Senator: GOP bill would be a 'License to hate'

That should be my right. Do you know that you denigrate the people you defend by calling them "queers"?

If I am the only business of my type in town, there's a good bet that I am in no particular town at all. So I should still be able to control what clientele I allow to enter my establishment.

Ah, but the queers get a pass. See, I'm gay so I can say those things.

It isn't your right and you should learn the laws before you break them.

Oh so you're self depreciating now. Yeah, way to stand up for your mindset. It isn't your right to force your homosexuality on people. Read the law before you comment on it.

No, I'm self empowering now.

How is purchasing flowers for a wedding "forcing homosexuality"?

The law in Washington State is very clear...the florist broke the law of the state.

Selling flowers to grace a same sex wedding is not the equal of selling tomatoes to someone who is gay, is it?
This is the liberal concept of equality.

It is under the law.

The answer is really, to use what freedom you still possess. The florist doesn't sell flowers to gays for their wedding. They refuse to sell wedding arrangements to anyone. But, if you know them, or know someone who can recommend your getting a favor, then you can buy a wedding arrangement that's not available to the public. Drive those businesses underground. Word of mouth only. They will still be as busy. They just won't have to bother with incessant demands to do what they don't want to do.

But that wasn't the case here was it? If the florist didn't do weddings at all, there would be no lawsuit because there would be no discrimination. She refused this couple and this couple only and under Washington state law, she committed a crime.

That's the answer. Stop public service. The business won't suffer any loss of business. There will be plenty of couples contacting them for florist services for weddings.

What public service does a florist do? In Washington state, the florist broke the law by singling gay people out for discrimination. It has nothing to do with "public service".

Ah, but the queers get a pass. See, I'm gay so I can say those things.

It isn't your right and you should learn the laws before you break them.

Oh so you're self depreciating now. Yeah, way to stand up for your mindset. It isn't your right to force your homosexuality on people. Read the law before you comment on it.

No, I'm self empowering now.

How is purchasing flowers for a wedding "forcing homosexuality"?

The law in Washington State is very clear...the florist broke the law of the state.

By calling yourself a queer? Isn't that like a black teenager saying to his black friend, "whathap niggah!?"

Yes, the State. The state gets to control everything. I don't get to control my own business. Not one iota of it. I cannot control cash flow, or clientele. There isn't a time where the government isn't breathing down my neck with some new regulation or law.

Sure, just like you are relegating your status of as a person to a government that doesn't give a damn about you. Wonderful. How is this fact resulting in your "self empowerment"?

I don't have time for this.

It is under the law.

But that wasn't the case here was it? If the florist didn't do weddings at all, there would be no lawsuit because there would be no discrimination. She refused this couple and this couple only and under Washington state law, she committed a crime.

That's the answer. Stop public service. The business won't suffer any loss of business. There will be plenty of couples contacting them for florist services for weddings.

What public service does a florist do? In Washington state, the florist broke the law by singling gay people out for discrimination. It has nothing to do with "public service".

I guess Wash. State won't be happy until all its residents are depraved individuals.

More GOP homophobia.

OLYMPIA, Wash. - A bill in the state Legislature to allow business owners to refuse services for same-sex couples would give them a “license to hate,” according to one Senator. But the bill’s sponsor says it protects religious freedoms.

“This is a bill that allows bigotry,” said Sen. Kevin Ranker, D-Orcas Island.

The state of Washington is suing a florist in Richland for refusing to provide flowers for a same-sex wedding. The owner said her religious beliefs prevented her from serving the couple.

Senate Bill 5927 would allow business owners to “deny services” based on an owner’s “religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs or matters of conscience.”

Sorry, folks, homosexuals are a protected class. FAIL :(

Is this part of the "re-branding" effort for the GOP? Writing Homophobic bills in a blue state?

I don't have any problem with private businesses being allowed to discriminate against any group of people by refusing to serve them. Of course, I also have no problem with them being called out publically for that and reaping the consequences either.

Wow, we agree!

Is there a sissie network on the left that monitors every bill in every single state legislature that pertains to homosexuals and everything said about it by every state senator? Wait until the bill gets out of committee or voted on before you get your panties in a twist.

More GOP homophobia.

Sorry, folks, homosexuals are a protected class. FAIL :(

Is this part of the "re-branding" effort for the GOP? Writing Homophobic bills in a blue state?

While I don't condone discriminating against gays, a business owner should be able to refuse service to who ever they want for what ever reason, that is, assuming you believe in the concept of freedom.

I don't believe in that concept of freedom.

That's because you're an oppressive, authoritarian pig.

While I don't condone discriminating against gays, a business owner should be able to refuse service to who ever they want for what ever reason, that is, assuming you believe in the concept of freedom.

I don't believe in that concept of freedom. Businesses that are open to the public must be open to everyone, or they can be free to shut down and let someone with a more modern worldview do it instead.

You believe in the concept of freedom that says "You are free to do whatever you are told and that's the extent of your freedom."

You want to re-allow business to discriminate by race. Rand Paul spoke wistfully of the Jim Crow days, because Conservatives miss being able to go in public without blacks around. Don't bother insisting otherwise. No one will believe you.

Forum List

Back