Selective Feminism

no, I've never heard anyone say "Republicans hate women, Democrats, Hispanics, gays, immigrants, the poor, etc.". If I did I would demand they validate that blanket statement.

:disbelief:

OMG, you're a joke

I'm not the answerer here; I'm the questioner. This is Kaz's point about the DP defining what feminism is. I'm STILL waiting for that documentation.
impatient.gif

Your flagrant hypocrisy and double standards are totally relevant to the question you asked and why it has no credibility.

Secondly, "Feminism" isn't about defending all women from attacks. I don't know why you keep using that term.

If a feminist claims to be for all women, but fails to stand up for one when she is denigrated by someone, if a feminist advocates or supports the rights and equality of women, why does she not support that for all women? Should that not translate into defending them regardless of that they believe as well? How can they say "we represent all women" but sit idly by while certain women are degraded and treated with utter contempt?

However inconsistent or hypercritical you might perceive ‘feminism’ to be, the movement was predicated on the effort to defend the civil liberties of women from capricious, unwarranted attacks by the state on their privacy rights and right to self-determination.

For example, if the state had sought to deny Sarah Palin one of her fundamental rights – to vote, to decide whether to have a child or not, or to marry – predicated solely on her being a woman, ‘feminists’ and liberals would be the first to come to her defense, regardless how repugnant they might find her political dogma.

I'm not the answerer here; I'm the questioner. This is Kaz's point about the DP defining what feminism is. I'm STILL waiting for that documentation.
impatient.gif

Your flagrant hypocrisy and double standards are totally relevant to the question you asked and why it has no credibility.

-- So you're running away from your own statement? Abandoning ship?

By my count this is four times in a row you bailed out on giving this any legs to stand on:
According to the Democratic party, feminism is obsessing about their sex organs and only voting on access to government provided birth control, free abortions and lowering the bar in their careers and education. According to Democratic women, they are right.

:dunno:

Whatsa matta? Can't just say you fucked up?

Last edited:
Secondly, "Feminism" isn't about defending all women from attacks. I don't know why you keep using that term.

Thanks for this.

Even now, after all these years of men and women saying that all people are equal, there are still so many who do not seem to know what "feminism" is.

Granted that the OP is very young and gets a lot of things wrong, why so much fear of equality? Why are so many Americans against equality for all Americans?

584317_700b.jpg

But yet, she's still a woman. Why would what she believes make her any different? Thanks for making my point for me, Dragonlady.

Feminism is about beliefs and ideals, not defending all women. That's the whole point of it.

TK spends most of the time trying to put words in your mouth when he's losing the argument (which is everyday).

Followed by one of his lame ass, very childish, "Oh woe is me, I was wrong" threads.

And that is always followed by yet another lame ass thread based on his fantasies.

Being a woman doesn't make one a feminist anymore than being tall makes one a basketball player. Sarah Palin and a lot of the criticism of her is way off base. She is possibly the dumbest public servant to ever elevate as high as she has elevated but personal attacks on her family should be off limits. Equating her with Sandra Fluke based on anatomy is like assuming that Dennis Kucinich with Dick Cheney share societal views because they both have the same parts.

Read the thread. You have been exposed.

For? Hoping to catch me plagiarizing someone else's work? What kind of fool do you take me for, exactly? I think I can do what I want with my work, without having to answer to you. That will be all.

I actually thought it was yours. I would not be upset to learn that it was. But...given the circumstances you need to prove that you are the author.

Can you do that?

And, since you asked, I take you for a lame fool. A foolish fool. A lonely fool. A fool desperate for attention. An unemployed taker fool. A fat, lazy fool. And a blowhard fool.

no, he does NOT.

if anything it is YOU or whoever claimed first it is not him has to prove it.

Liberals are the most violent against females....they kill many of them via abortion.

Hell most rapists and murderers have liberal morals....

Thanks for this.

Even now, after all these years of men and women saying that all people are equal, there are still so many who do not seem to know what "feminism" is.

Granted that the OP is very young and gets a lot of things wrong, why so much fear of equality? Why are so many Americans against equality for all Americans?

584317_700b.jpg

Why is equality a good thing in of itself?

Thanks for this.

