Senator Lindsey Graham explains why he needs an AR-15 civilian rifle...

I Agree with the Senator.If there is a black out, or Hurricane, or some other natural or unnatural disaster, an AR-15 will be a good deterrent to looters and the criminal minded in the society.There are terrorists armed with fully automatic AK-47 assault rifles waiting attack Americans. We need assault rifles in America.

Paranoid ^^^; must be a pity to feel so scared all the time.

Never in history did a homeowner need quick changing 100 round mags after a natural disaster, but that never stops Repubtards from inventing strawmen!!!

Fixed 15 round mags reloading 1 at a time is all anyone ever needed!
Lol
Someone else’s firearm ownership is none of your fucking business you fucking cowardly piece of shit
Sure is when that firearm is used to massacre innocent children

And what percentage of the 20 million AR 15 rifles in the hands of the public are ever used to do that?

I Agree with the Senator.If there is a black out, or Hurricane, or some other natural or unnatural disaster, an AR-15 will be a good deterrent to looters and the criminal minded in the society.There are terrorists armed with fully automatic AK-47 assault rifles waiting attack Americans. We need assault rifles in America.

People who think a 99.997% chance of not being murdered by a gun means that they are not safe enough are the scared and paranoid ones

People who think a 99.997% chance of not being murdered by a gun means that they are not safe enough are the scared and paranoid ones

This is the same argument many who argue to carry use.

Being prepared is not the same as being paranoid and afraid.

I also carry a kit in my car with various items in case I break down or so I can be of aid to someone else if their car breaks down

Is that paranoid or fearful?

I have several fire extinguishers in my home

I also carry a kit in my car with various items in case I break down or so I can be of aid to someone else if their car breaks down

The odds of you ever needing a gun is extremely low. The odds of being killed by a gun are extremely low.

Same argument.

The odds of you ever needing a gun is extremely low. The odds of being killed by a gun are extremely low.

Same argument.

The odds of me breaking down are extremely low because I take excellent care of my cars
The odds of my house burning down are extremely low as well

I don't carry because I am I'm afraid I'm going to get shot and killed I carry because I know from experience that there are violent people in the world and those people do not necessarily need a gun to inflict great harm on innocent people.

Same argument.

The odds of me breaking down are extremely low because I take excellent care of my cars

I don't carry because I am I'm afraid I'm going to get shot and killed I carry because I know from experience that there are violent people in the world and those people do not necessarily need a gun to inflict great harm on innocent people.

You condemned people for being concerned over something that has a very low chance of happening. You are doing the same.

They simply want to address that extremely low risk differently than you.

Same argument.

You condemned people for being concerned over something that has a very low chance of happening. You are doing the same.

I just said I am not concerned about being murdered by a person with a gun.
You do realize that you can be the victim of a violent crime that does not involve a gun don't you?

Committed crimes in the U.S. in 2017, by type of crime | Statista

The chance of being the victim of a crime is far greater than the chance of being murdered by a person with a gun.

I have been the victim of a violent crime. When i was 18 I was jumped by 3 thugs and wound up in the hospital with cracked ribs, a fractured eye orbital, a severe concussion and a lacerated spleen that had to be removed.

There was no gun involved. And I obviously wasn't murdered.

So no I don't worry that I will be murdered by a person using a gun but I know that people without guns can still commit violent crimes

Same argument.

You do realize that you can be the victim of a violent crime that does not involve a gun don't you?

The chance of being the victim of a crime is far greater than the chance of being murdered by a person with a gun.

I have been the victim of a violent crime. When i was 18 I was jumped by 3 thugs and wound up in the hospital with cracked ribs, a fractured eye orbital, a severe concussion and a lacerated spleen that had to be removed.

So no I don't worry that I will be murdered by a person using a gun but I know that people without guns can still commit violent crimes

So you are concerned. Those you condemn are concerned. You can argue their response to that concern but it's hypocritical to condemn them for being concerned.

Right up until the time you're staring down the barrel of a gun and you realize that by the time the police show up, all they'll need is a mop and a body bag.

What fear? They have a gun, the fear vanishes.

Same argument.

And had you simply shown that you had a gun, you likely wouldn't have been harmed at all, or needed to shoot anyone.

Same argument.

So you are concerned. Those you condemn are concerned. You can argue their response to that concern but it's hypocritical to condemn them for being concerned.

I'm not condemning anyone

I am saying that these people who say the only reason they want more gun laws is they are afraid of being murdered by a person with a gun are focusing on the least likely of scenarios

They make no mention of other violent crimes that are committed in far greater frequency and seem to think violent crimes that don't involve guns and murder don't exist.

I support gun ownership not because I think I am going to get murdered by a person with a gun but because I know there may be a time where I need to protect myself from being the victim of a crime. And the time I needed a to carry a concealed weapon to prevent such a crime I wasn't old enough to get a CCW permit or buy a handgun.

Same argument.

And had you simply shown that you had a gun, you likely wouldn't have been harmed at all, or needed to shoot anyone.
Correct but I was 18 and couldn't legally purchase a handgun

Graham is wrong on a lot of things, Red Flag Laws for one, but he explains the need for AR-15 civilian and police rifles really well...

