying we can't have a "cultural adjustment" where that's not the norm anymore - where it's reported immediately and stuff, but I'm not sure they're... being fully honest... or maybe not helping the cause... It's hard to explain, but it's like we're stuck in this hysteria atm that's deflating any actual good that might come out of this "movement"

Like we seriously need to have an adult discussion to define, or even redefine, what constitutes sexual assault and harassment... In the past it was kind of based on "malicious" intent... It's like, when I decided I wanted to sleep with my current husband, I didn't ask his permission like some pussy beta; I grabbed his ass and stuck my tongue down his throat - fully expecting that he was into me based on our flirting and shit prior. IF he had pushed me away or turned me down then it was no big deal, swing and a miss, nothing more. It's not like I'd have stalked him or pushed him into it if he wasn't interested. My intentions were not "malicious" in the slightest. Similarly like Bush patting the gal on the ass, the David-cop-a-feel joke is older than dirt, there's no "harm" intended in that, it's just playing around. I mean I get it if a gal doesn't want her ass touched, but how about being an adult and saying that you don't like it straight up - guaranteed 99% of guys would be like "no problem, sorry" because they didn't mean anything by it, didn't mean to upset the gal or anything. It's like when married guys joke about their "ball and chain" and how "shitty marriage is" - it's just a joke, ya know what I mean? Then there's the fruit loop shit like a guy complementing a woman is harassment, give me a fucking break... Look we're sexual creatures, even us women, we have sex on the brain all the time so we joke about it all the damn time - we have to respect that "reality" too, plus how's a guy and a girl gonna hook up if /everything/ that might get them into bed is considered rape, assault, or harassment? It's unrealistic and it ... cheapens the seriousness of the terms - like calling everyone a nazi and shit.

I'm just saying that there has to be an adult discussion about the "new" parameters of "acceptable" behavior, we can't just hold everyone to these new undisclosed standards 20 years down the road - and I don't see how we can have that kind of discussion when we're in this hysteria of #metoo... IDK the solution, but there has to be some realistic limits that somehow respects both the ideas that not all men are fucking pigs, and that some of us women /want/ a guy to be bold and "aggressive" in their pick up lines. There has to be a mutual respect and understanding, as well as discussion about what /women/ need to say or do or something if a guy catcalls them and that makes them uncomfortable - calling the police isn't the right response IMO, women need to say hey, don't do that - and men (likely already) can respect that that particular woman doesn't like it, no biggie and both move on with a better understanding of each other. A good thing ya know, a positive outcome.
I wasn't trying to deflate your point. Fact is I went through being one of the first female contractors years and years ago. All of us first ones to go there were extremely harassed. Out of six others I knew of in that exact same position only one was willing to try to stand up against it with me and she was slandered when she stood because one of her children had drowned in a terrible accident a few years previously. We could not have stood up with our voices if there had not been good men and women to stand with us in positions that could make a difference.

I agree hysteria isn't necessary but as far as I am concerned males and females need to keep their paws to themselves no matter who they are unless there is some kind of connection of beyond a doubt there that would be an obvious come-on. Maybe some think it is perfectly normal to act animalistic but I don't.

I'd be with Rod once in awhile at the local bar when he asked (pleaded with) me to come down and have a drink (his hobby at the time to get away from the hustle and bustle of work) with him and guys would be persistent even when I'd tell them "I am happily married not thank you" or "I'm perfectly content with my husband's attentions not interested have a good day." I'd get frustrated at the ones that persisted beyond reasonable that couldn't understand "happily married' and eventually spout off something like, "Maybe you should just have HIT ME tattooed to you forehead to cut out the bullshit so you won't be wasting other people's time". Rod even went to the extreme of having me wear a big diamond on my hand as a show of purchase for the one's in hick town that money seems to be the only language they understand where males and females still are backward enough to think love has a price of some sort. How would you feel if you were trying to support yourself and some guy starts spouting about how good your ass looks and what it may feel like to them (I have seen that a lot over the years and always knew its a good thing I didn't have to stay working as a waitress). Isn't stuff like that a bit too much and extremely rude. I mean is our society that stoogepid and ignorance so far propagated that it can't get past the fact that females have families to support too. Also how about an equipment operator hitting you with a backhoe boom because he doesn't think a female belongs on a construction site working to support her children too. Or the guy in an office where you work that tells you his wife knows he sleeps around so its okay if....

I used to have a few employees and even some professionals make comments from time to time Miss ........ you sure look mighty fine today or things of that nature which I don't consider harassment but then again I rarely dressed in nice casual clothes instead of sloppy work clothes for that same reason as I didn't want anyone getting the wrong idea. Females used to wrap wide bandages around their breast trying to flatten them out so males would get the wrong idea. That tells me that some males are too immature to be around females and the same goes for females if they are so totally messed up that all they can think about the opposite sex is the sex they could have with them and can't control their animalistic urges. My males dogs have had better etiquette around female bitches in heat than a lot of people seem to have today.

Catcalls I always thought were somewhat barbaric and may be harmless but then again there are too many idiots out there that would stop at just letting their shit fly out of their mouths. If their mouths are vile it is a good possibility their minds are too.

Perhaps you have been raised in a sexualized environment where sexualizing people is in every nook and cranny of society so that is what is on your mind all the time but I can assure that not everyone 'thinks about sex all the time'. There are a lot of other things in this world to see and learn about that both male and females discuss without anything sexual ever being inferred in the conversations. The way sexualization is constantly at the forefront of every venue out there it looks like the entire society is fully saturated with it all and it is just one big happy orgy. Facts are is there are a lot of miserable people out there pushing to keep this giant orgy going with shit like Viagra, abortions on demand and classes or workshops, etc. on how to feel good while doing........whatever type act it is with whoever where ever without any restraints or restrictions on their party time.

Forum List

Back