584317_700b.jpg

Because it conforms to the Constitution and its case law, reflecting the original intent of the Framers.

Due process, equal protection doctrine, and the rule of law in general are predicated on the fact that in a free and just society such as our Constitutional Republic, all citizens are treated as equal by the state.

Thanks for this.

584317_700b.jpg

Because it conforms to the Constitution and its case law, reflecting the original intent of the Framers.

Due process, equal protection doctrine, and the rule of law in general are predicated on the fact that in a free and just society such as our Constitutional Republic, all citizens are treated as equal by the state.

The 14th Amendment wasn't part of the initial Constitution, or the original Bill of Rights. The Bill of Rights weren't even part of the original Constitution. So that nonsense about the "original intent" is bunk.

Why is the 14th Amendment good in of itself?

Thanks for this.

584317_700b.jpg

The fear of equality is consistent with the fear of change, diversity, dissent, and expressions of individual liberty.

For many, a woman who expresses her individual liberty as a sexually active person is unacceptable, it violates their subjective beliefs of what a woman ‘should be,’ subjecting women to a double standard – to indeed not be equal.

No one gives a second thought to a man being sexually active, but a sexually active woman is considered a ‘slut.’

Thanks for this.

584317_700b.jpg

The fear of equality is consistent with the fear of change, diversity, dissent, and expressions of individual liberty.

For many, a woman who expresses her individual liberty as a sexually active person is unacceptable, it violates their subjective beliefs of what a woman ‘should be,’ subjecting women to a double standard – to indeed not be equal.

No one gives a second thought to a man being sexually active, but a sexually active woman is considered a ‘slut.’

So a woman has the right to sleep around but society doesn't have the right to criticize it? Interesting...

Thanks for this.

584317_700b.jpg

So a woman has the right to sleep around but society doesn't have the right to criticize it? Interesting...

Criticize all you want as long as you know its really none of your business.

It is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS any more than your sex life is the business of others.

As for your earlier post, if you don't like the Constitution, move to Russia.

Well I came in to see what the point would be about feminism, and I couldn't find one

According to the Democratic party, feminism is obsessing about their sex organs and only voting on access to government provided birth control, free abortions and lowering the bar in their careers and education. According to Democratic women, they are right.

Bullshit. Feminism is about equality of women in the workplace, about equal pay for women doing the same jobs as men, about a woman's right to choice in abortion, about health insurance that doesn't discriminate against women, about women's access to credit and mortgages. It's about women having the same opportunities for education, employment and advancement as men.

It is only the most ill-informed or misognyistic who would suggest that feminisim is only interested in sex and abortions.

And for the record Kaz, Fluke wasn't asking tax payers to cover the cost of her birth control, she was asking for the private health care insurance provided by her university, for which she was required to pay the sum of $4,000, not have the birth control provisions of the ACA exempted because she happened to be attending a Catholic school.

Fluke, and the other female students from Georgetown University are paying for their own health care, not asking the government to pay for it. In believing otherwise, you again come off as ill-informed or mysogynistic, or both.

@Esmerelda

How do you like this shit?

Plagiarism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia <See 'Self Plagiarism'.

There is such a thing as 'self plagiarism,' which applies to published work and to the work of students who are submitting papers for a grade and/or credit. It doesn't literally apply to unpublished, online work, but I see it as a matter of courtesy and frankness. I have TK on ignore, so don't usually read his posts. I read that one as it was the original post, and I wanted to know what the thread was about. He has certainly perfected the style of the online blogger, people who fancy themselves as 'writers,' which is why I thought it appeared to be a previously posted piece, and it was. So, technically, he is not required to say he had previously posted this elsewhere, but at the same time, anyone who understands writing and publishing realizes it is the appropriate thing to do. BTW, I was very familiar with the concept of self plagiarism; it is something that came up years ago in the course of my job. I used Wiki to get a quick definition for you folks.

Last edited:
-- So you're running away from your own statement? Abandoning ship?

No, I'm laughing at you for your childish hypocrisy. You're asking me to justify a statement for a reason you have no objection to at all. You have no standard for that or anything else ... as long as it was said by a liberal ...

You're a joke, you're empty pants, I just don't take you or anything you say seriously. How could I?

Forum List

Back