Senate Democrats approve amendment to eliminate free speech

your link doesn't at all say what you say it does - and you linked to beck's site so you know you're really stretching the truth.

I listened to Ted Cruz about 3 weeks ago argue against this freedom killing bill. He was amazingly spot on.

Yeah, how dare the Repubs have a more even playing field over the Dems Unions.
The Dems are not standing for it.

Just more political posturing, they know it will never get the congressional votes needed to submit it to the States. They just want to point to republicans keeping big money in politics all the while taking big money for their own campaigns. Unfortunately there are enough low information voters that might actually believe their ploy.

Last edited:
Just more political posturing, they know it will never get the congressional votes needed to submit it to the States. They just want to point to republicans keeping big money in politics all the while taking big money for their own campaigns. Unfortunately there are enough low information votes that might actually believe their ploy.

I agree with this comment.

the text of the proposed amendment
Udall Constitutional Amendment on Campaign Finance

a pertinent part
SECTION 3.
Nothing in this article shall be construed to grant Congress the power to abridge the freedom of the press.

the sole purpose of the amendment is to reform campaign finance.

Its purpose is to shut up whoever disagrees with whoever is in power, or who is favored by the press, or who is favored by the bureaucracy.

So corporations would be muzzled, businesses would be muzzled, but I'm sure the Obama butt buddy unions, special interest groups, and the public sector unions would be given a pass.

What is the Republican solution to limitless secret corporate campaign financing?

What is the Republican solution to limitless secret corporate campaign financing?

There is no solution needed when there is no problem.

Does GE paying for airtime somehow force you to vote Republican?

Oh wait, GE supports democrats, they will get a pass.....

a pertinent part
SECTION 3.
Nothing in this article shall be construed to grant Congress the power to abridge the freedom of the press.

Its purpose is to shut up whoever disagrees with whoever is in power, or who is favored by the press, or who is favored by the bureaucracy.

So corporations would be muzzled, businesses would be muzzled, but I'm sure the Obama butt buddy unions, special interest groups, and the public sector unions would be given a pass.
or, and i know this is truly crazy, we'd have campaign finance reform just like we did before citizens united.

a pertinent part

or, and i know this is truly crazy, we'd have campaign finance reform just like we did before citizens united.
Well the Supreme Court has been hacking away at the unconstitutional nature of "campaign finance reform" since, I think, Buckley. Rightly so. Another few cases and we'l be back to actual free speech in the political sphere. Kinda like the Founders meant.

Forum List

Back