Senator Kennedy Colluded With Moscow, and CNN Doesn't Care

"In 1983, Kennedy reached out to Soviet leader Yuri Andropov and made an offer. Kennedy’s offer was worse than anything Trump was ever falsely accused of by Democrats.

Kennedy communicated that he could ensure that the three American television networks would give Andropov a prime-time slot to speak directly to the American people to counter Reagan’s foreign policies and Reagan’s framing of the USSR as a sinister regime.

Naturally, an American population more inclined toward the Soviet cause would undermine the incumbent American president ahead of his 1984 reelection. If the Soviets weren’t so bad, then why risk war over a few missiles that nobody seemed to want anyhow?

Kennedy would continue to oppose Reagan’s tough line at home against the Soviets and arrange for American TV time for Andropov. In exchange, the Soviets would undermine Reagan in prime time and echo Kennedy’s foreign policy talking points."

Senator Ted Kennedy Colluded With Communists in Moscow, and CNN Doesn't Care

You fucking idiots. You're being played.

Before I bother pointing out the stupidity of your complaint, I'm going to first demand the story from a reputable source before I give it any credence.

Uh, do you know how Kennedy's offer was discovered? Have you read anything on this? Let me guess: Since you only read liberal sources, this is all news to you, right?

It is just amazing that liberals have never heard of this before. Why? Because their liberal sources have ignored it. Now, they're demanding a "credible source" for this information, which was revealed some years ago. Is Forbes a credible source? This Forbes article gives a good summary of the documentary evidence relating to this event:

Ted Kennedy's Soviet Gambit

"In 1983, Kennedy reached out to Soviet leader Yuri Andropov and made an offer. Kennedy’s offer was worse than anything Trump was ever falsely accused of by Democrats.

Kennedy communicated that he could ensure that the three American television networks would give Andropov a prime-time slot to speak directly to the American people to counter Reagan’s foreign policies and Reagan’s framing of the USSR as a sinister regime.

Naturally, an American population more inclined toward the Soviet cause would undermine the incumbent American president ahead of his 1984 reelection. If the Soviets weren’t so bad, then why risk war over a few missiles that nobody seemed to want anyhow?

Kennedy would continue to oppose Reagan’s tough line at home against the Soviets and arrange for American TV time for Andropov. In exchange, the Soviets would undermine Reagan in prime time and echo Kennedy’s foreign policy talking points."

Kennedy is dead why should they care?
Regan is dead and liberals still bring him up.

From Forbes magazine:

Picking his way through the Soviet archives that Boris Yeltsin had just thrown open, in 1991 Tim Sebastian, a reporter for the London Times, came across an arresting memorandum. Composed in 1983 by Victor Chebrikov, the top man at the KGB, the memorandum was addressed to Yuri Andropov, the top man in the entire USSR. The subject: Sen. Edward Kennedy.

"On 9-10 May of this year," the May 14 memorandum explained, "Sen. Edward Kennedy's close friend and trusted confidant [John] Tunney was in Moscow." (Tunney was Kennedy's law school roommate and a former Democratic senator from California.) "The senator charged Tunney to convey the following message, through confidential contacts, to the General Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, Y. Andropov."

Kennedy's message was simple. He proposed an unabashed quid pro quo. Kennedy would lend Andropov a hand in dealing with President Reagan. In return, the Soviet leader would lend the Democratic Party a hand in challenging Reagan in the 1984 presidential election. "The only real potential threats to Reagan are problems of war and peace and Soviet-American relations," the memorandum stated. "These issues, according to the senator, will without a doubt become the most important of the election campaign."

Kennedy made Andropov a couple of specific offers.

First he offered to visit Moscow. "The main purpose of the meeting, according to the senator, would be to arm Soviet officials with explanations regarding problems of nuclear disarmament so they may be better prepared and more convincing during appearances in the USA." Kennedy would help the Soviets deal with Reagan by telling them how to brush up their propaganda.

Then he offered to make it possible for Andropov to sit down for a few interviews on American television. "A direct appeal ... to the American people will, without a doubt, attract a great deal of attention and interest in the country. ... If the proposal is recognized as worthy, then Kennedy and his friends will bring about suitable steps to have representatives of the largest television companies in the USA contact Y.V. Andropov for an invitation to Moscow for the interviews. ... The senator underlined the importance that this initiative should be seen as coming from the American side."

Kennedy would make certain the networks gave Andropov air time--and that they rigged the arrangement to look like honest journalism.

Kennedy's motives? "Like other rational people," the memorandum explained, "[Kennedy] is very troubled by the current state of Soviet-American relations." But that high-minded concern represented only one of Kennedy's motives.

"Tunney remarked that the senator wants to run for president in 1988," the memorandum continued. "Kennedy does not discount that during the 1984 campaign, the Democratic Party may officially turn to him to lead the fight against the Republicans and elect their candidate president."

Kennedy proved eager to deal with Andropov--the leader of the Soviet Union, a former director of the KGB and a principal mover in both the crushing of the 1956 Hungarian Revolution and the suppression of the 1968 Prague Spring--at least in part to advance his own political prospects.

