Sen. Reid on Cattle Battle: "It's not over"

This is also incorrect.

Bundy was supposed to maintain fencing, not BLM. (He also "continually failed to do so", which is why his cattle were spread over 3 times the land he had ever had permits for).

Since the land is supposed to be under the control of the BLM, why was Bundy required to maintain the fencing? BLM has control over land at the Mexican border and maintains fencing there. The real question here is who is to be master! The gov't simply won't allow any defectors from it's edicts.

Since the land is supposed to be under the control of the BLM, why was Bundy required to maintain the fencing?

he is not responsible for it

at times the BLM has contracted with ranchers to provide the labor

but overall it is a BLM responsibility for fencing and noxious weed removal

and such
if I recall correctly, in my research the other day I found out they could.

Since the land is supposed to be under the control of the BLM, why was Bundy required to maintain the fencing? BLM has control over land at the Mexican border and maintains fencing there. The real question here is who is to be master! The gov't simply won't allow any defectors from it's edicts.

Since the land is supposed to be under the control of the BLM, why was Bundy required to maintain the fencing?

and such
if I recall correctly, in my research the other day I found out they could.

you have to have a special waiver if you want to string up some

fencing on public land

a impact study has to be completed

then the government will determine what kind of fencing you

can put up if any

The Chinese solar project by ENN energy was going to be in Laughlin, NV - which is 250 miles from where Bundy's cattle were grazing - and it's entirely a moot point anyway, because that project was cancelled last year.

Nevada Solar Factory Canceled | Photovoltaic (PV) | ReWire | KCET

As to Claim #3, you should take a look at the actual page from the BLM website, rather than listen to what some idiot with a YouTube channel has to say about it. Of course it mentioned Bundy - it was a memo about the removal of his cattle. But nowhere in that memo does the BLM say anything about the solar project (an entirely different solar project from the ENN one that has already been built about 75 miles from where Bundy's cattle were) being the reason that Bundy's cattle were removed.

Well, Jon has it differently, and I tend to believe him, over you, but I'm biased!

in the solar deal

the plant was never to be built on the gold butte area

the plan was to use Gold Butte as an offset area for the damage

the solar plant was to cause in the area that it is to be built in

http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medial...dat/TN_444.pdf

And no one says that the project, once rid of Bundy, wouldn't be reinstated, as it probably would be with so much money at stake, and then we have all those B. Insane Regime SOLAR SUBSIDIES available!!!

The problem is that you're confusing two separate Solar plants - one that actually exists, and one that doesn't.

Gold Butte where Bundy's cattle are is the site for BLM's mitigation plan. This is a big deal worth millions.

Last edited:

and such

Link? Everything I've read says the complete opposite.

I did give you a link, from the BLM website!

yup

Well, Jon has it differently, and I tend to believe him, over you, but I'm biased!

in the solar deal

And no one says that the project, once rid of Bundy, wouldn't be reinstated, as it probably would be with so much money at stake, and then we have all those B. Insane Regime SOLAR SUBSIDIES available!!!

The problem is that you're confusing two separate Solar plants - one that actually exists, and one that doesn't.

Gold Butte where Bundy's cattle are is the site for BLM's mitigation plan. That's fact.

that is a fact

in the solar deal

Gold Butte where Bundy's cattle are is the site for BLM's mitigation plan. That's fact.

What does that mean?

A link that says the BLM are responsible for maintaining fencing on BLM land for grazing?

Where did you post that?

No, it was about fencing at the border which the BLM maintains.

Well, I was asking for a link for the claim that the BLM is responsible for maintaining fences on BLM land.

Since BLM land is adjacent to Mexico and it is responsible for that, why would it not be responsible for other fencing on other BLM properties?

The real problem, is how does the American people LET THE BLM write their own REGULATIONS, that have the IMPACT of LAW, be made up by a bunch of autocrats, that were not elected, and have a specific agenda that simply increases the powers of those currently in power!????

23si1op.jpg

2j630ok.jpg

Last edited:

What does that mean?

In this case mitigation is swapping one safe habitat for turtles with another. The Chinese are using US tax dollars to build solar on what was once a protected habitat. They got permission by pointing to the land where Bundy's cattle are grazing as an alternate safe habitat for the turtles.

It's like the carbon taxes, it's ok to fart if you pay carbon taxes. It's ok to cut down a forest if you plant a forest.

You can't erect fences on govt land. You can't tamper with government fencing on govt land.

Anyone ever heard of the Taylor Grazing Act?
It protects prior grazing rights and is the Law Bundy is standing on.

http://www.blm.gov/wy/st/en/field_of.../taylor.1.html

the main reason he stopped paying the grazing fees

is because BLM was not managing the land

they are supposed to maintain fencing

cattle gates and such and had continually failed to do so

This is also incorrect.

Bundy was supposed to maintain fencing, not BLM. (He also "continually failed to do so", which is why his cattle were spread over 3 times the land he had ever had permits for).

Forum List

Back