Sen Paul: Govt spent $118,000 to see if Thanos could really snap his fingers...

I’m not making excuses or critiques about a program I know zero about. I saw a statement by a senator that was obviously distorted. It took me all of 30 seconds to find the real story that Mr Paul conveniently left out. The money wasn’t spent to fact check a super hero movie, it actually had a scientific purpose that was geared towards robotics and prosthetics. Why leave that fact out?

Again, I know nothing about this program and how the money was spent. I’m fine with tax funds going towards promoting scientific progress and I’m also fine with audits and accountability. But with this situation neither you nor I know any details. You’re listening to a senator that’s blatantly being dishonest about what’s going and and snapping to judgement under the guise of fiscal responsibility. You have every right to feel however you want to feel about government spending but at the very least you should seek an honest discussion about it and call out the propagandists like Paul. Lying doesn’t help your cause

What's he lying about? What you posted actually backs up what he said. There is nothing more we need to know about nonsense like this. It's a waste of money and pork spending plain and simple. In fact Paul publishes an annual letter of wasteful spending. Americans and voters should unite when it comes to trash like this. But we won't, why? Because unfortunately, the only thing more partisan than our government are the voters. When your side is completely wrong, make excuses for them.

What's he lying about? What you posted actually backs up what he said. There is nothing more we need to know about nonsense like this. It's a waste of money and pork spending plain and simple. In fact Paul publishes an annual letter of wasteful spending. Americans and voters should unite when it comes to trash like this. But we won't, why? Because unfortunately, the only thing more partisan than our government are the voters. When your side is completely wrong, make excuses for them.

How is examining the dexterity of robotics to approximate the human hand a waste of money?

Do you think people who have lost their hands would benefit from this research?

Why do we not condemn that? Partisan in other words is a hypocrite.

I note that Rand is a hypocrite and you condemn that? Ron was not.
He brings the horrible spending practices to the publics attention. He is but a single vote so unless he is a swing vote on a bill how he votes has no impact. His impact comes via Exposing this insanity publicly

How is that a bad thing?

How is examining the dexterity of robotics to approximate the human hand a waste of money?

Do you think people who have lost their hands would benefit from this research?

Why do people with an artificial hand need to snap their fingers? I have a real hand and I don't do that.

Hey you don’t care about science. That’s fine. Maybe if you lost a limb and needed a prosthetic you’d care a little bit more. Maybe not. To each their own
Thanos is a fictional character…this isn’t science.

God damn you dembots are dumb

Why do people with an artificial hand need to snap their fingers? I have a real hand and I don't do that.

Because snapping your fingers requires great dexterity not available in current artificial hands.

If you can snap your fingers, you can do many other tasks

Ludite thinking

No, this kind of thinking is something leftists are incapable of called common sense. We're not talking about illness that plagues tens of millions every year like diabetes or cancer. We're talking about artificial limbs which should be a private market journey and not a taxpayer one.

You’re not even trying. The study was on finger snapping which may aid prosthetics. The snap was a small part of fun in the project which gained them some buzz.

“Their results might one day inform the design of prosthetics meant to imitate the wide-ranging capabilities of the human hand. Bhamla said the project is also a prime example of what he calls curiosity-driven science, where everyday occurrences and biological behaviors can serve as data sources for new discoveries.”

You’re not even trying. The study was on finger snapping which may aid prosthetics. The snap was a small part of fun in the project which gained them some buzz.

“Their results might one day inform the design of prosthetics meant to imitate the wide-ranging capabilities of the human hand. Bhamla said the project is also a prime example of what he calls curiosity-driven science, where everyday occurrences and biological behaviors can serve as data sources for new discoveries.”

More lies from the Democrat Party

The Gubmint wasted our tax dollars to study if Thanos really could snap his fingers.

Rand Paul caught them in the act

He brings the horrible spending practices to the publics attention. He is but a single vote so unless he is a swing vote on a bill how he votes has no impact. His impact comes via Exposing this insanity publicly

How is that a bad thing?

Everyone knows about the spending practices. The ones he votes for.

More lies from the Democrat Party

The Gubmint wasted our tax dollars to study if Thanos really could snap his fingers.

Rand Paul caught them in the act
You wouldn’t know a lie if it bityou in the butt, you believe Sanders isn’t partisan! Lol!

Susan Collins votes with her party 51.4% next is Murkowski at 30%. So the correct answer is Collins. Bernie is middle of the pack at best. Also 38 Republicans are more apt to vote against their party before a Democrat would.

Republicans seem to be less partisan than Democrats.

Forum List

Back