Sen Paul: Govt spent $118,000 to see if Thanos could really snap his fingers...

That's the point....we didn't need to....
I didn’t ask if we needed to. I asked why they wanted to run experiments on snaps.

You’re having a real hard time giving direct answers today. You feeling ok?

I didn’t ask what you pay for, I asked what you did. What’s the job? Why are you avoiding giving a direct answer?
Because it's none of your business, nor does it have to do with the Govt wasting money on a snap

Because it's none of your business, nor does it have to do with the Govt wasting money on a snap
Since you’re failing to see the point I’m trying to make I can give you some perspective by relating it to something in your life. Tell me what you do for work and I can give you enlightenment. That’s if you’re open to that

Since you’re failing to see the point I’m trying to make I can give you some perspective by relating it to something in your life. Tell me what you do for work and I can give you enlightenment. That’s if you’re open to that
I promise you, what I do for a living isn't dependent on the Federal Govt spending six figures on how a snap works.....not at all....moreover, I learned to snap from my parents...so, you know....

I promise you, what I do for a living isn't dependent on the Federal Govt spending six figures on how a snap works.....not at all....moreover, I learned to snap from my parents...so, you know....
I didn’t think your job was dependent on government spending nor does it need to be. But it can give me the ability to present an argument to you that you have perspective on so maybe you will understand the point I’m making that keeps going over your head. So why not just answer the question? I’ll show you how it’s relevant by the argument I respond with.

I didn’t think your job was dependent on government spending nor does it need to be. But it can give me the ability to present an argument to you that you have perspective on so maybe you will understand the point I’m making that keeps going over your head. So why not just answer the question? I’ll show you how it’s relevant by the argument I respond with.

because nothing you can say to defend this govt waste, matters to me

Since you're going to play this childish leftist game, two can play.

In the US over 600,000 deaths occurred this year alone from cancer. Another 100,000 from diabetes. That's over 700,000 Americans a year.

Instead of spending this money for something worthwhile like cures for these diseases, we are spending it on figuring out how to make prosthetic hands snap fingers. Why do you want 700,000 Americans to die every year?
Do you have any concept of what we spend on medical research?
Advanced prosthetics are part of that

Here read this and check sourcing of you like. Share it with your buddy struth please

——
The grant is #2019371, where the $118k+ is only the 2020 funds. From the description, it seems clear that they published a paper and are planning another that builds on the first. That first paper is open access; a snippet reads:

They did not test a "metal glove". The closest test was of thimbles under medical gloves:

Thanos was an inspiration for the work, but it's not about him. The authors suggest that the research will be helpful in understanding the mechanics behind creatures like termites and ants which have snapping mandibles, in addition to being useful for developing prosthetics and "soft robotics".

A lot of copy/paste and typing just to further explain to me that this is waste and vote buying. We are 31 trillion in debt and growing. We need to understand snapping?

I have a really strange idea: If we are going to over spend, why not spend on the issues that affect most Americans; issues where money can make a difference besides insuring more Democrat votes?

In another spending forum and I've been saying this all along, and that is we need to put this spending to a stop. The only way to do that is if we actually had to pay for it. I'm for having a new national consumption tax. The tax would be exclusively for deficit spending. All budgets would then be paid for. No more borrowing every again. The rich would pay it, the poor would pay it, and anybody in between would pay it.

If we currently had that (let's say 5 cents on every dollar spent) and they want to pass this pork bill, the consumption tax would increase to 10 cents on the dollar, perhaps 15 cents, whatever it would take. You'd see how fast people would protest wasting money like studying the snapping of fingers, or 80 billion on more IRS agents nobody wants, or nearly a half-trillion to give to people with college loans they still owe on, or 4 million for a Michelle Obama trail, or 2 million for an LGABQRSTUV museum.

Actually, we are doing both, along with many other medical advances

No, you're taking money away from other things we should be spending on like saving lives. Why do you want people to die so badly? You're avoiding the question. Remember: this is your game and your rules we're playing by now.

A lot of copy/paste and typing just to further explain to me that this is waste and vote buying. We are 31 trillion in debt and growing. We need to understand snapping?

I have a really strange idea: If we are going to over spend, why not spend on the issues that affect most Americans; issues where money can make a difference besides insuring more Democrat votes?

In another spending forum and I've been saying this all along, and that is we need to put this spending to a stop. The only way to do that is if we actually had to pay for it. I'm for having a new national consumption tax. The tax would be exclusively for deficit spending. All budgets would then be paid for. No more borrowing every again. The rich would pay it, the poor would pay it, and anybody in between would pay it.

If we currently had that (let's say 5 cents on every dollar spent) and they want to pass this pork bill, the consumption tax would increase to 10 cents on the dollar, perhaps 15 cents, whatever it would take. You'd see how fast people would protest wasting money like studying the snapping of fingers, or 80 billion on more IRS agents nobody wants, or nearly a half-trillion to give to people with college loans they still owe on, or 4 million for a Michelle Obama trail, or 2 million for an LGABQRSTUV museum.

But we had no trouble finding $2 trillion for a 20 year excursion in Afghanistan

Always find the money for a good war

But we had no trouble finding $2 trillion for a 20 year excursion in Afghanistan

we were attempting to save lives before your Dear Leader Xiden surrendered to them…now that a woman is being raped and daughter is being denied the ability to get an education by the taliban so that you could learn how to snap..be proud, own it

We suffered the worst domestic attack on this country from Afghanistan. 3,000 people lost their lives. Don't talk about war spending when you have this creep from Ukraine telling us he wants more money and putting on a show by trading flags in front of Congress. No US interests there at all.

We suffered the worst domestic attack on this country from Afghanistan. 3,000 people lost their lives. Don't talk about war spending when you have this creep from Ukraine telling us he wants more money and putting on a show by trading flags in front of Congress. No US interests there at all.

Afghanistan never attacked us, neither did Iraq

Closest answer was Saudi Arabia who we proceeded to flagellate

Afghanistan never attacked us, neither did Iraq

Closest answer was Saudi Arabia who we proceeded to flagellate

Our federal government is charged with the protection of this nation from enemies foreign and domestic. It's in the Constitution. Robotic arms and vote buying is not. You may not agree with the leaders decision on how that's done, but he has the constitutional authority to do so.

Our federal government is charged with the protection of this nation from enemies foreign and domestic. It's in the Constitution. Robotic arms and vote buying is not. You may not agree with the leaders decision on how that's done, but he has the constitutional authority to do so.

Invading Iraq and Afghanistan did not protect us.

But it did create a need for Robotic Arms

Forum List

Back