Sen Paul: Govt spent $118,000 to see if Thanos could really snap his fingers...

You are outraged about research that can help the ability of prosthetic hands.

WTF is the matter with you?

How does snapping your fingers help with the ability of using prosthetic hands? I think if you lost your hand, your last worry would be if you could snap your fingers.

So in other words you don't know, and just made the assumption that he did.

The gender studies in Pakistan was in the bill he voted for. If you are arguing that every budget isn't loaded with nonsense, I have no desire to waste my time.

How does snapping your fingers help with the ability of using prosthetic hands? I think if you lost your hand, your last worry would be if you could snap your fingers.

Hard for you to figure out the dexterity of the human hand isn’t it?
If you can snap your fingers, there is whole bunch of other things you can do.

But to you, just having a hook is good enough
Why try to do more?

Why try to do more?

The research into manual dexterity in robots is a good thing to do. If it's good for the government to do, pay for it. Raise taxes like Biden said he would and pay for it.

Why try to do more?

There you go with that commie strategy again of saying if somebody doesn't agree with you they must want the worst for people. Why not just give me the money? A mentally retarded person (Democrat) can figure out you can't snap metal fingers. It has nothing to do with improving prosthetics, it has to do with dishing out money to colleges for stupid shit so they vote Democrat.

There you go with that commie strategy again of saying if somebody doesn't agree with you they must want the worst for people. Why not just give me the money? A mentally retarded person (Democrat) can figure out you can't snap metal fingers. It has nothing to do with improving prosthetics, it has to do with dishing out money to colleges for stupid shit so they vote Democrat.

You go Ray
That hook for a hand is good enough

No use spending money to try to improve it

What's he lying about? What you posted actually backs up what he said. There is nothing more we need to know about nonsense like this. It's a waste of money and pork spending plain and simple. In fact Paul publishes an annual letter of wasteful spending. Americans and voters should unite when it comes to trash like this. But we won't, why? Because unfortunately, the only thing more partisan than our government are the voters. When your side is completely wrong, make excuses for them.
He is lying by presenting the funding as a superhero fact check and not mentioning the true intent that has to do with robotics and prosthetics. Why do I need to explain that to you?

Read more than the headline smart guy
I did...Thanos is still a fictional character....and there is nothing related to science about snapping your figures in a metal glove. The fact the Govt spent over 100K to figure that out is a waste....a sad waste...but not surprised to see you defending it

How is examining the dexterity of robotics to approximate the human hand a waste of money?

Do you think people who have lost their hands would benefit from this research?

If someone wants to spend their own money on it, that's fine. The problem rises when you spend other people's money for things of this nature.

If someone wants to spend their own money on it, that's fine. The problem rises when you spend other people's money for things of this nature.

If a soldier lost his hands in Iraq, should he have to spend his own money to get working replacements?

He is lying by presenting the funding as a superhero fact check and not mentioning the true intent that has to do with robotics and prosthetics. Why do I need to explain that to you?

It has nothing to do with it. They just didn't build an arm, they built the entire character. For what?

You go Ray
That hook for a hand is good enough

No use spending money to try to improve it

Since you're going to play this childish leftist game, two can play.

In the US over 600,000 deaths occurred this year alone from cancer. Another 100,000 from diabetes. That's over 700,000 Americans a year.

Instead of spending this money for something worthwhile like cures for these diseases, we are spending it on figuring out how to make prosthetic hands snap fingers. Why do you want 700,000 Americans to die every year?

I did...Thanos is still a fictional character....and there is nothing related to science about snapping your figures in a metal glove. The fact the Govt spent over 100K to figure that out is a waste....a sad waste...but not surprised to see you defending it
Interesting… did you read about skin friction and robotics and prosthetics? If so what did you learn?

Forum List

Back