See we told you.. Mcdonalds is ordering 7K touch screen to replace cashiers

McDonald's orders 7,000 touchscreen kiosks to replace cashiers - Neowin

YOu wanna walk out on your job for more money. Guess what you now might lose your jobs all because of UNIONS who are greedy..

Technicians will have to build and service those touchscreens. Republicans are simply too ignorant to be technicians. The problem for Republicans is that they will have no one to complain to when they punch in their order and get the wrong stuff.
No one as stupid as you has a right to an opinion.

with a 6% profit margin before taxes?? Right.

Would you like to guess how many minimum wage increases there have been since MacDonald's began?

Go ahead, take a guess without googling. Use the 1955 date of the first franchise.

I have no need to. I figured this all before, when the subject came up. Bet you haven't checked to see how their prices have coincided with it have you? See, you choose to only look at one half of the equation. Go google that. Prices have risen less than wages have.
Tell me also how much harder has that job gotten? Less, I bet, due to automation.

The minimum wage, adjusted for inflation, peaked in 1969. Despite all the wailing and moaning around each subsequent min. wage increase,

the reality is that the minimum wage has been falling, and people working minimum wage have been getting poorer and poorer.

Why can't Mcdonalds at least pay what they paid in 1969, adjusted for inflation? Was it SO hard for Mcdonalds to make money in 1969?

YOu wanna walk out on your job for more money. Guess what you now might lose your jobs all because of UNIONS who are greedy..

LOL! You really ARE completely clueless, aren't you?

Automation has been an issue with unions for DECADES.

Businesses have long sought to replace workers with machines. One of the most noticeable examples of that trend in recent years has been replacing cashiers with automatic scanners in grocery stores. You've seen those, haven't you?

The companies save money when you do the work yourself, but you don't get a discount on your groceries because you self-scan, do you? Hell, you're actually working without getting paid.

So, go ahead and scan your own groceries. Bag them up too while you're at it. You've just helped the company with their bottom line, and you haven't been paid for your work, and some other poor slob has probably lost his job.
Hey genius.....The prices reflect the savings on labor costs.
You libs are too thick to know this. Just because it does not say "discount" on the receipt does not mean the customer is not realizing the savings of not paying for the unneeded labor.

Why is MacDonald's able to make money in the states with minimum wages higher than the national minimum wage?

Where has a MacDonald's ever gone bankrupt because of wages?

The minimum wage has been FALLING for 45 years. This is what conservatives have wanted.

Now what have Americans gotten, as a consequence, that is so much better?

Liberal politicians.

Oh wait, you said better.

Technicians will have to build and service those touchscreens. Republicans are simply too ignorant to be technicians. The problem for Republicans is that they will have no one to complain to when they punch in their order and get the wrong stuff.

There is no dumbassery so dumbassed you won't enthusiastically spout it, is there?

I was a technician in the Air Force. I operated power plants consisting of up to a dozen MEP-012A 750kW diesel-powered generators operating at 4,160VAC; I led a crew responsible for doing major maintenance of those same generators; I operated and maintained BAK-12 emergency aircraft arresting systems, both portable and permanent installations; and I operated and maintained various different commercial off-the-shelf emergency standby generators ranging in size from a thousand watts to 1 Megawatt.

I am a Republican. Furthermore, I am a conservative Republican, the kind you claim is most stupid. Yet I was entrusted by the United States government to operate and maintain all that equipment that the Air Force mission -- and the lives of the aircrew aboard busted fighter jets -- utterly depended on.

You say I'm ignorant; the Air Force says you're full of shit.

Between the two of us, I'm a freakin' genius, and you're a barely-literate retard.

Run along now, boy. We're liable to use big words that scare you.

Your efforts to lay a beat down on deano are admirable. Also a waste of time. That moron comes on here just to get a rise out of conservatives. He's a far left radical loon.

With the money they save on overpaid burger flippers and cashiers, they can import all the Chinese and Indian technicians they need. Set up some barracks style living conditions in the back rooms and give them all the free foodstuffs they want and they'll think they died and went to heaven.

You have quite the imagination.

Ever heard of self service gas pumps? Apparently not.

What about them?
Great for consumers!
Ever get gas in NJ? Having to wait on some cantankerous jerk who hates his job? Watch as he takes his sweet time getting to each car? Then has the nerve to stand there with this look on his face like he deserves a tip for pumping your gas?
It comes are no surprise that 48 or 49 states permit self serve gasoline.

The banks were way ahead of the curve...in 1982 they introduced ATMs because national healthcare was coming....

At the time it was primarily because they couldn't find teller candidates who had been taught in public indoctrination institutions ("schools") how to make correct change. To this day it's why so many stores close during power outages. Clerks can't make change without bankrupting the store or pissing off short-changed customers.

Yep...Today's typical cashier cannot make change without assistance.

LOL! You really ARE completely clueless, aren't you?

Automation has been an issue with unions for DECADES.

Businesses have long sought to replace workers with machines. One of the most noticeable examples of that trend in recent years has been replacing cashiers with automatic scanners in grocery stores. You've seen those, haven't you?

The companies save money when you do the work yourself, but you don't get a discount on your groceries because you self-scan, do you? Hell, you're actually working without getting paid.

So, go ahead and scan your own groceries. Bag them up too while you're at it. You've just helped the company with their bottom line, and you haven't been paid for your work, and some other poor slob has probably lost his job.
Actually, you ARE getting paid when you self-checkout.

In time. By not having to wait in line behind a guy with a whole cartload of groceries.

It's a lot quicker, and my time is worth something to me.

I really enjoyed the self checkout at our local grocery store. And I could bag my groceries exactly how I wanted them bagged. And I will enjoy a touch screen method of ordering at the local fast food places too if it comes to that.

I also enjoy chitchatting with the employees if I am being helped by an honest to goodness person who speaks my language and is reasonably competent in his/her job. But it is a near certainty that higher wages at McDonalds or anywhere else that specializes in discounted food or products will result in much more automation and reduced staffs and fewer opportunities for people to obtain entry level jobs.

And the real scandal is that for the most part it is not the employees who are complaining or asking for this.

One of our nearby Walmarts got picketed whenever the official picket Walmart day was recently. The pre-headlines were hundreds of Walmart employees to demonstrate for higher wages or some such. The only problem was, when the local TV stations got there, they found only a couple of dozen folks walking the picket line and not one of them was or has ever been a Walmart employee. The customers entering and leaving the store mostly ignored them. That should give the looniest liberal pause for thought.

I started a thread on this issue. That most of the Walmart and now fast food protesters were not employees of the picketed establishments.
Instead, most of the protesters are either SEIU members or hired operatives of SEIU.

What about them?
Great for consumers!
Ever get gas in NJ? Having to wait on some cantankerous jerk who hates his job? Watch as he takes his sweet time getting to each car? Then has the nerve to stand there with this look on his face like he deserves a tip for pumping your gas?
Are you shitting me?

Full serve in NJ is great. Cold and rain and you sit in your car and have someone pump it for you. NEVER seen anyone expect a tip

Cheapest gas in the Northeast too

Last edited:

What about them?
Great for consumers!
Are you shitting me?

Full serve in NJ is great. Cold an rain and you sit in your car and have someone pump it for you. NEVER seen anyone expect a tip

Cheapest gas in the Northeast too

You must be oversampling Democratic gas stations.

Forum List

Back