Sen. Schumer statement against iran agreement

Won't make a difference. The other countries are not going to back out of the deal.
Lemming
How so a lemming. Schumer's call for a "better deal" is a fiction. There's no other deal and never will be.
A lemming because old-school is suggesting we "follow" just because everyone else is.
The sanctions were from the UN not the US. If we back out of the deal the deal stays in place but we have no influence on it anymore.

Won't make a difference. The other countries are not going to back out of the deal.
Lemming
How so a lemming. Schumer's call for a "better deal" is a fiction. There's no other deal and never will be.
A lemming because old-school is suggesting we "follow" just because everyone else is.
The sanctions were from the UN not the US. If we back out of the deal the deal stays in place but we have no influence on it anymore.
I suppose the unilateral sanctions imposed by the Congress would remain in place, but they'd be meaningless because Iraq can buy or sell anything anywhere else in the world.

Lemming
You do what's right regardless of what influence it brings to bear.

Unless of course you have no principles

Lemming
You do what's right regardless of what influence it brings to bear.

Unless of course you have no principles
In my opinion we did what was right.

rs #1 The senior U.S. senator from New York, Sen. Schumer (D-NY) is beholden to the powerful Jewish segment of the electorate that keeps him in office. If Schumer was sincere about this, and not merely pandering, he could have come out with his position on it when the issue first hit the newspapers.

I agree, I detest Schumer and have opposed him for years.

That said, every poll shows most jews support the deal, so your logic makes no sense. This is where the assholes who are attacking jews as being disloyal have no credibility; if most jews polled support the deal, how can they claim that they are Israel-firsters, disloyal, etc.?

This approach is just another examples of anti-semitism, where jews are treated differently than everyone else.

Forum List

Back