Senate may change the rules to counter Pelosis childish games.

I say let her keep them. The longer she does, the less serious the whole thing becomes. Meanwhile, Trump's donations keep pouring in. When your enemy is committing suicide, stay out of the way.
Actually, her holding them hurts the democrat party presidential candidates. McConnell isnt worried right now. He knows pelosi is up against a wall. If she stalls too long, the trial will happen during the height of campaign season, taking about 5 candidates off the campaign trail, including 2 high profile candidates.

I would add a Senate Rule that gives the House a finite time period to submit the Articles after passage or the Articles are automatically dismissed. Something like:
"The Articles of Impeachment passed in the House by a majority vote must be submitted to the Senate for trial within 72 hours after passage or said Articles are dismissed, null and void"
My understanding is they will pass a rule "Deeming" the articles transmitted.

I don't see how the senate can "deem" the Articles transmitted if the House did NOT transmit them?? That seems way outside the Senate's lane to me.
My way the Senate just says that if not transmitted timely they are void, and that should pass the constitutionality test.
All the Senate needs to do is just change their rules so that transmission is not necessary. All that is is a senate rule anyway and not a constitutional requirement.

The impeachment articles have been adopted. Where they physically are is irrelevant. When the house adopted the impeachment articles, the Senate can be considered "notified", and get on with their duty.

On another thread they are saying that Mitch will pass a rule that has a trial date, and if the House isn't ready then the Articles are dismissed. WOOHOO!! Nancy got outplayed by Mitch!!

US Contitution: The Senate shall have the SOLE POWER to try ALL IMPEACHMENTS.

No trial, no impeachment.

They cannot un-impeach him. He has been impeached. Furthermore under current rules they can't have a trial with out the House transmitting the articles. If that's what they want to do they have to change the rules of the Senate.
Constitution: The Senate shall have the sole power to try ALL impeachments.

Until it gets to the Senate to try, there is no impeachment.
LOLOL

You're such an imbecile. But you are anusing. As I told you the other day, and McConnell is considering now, it's only Senate rules that are preventing the Senate from starting the trial.

You never learn, do ya dumbfuck. :lmao:

And the far left goes to show they do not know anything beyond their cult propaganda!

They have no idea how things work in government other than what their rich white far left master tell them!

They actually believe the economy is bad because MSNBC tells them so!
Who said the economy is bad? :cuckoo:

You as part of the far left!

They cannot un-impeach him. He has been impeached. Furthermore under current rules they can't have a trial with out the House transmitting the articles. If that's what they want to do they have to change the rules of the Senate.

LOLOL

You're such an imbecile. But you are anusing. As I told you the other day, and McConnell is considering now, it's only Senate rules that are preventing the Senate from starting the trial.

And the far left goes to show they do not know anything beyond their cult propaganda!

They have no idea how things work in government other than what their rich white far left master tell them!

Nah, you're just a rightard. I didn't say that.

LOLOL

Of course you did as part of the far left cult!

LOLOL

Great, quote me then...

There is no Constitutional requirement on how quickly the House must present Articles of Impeachment.

The Articles expire when that Congress expires
The Articles never expire.

Should Pelosi decide to hold the articles of impeachment of Trump, they would expire when the 2021 House convenes. For until the articles are sent to the Senate for trial, they are merely embryonic House papers — inchoate in reality.

Great, quote me then...

No need to do that when you are far left and support things on many threads, but if you want to pretend that no other threads exist, that is on you!

And there is the possibility that The Judge May order The Democrat Senators running for President to abstain from voting.

I say let her keep them. The longer she does, the less serious the whole thing becomes. Meanwhile, Trump's donations keep pouring in. When your enemy is committing suicide, stay out of the way.
Actually, her holding them hurts the democrat party presidential candidates. McConnell isnt worried right now. He knows pelosi is up against a wall. If she stalls too long, the trial will happen during the height of campaign season, taking about 5 candidates off the campaign trail, including 2 high profile candidates.

Last edited:
HR 1 is nothing but a bill. If it gets voted down, it’s as if it never existed.

There is no Constitutional requirement on how quickly the House must present Articles of Impeachment.

Should Pelosi decide to hold the articles of impeachment of Trump, they would expire when the 2021 House convenes. For until the articles are sent to the Senate for trial, they are merely embryonic House papers — inchoate in reality.

Imbecile...

Bill Clinton was impeached by the 105th House but tried by the 106th Senate. The articles did not expire just because the 105th session ended.

Great, quote me then...

No need to do that when you are far left and support things on many threads, but if you want to pretend that no other threads exist, that is on you!
Thanks for admitting you lied when you falsely claimed I said the economy is bad.
thumbsup.gif

Imbecile...

Bill Clinton was impeached by the 105th House but tried by the 106th Senate. The articles did not expire just because the 105th session ended.
They had already been delivered to the Senate.

Oops!

Imbecile...

See how the far left can read and comprehends what is posted!

Might want to reserve such words for yourself!

As Pelosi sits on the articles.

Great, quote me then...

Thanks for admitting you lied when you falsely claimed I said the economy is bad.
thumbsup.gif

Nope! Just showing the far left will always deny reality!

Imbecile...

The Senatd says Impeached Trump remains forever impeached even if they vote to acquit him...

photostudio_1577739169994.jpg

Imbecile...

The Senatd says Impeached Trump remains forever impeached even if they vote to acquit him...

View attachment 298804
Not yet, Moron.

Forum List

Back