In 1992, Tim Sebastian published a story about the memorandum in the London Times. Here in the U.S., Sebastian's story received no attention. In his 2006 book, The Crusader: Ronald Reagan and the Fall of Communism, historian Paul Kengor reprinted the memorandum in full. "The media," Kengor says, "ignored the revelation."

"The document," Kengor continues, "has stood the test of time. I scrutinized it more carefully than anything I've ever dealt with as a scholar. I showed the document to numerous authorities who deal with Soviet archival material. No one has debunked the memorandum or shown it to be a forgery. Kennedy's office did not deny it."

lol

Conservatives are as ridiculous as they are desperate.

Before I bother pointing out the stupidity of your complaint, I'm going to first demand the story from a reputable source before I give it any credence.

I don't really care whether you give it any credence or not.

Uh, do you know how Kennedy's offer was discovered? Have you read anything on this? Let me guess: Since you only read liberal sources, this is all news to you, right?

No, I haven't really read anything on it. But I'm certainly not going to read it from some valueless rag like PJ Media. Hey, thanks for posting the link to Forbes.

You think CNN should care about a dead senator who colluded with Russia in 1983?! What would you like to see them do?

And you think we are the dumb ones? Look in the mirror man
Congrats. You get a A+ in missing the point, dipshit.
Then explain it to me
Why would I waste a nanosecond enlightening a partisan hack like you?
You shouldn’t because you’d just sound like a fool. I understand why you’d rather avoid instead of engage. Thanks for playing

You think CNN should care about a dead senator who colluded with Russia in 1983?! What would you like to see them do?

Then explain it to me
You shouldn’t because you’d just sound like a fool. I understand why you’d rather avoid instead of engage. Thanks for playing
LOL...sayeth the fool.
Proceed. Please!!,

Then explain it to me
LOL...sayeth the fool.
Proceed. Please!!,
You can call me a fool all you want but you keep proving my point every time you avoid the subject to try and do the personal attacks on me. If you were smart and confident in your argument then you would defend it and make me look stupid through debate. The fact that you can’t engage says it all.

Really hes dead wtf is wrong with you people
why should CCN even waste their time on a story like that
Should John Wayne's name be removed from airport? - CNN Video

https://www.cnn.com/videos/.../should-john-waynes-name-be-removed-from-airport.cnn

Mar 2, 2019 - An LA Times columnist on his piece advocating removal of John Wayne's name from a California airport because of offensive quotes to Playboy ...
Missing: condemns ‎| ‎Must include: ‎condemns
Outrage after actor's decades-old interview resurfaces - CNN Video

https://www.cnn.com/.../john-wayne-airport-playboy-interview-ethan-wayne-smerconish...

Mar 2, 2019 - Ethan Wayne, son of actor John Wayne, reacts to calls to remove his father's name from John Wayne Airport after inflammatory quotes ...
Missing: condemns ‎| ‎Must include: ‎condemns
CNN on Twitter: "Actor John Wayne's son defended his father amid ...

https://twitter.com/cnn/status/1101942019096829953?lang=en

Mar 2, 2019 - Actor John Wayne's son defended his father amid calls to remove the icon's ..... I'm all for condemning racist shit, but let's not go revising things ...
CNN - John Wayne's son defended his father amid calls to... | Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/cnn/posts/10159263446506509?comment_id...
John Wayne's son defended his father amid calls to remove the movie icon's ... after controversial quotes from a 1971 interview resurfaced. John Wayne's son defends his father over inflammatory remarks in 1970s interview - CNN ..... If we persist in judging everybody by the past most would be condemned.

wait look over there ..Their goes a statue of Thomas Jefferson ....which will be replaced by weezey

MV5BMjA2Nzc1Mzc5OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODc4NzM2._V1_.jpg

Well at least we know the White Whale could swim. Even drunk, which was his typical state.

Then explain it to me
LOL...sayeth the fool.
Proceed. Please!!,
You can call me a fool all you want but you keep proving my point every time you avoid the subject to try and do the personal attacks on me. If you were smart and confident in your argument then you would defend it and make me look stupid through debate. The fact that you can’t engage says it all.
Ouch, that hurt.

But I’ll get over it. At least I hope so.

Then explain it to me
LOL...sayeth the fool.
Proceed. Please!!,
Ouch, that hurt.

But I’ll get over it. At least I hope so.
Not my intent to hurt. Sorry if I upset you

I know for an absolute fact that you are the dumb ones. Actually you're well beyond dumb, you're stupid tools.
Wow, that was a really good diss... you got me, I guess I cant argue with that. Now did you want to get back to the subject and make a point that actually means something or is calling me dumb all you’ve got?

No, I haven't really read anything on it. But I'm certainly not going to read it from some valueless rag like PJ Media. Hey, thanks for posting the link to Forbes.

The truth is the truth no matter where you source it from child, time to put your big boy pants on.

upload_2019-4-28_17-16-34.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-28_17-16-34.jpeg
    1.9 KB · Views: 17

Forum List

Back