Sen. Rockefeller: FCC Should Take FOX News, MSNBC Off Airwaves

Maybe it's because I'm wired differently, but I always thought it curious that Gerald Ford had 2 assassination attempts on him including a women who pointed a large caliber gun at his head, while Nelson Rocky was his VP. Then, after the 2 failed assassination attempts, when he's only longer a 45 caliber bullet away from the Presidency, Rocky dies an embarrassingly public death in the arms of his mistress. I'm not saying Rocky had a hand in the assassination attempts, oh no, but if he did, then his ending the way he did would seem like a nice balance to it.

I'm sure that Mark Lloyd et al at the FCC would love to shut down Fox News.... and if the price is MSNBC going off air, that's a price worth paying to them. Nobody watches MSNBC anyway - and there's a plethora of other media outlets to support the liberal agenda.

"Nudged" much people?

I do wish the left would stop trying to herd the country like fucking sheep.

Good. I would have been surprised by the other answer.

I've noticed that the 24 hour news cycle isn't so much anymore. For the most part, they are into repeats from about 10pm CST. It's been ages, (thankfully), since I've seen them covering breaking stories during inconvenient hours.

You give him to much credit. He stated for the record that he thinks it is bad for the Country and that we would be better off with out them. He is now going to play semantics and claim he does not want the Government to get rid of them.

I stand by what I said. You can imagine what my position is all you want ... it's what you always do.

FOXNews, MSNBC, and the 24 hour news cycle are a big reason why this country is spiraling the drain. The country would be better off without them.

What a total fucking asshole. I've read some seriously stupid things here but how is pumping out news 24/7 a hazard to America?

I will quote myself:

FOXNews and MSNBC have a vested interest in keeping Americans constantly outraged and keeping the partisan divide in this nation as wide as possible.

Clear enough?

Yes, you're a fucking asshole on this topic and I didn't need it clarified.

The NYTimes and the entire LMSM have an agenda also, or didn't you notice

What a total fucking asshole. I've read some seriously stupid things here but how is pumping out news 24/7 a hazard to America?

I will quote myself:

FOXNews and MSNBC have a vested interest in keeping Americans constantly outraged and keeping the partisan divide in this nation as wide as possible.

Clear enough?

So does talk radio the the entire CMSM. It doesn't change my opinion of what the 24 hour cable news stations bring to the table ... garbage.

I will quote myself:

Clear enough?

So does talk radio the the entire CMSM. It doesn't change my opinion of what the 24 hour cable news stations bring to the table ... garbage.

But, I assume you will defend their right to bring that garbage to the table. Right?

But, I assume you will defend their right to bring that garbage to the table. Right?

They certainly have the right to but it doesn't make them right or right for us.

But to answer more directly, if I had a vote to shut them down it would be a "Nay."

They certainly have the right to but it doesn't make them right or right for us.

Us? What? Did someone die and put you in charge of what other people are allowed to watch?

It may come as a shock to you - as a lefty - but.... there is this technology whereby you can change a channel to find a station more suitable to your requirements. Use it. Stop trying to silence those whose opinions you disagree with.

Us? What? Did someone die and put you in charge of what other people are allowed to watch?

It may come as a shock to you - as a lefty - but.... there is this technology whereby you can change a channel to find a station more suitable to your requirements. Use it. Stop trying to silence those whose opinions you disagree with.

Did you read my post earlier in the thread where I said I have long since changed the channel?

And as to your last line please read post #28 and take your foot out of your mouth.

But to answer more directly, if I had a vote to shut them down it would be a "Nay."

Thank you for that small mercy. No one has the right to decide what is 'right' for other people. It's a major problem with the left.... y'all keep forgetting that fundamental issue.

Good. I would have been surprised by the other answer.

I've noticed that the 24 hour news cycle isn't so much anymore. For the most part, they are into repeats from about 10pm CST. It's been ages, (thankfully), since I've seen them covering breaking stories during inconvenient hours.

You give him to much credit. He stated for the record that he thinks it is bad for the Country and that we would be better off with out them. He is now going to play semantics and claim he does not want the Government to get rid of them.
:rolleyes: I think you are bad for the country but have no desire to see the government do away with you.

FOXNews, MSNBC, and the 24 hour news cycle are a big reason why this country is spiraling the drain. The country would be better off without them.

Bullshit. Listen to the man. What he wants is less transpaancey and more secrecy to do "his dirty work". The less we the people know the better of we'll be says he. Bullshit.

Bullshit. Listen to the man. What he wants is less transpaancey and more secrecy to do "his dirty work". The less we the people know the better of we'll be says he. Bullshit.

I didn't watch the video and I don't care what the Senator's reasons are for wanting to shut them down. I have my own reasons for disliking their impact on our nation.

You support complete government control of media?

Why is it liberals, who are obviously communist at heart, always get upset when conservatives point this out? If you don't like Fox, or MSNBC, watch something else. I do.

Does the FCC have jurisdiction over cable stations? They do over broadcast stations, but cable is not using the airways. That is why the quality of programming has gone downhill so much--you can use any language or show anything without the government getting involved. So I don't believe they would have any say over political leaning stations.

In theory they have the same jurisdiction over cable they do over broadcast. They want to take control over the internet, and that certainly has nothing to do with their original charter.

yeah man, cause the American people are to stupid to make up their own minds to be "outraged"..they have to have news channel to tell them to be.
:lol::cuckoo:

You are one naive little girl if you don't think that cable news and the 24 hours news cycle has had a dramatic effect on this country.

Why is that bad? Do you think we were better off when a politician could do something and no one would hear about it for months because news traveled no faster than a walking man?

I'm with Art on this one.

I hate what the 24-hour news cycle and the rise of partisan infotainment on tv, on radio, online and in print has done to both politics and the knowledge level of the average citizen. It's shameful.

But government has no place shutting any of them down. They're a scourge we'll just have to put up with until (and unless) the trend reverses itself and partisan hackery becomes unmarketable.

Now back to your regularly scheduled partisan bickering.

Forum List

Back