Sen Paul: Govt spent $118,000 to see if Thanos could really snap his fingers...

I’m not arguing about the bill. I’m arguing over bullshit line items like these that contaminate bills. You people love the all or nothing spirt of supporting a bill because it gives you political cover on so many angles. You people also love the flexibility to spend the taxpayers’ money irresponsibly.

And those line items that you are whining about were put in the budget request sent by Trump, yet you worship the ground he walks on

You ignore that Trump signed off on all of it as president.
Quite the contrary which is why I am focused on the line item fallacy. You people are sick enough to defend this egregious fiscal irresponsibility by blaming your political opponents rather than trying to rectify something that could reign in spending and help whatever President is in office.

Quite the contrary which is why I am focused on the line item fallacy. You people are sick enough to defend this egregious fiscal irresponsibility by blaming your political opponents rather than trying to rectify something that could reign in spending and help whatever President is in office.

I have been against every budget and have said I would defend any president that would veto them. But you aren't about to let a good rant go by without playing it.

The president has the power. None have the balls.

And those line items that you are whining about were put in the budget request sent by Trump, yet you worship the ground he walks on
This is not about Trump. For the record, my first choice in 2016 was Ben Carson and my top choice in ‘24 is Not Trump. I don’t want him running. You people love not having the line item veto.

This is not about Trump. For the record, my first choice in 2016 was Ben Carson and my top choice in ‘24 is Not Trump. I don’t want him running. You people love not having the line item veto.

No one is even suggesting a law to pass any such thing. One can't really support or not support something that does not exist except in theory.

I have been against every budget and have said I would defend any president that would veto them. But you aren't about to let a good rant go by without playing it.

The president has the power. None have the balls.
I’ve grown up and still live near Washington. Of course I’m going to rant about not having the line item veto.

It is a typical tactic by Conservatives like Paul

Find an expenditure and misrepresent it’s purpose then mock it as government waste and a justification to vote against the budget

Remember that $600 Toilet Seat and shrimp on a treadmill?

But we should not be spending lots of money on heated, high altitude, bomber toilet seats.
We spend way too much on the military, and we have actually never been attacked since 1812.
(We should not be in Hawaii.)
The shrimp on the treadmill also was foolish because we should just improve water quality, not try to determine how much water quality effects shrimp.

The reality is that even though hostile and aggressive military spending is made to look like only 30% of the fed budget, it really is about 75% once you count the social programs like VA hospitals and GIBill to schools, and the huge interest on the national debt that is almost entirely military spending.
Much of this fake fed spending is to cover up illegal, hostile, and aggressive military spending.
Like the School of the Americas, where we teach torture 101 to South American puppet dictator's goons.

The Government buys in bulk and is the countries largest consumer
They demand the best price and award to the lowest bidder

When it comes to military contract, they usually are private so we never find out, and even then they allow cost over rides to often more than double the original bid.

The problem is we do not follow civil service rules any more.
Like when Biden extorted Zelensky to fire Shokin.
That obviously was totally illegal.
Biden should have gone to jail for that violation of civil service rules.

When it comes to military contract, they usually are private so we never find out, and even then they allow cost over rides to often more than double the original bid.

The problem is we do not follow civil service rules any more.
Like when Biden extorted Zelensky to fire Shokin.
That obviously was totally illegal.
Biden should have gone to jail for that violation of civil service rules.
GSA buys commercial products in bulk and gets good prices

R&D type contracts are more difficult with shifting standards and more risk

Forum List

Back