Seen this warning?

deltex1

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2012
PLEASE READ. WILL NOT HURT TO AND FORWARD. Kids are putting Drano, tin foil, and a little water in plastic drink bottles and capping it up - leaving it on lawns, in mail boxes, in gardens, on driveways etc. just waiting for you to pick it up intending to put it in the rubbish, but you'll never make it!!! If the bottle is picked up, and the bottle is shaken even just a little - in about 30 seconds or less it builds up enough gas which then explodes with enough force to remove some your extremities. The liquid that comes out is boiling hot as well. Don't pick up any plastic bottles that may be lying in your yards or in the gutter, etc. Pay attention to this. A plastic bottle with a cap. A little Drano. A little water. A small piece of foil. Disturb it by moving it; and BOOM!! No fingers left and other serious effects to your face, eyes, etc. Please ensure that everyone that may not have email access are also informed of this.
PLEASE READ. WILL NOT HURT TO AND FORWARD.

What starts in Illinois has a way of affecting the whole country...

Wow, seriously? What ever happened to the harmless pranks kids used to do? Are they really getting that desensitized or are they just stupid? So, every time i find a piece of trash in my yard will I have to call the cops to get it cleared up?

Jeeze, Louise!! Where in hell do kids learn this stuff?! Every time we turn around they have come up with some new concoction that's either harmful to themselves or someone else.

I guess when I was a kid the worst thing parents (or kids) had to deal with was having the bejesus scared out of them was when a cap gun or small firecracker went off without warning.

Lord, have mercy.

OMG, a silly Drano bomb.

Listen up geniuses. All this little chemistry experiment does is produce hydrogen gas that overwhelms the container and causes it to burst from pressure. The reaction is relatively slow so it is extremely unlikely that some passerby would pick up any of these devices long enough to produce the reaction. Somebody better call homeland security! Hide your Drano.

I believe the only perceivable danger would be putting the Drano bomb in an enclosed space to magnify it's power. Plus the caustic effects of the reaction of the device are a slight concern but overall it's just a glorified noise maker.

I'm sorry but I just can't to worked up about small things like this but I don't condone either.

Last edited:
Jeeze, Louise!! Where in hell do kids learn this stuff?! Every time we turn around they have come up with some new concoction that's either harmful to themselves or someone else.

I guess when I was a kid the worst thing parents (or kids) had to deal with was having the bejesus scared out of them was when a cap gun or small firecracker went off without warning.

Lord, have mercy.

Where did the innocent Tray chile learn about Lean?

Lord, have mercy.

OK - Educate Granny. I get the Tray chile part- what's Lean?

Lord, have mercy.

OK - Educate Granny. I get the Tray chile part- what's Lean?

BEWARE!!

Lean is the gateway drug to

Yes, that's right ...

The DREADED ....

Skittles_Original.jpg

And, as we all know, the only defense against

Skittles_Original.jpg

... is ...

Gatling_Gun.jpeg

Forum List

Back