Lindsey Graham Politely Explains to Idiot Reporters Why He needs an AR-15

A favorite question that the anti-gun crowd likes to ask is "Why does anyone need an AR-15?" Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) has a very practical answer to that, which he offered to reporters on Friday.

The New York Post:

Sen. Lindsey Graham knocked down the idea of banning semi-automatic weapons nearly identical to those used by soldiers on the off chance a hurricane slams into his South Carolina town.

“Here’s a scenario that I think is real: There’s a hurricane, a natural disaster, no power, no cops, no anything,” the Republican lawmaker told reporters aboard Air Force One.

A reporter asked if he meant looters.

“Yeah, people, they’re not going to come to the AR-15 home,” Graham responded. “Well, I think if you show up on the porch with an AR-15, they’ll probably go down the street.”

That's a very sound point. No matter where you live, you can come up with a legitimate argument for owning an AR-15 for self-defense. Of course, no one ever wants to be in a situation where they have to, but the peace of mind is a gift.

Although he can occasionally be a firebrand, Graham is still a United States senator and was flying with the president on Air Force One when asked about this. He remained very decorous and didn't offer the answer that a regular, law-abiding gun owner might.

I sleep with a loaded Beretta on my nightstand and was once asked why.

"Because I (expletive deleted) want to."

That's really the only answer anyone needs in response to being asked why he or she is doing something perfectly legal that isn't harming anyone else.

My dad (may he rest in peace) had a more polite, but still intentionally obnoxious, response when someone once asked him why he slept with a gun next to his bed:

"Where do you keep yours?"

Have I ever had to use a gun for self-defense? Thankfully, no. And I hope I never have to.

I am not, however, obligated to explain to anyone why I would prefer not to be killed.

I live in an area with tornadoes....same concept.... and store owners in democrat cities always have to look out for Black lives matter inspired riots and looting...that is if they don't want their businesses looted then burnt to the ground.....or like New York, having al sharpton inciting a riot that gets your business burnt to the ground...

The AR-15 civilian and police rifle is a nice way to tell democrat looters...move along asshole...
I really hate when someone picks one gun over another. Some people especially women are excellent shots with an AR some are not, some people are better shots with a pistol and some are better shots with a revolver. But I understand where Graham is coming from

So do I. He's on his way to cash his NRA check and had to stop to earn it otherwise they would put a stop payment on the check.
If you’re really concerned about campaign cash and lobbying, get informed. I suspect you are not and just like to flame stupid shit the MSM tells you. The NRA is not a big player.

Lobbying’s top 50: Who’s spending big

Another "Hey, look over there" routine. And your list does look look like the top list of contributors to the Republicans. President Truman was right.

But that doesn't change the fact that the NRA is still a high dollar contributor to Graham and others.
Gun Owners of America | The only no compromise gun lobby in Washington
They don't represent me.

I really hate when someone picks one gun over another. Some people especially women are excellent shots with an AR some are not, some people are better shots with a pistol and some are better shots with a revolver. But I understand where Graham is coming from

So do I. He's on his way to cash his NRA check and had to stop to earn it otherwise they would put a stop payment on the check.
If you’re really concerned about campaign cash and lobbying, get informed. I suspect you are not and just like to flame stupid shit the MSM tells you. The NRA is not a big player.

Lobbying’s top 50: Who’s spending big

Another "Hey, look over there" routine. And your list does look look like the top list of contributors to the Republicans. President Truman was right.

But that doesn't change the fact that the NRA is still a high dollar contributor to Graham and others.
Gun Owners of America | The only no compromise gun lobby in Washington
They don't represent me.
And not one democrat and almost no republican politicians represent me

Same argument.

I'm not condemning anyone

I am saying that these people who say the only reason they want more gun laws is they are afraid of being murdered by a person with a gun are focusing on the least likely of scenarios

I see you as focusing on the same. You say it's slightly different, OK but it's still a very low percentage thing.

They make no mention of other violent crimes that are committed in far greater frequency and seem to think violent crimes that don't involve guns and murder don't exist.

I support gun ownership not because I think I am going to get murdered by a person with a gun but because I know there may be a time where I need to protect myself from being the victim of a crime. And the time I needed a to carry a concealed weapon to prevent such a crime I wasn't old enough to get a CCW permit or buy a handgun.

You think more guns are reasonable, they think less are. Just a difference of opinion with you having the Constitution on your side. I support your right to carry. I think your concern is overblown BUT it's your concern. I think the other argument is not realistic but it's all based upon a very small risk.

I have 29 AR-15s.

Why do I have them?

1. I enjoy collecting and building them.

2. I enjoy shooting them.

3. Although it is unlikely I have them available for self defense.

4. Although it is unlikely I have them available for "the security of a free state" as the Founding Fathers of this nation envisioned.

Never in history did a homeowner need quick changing 100 round mags after a natural disaster, but that never stops Repubtards from inventing strawmen!!!

Fixed 15 round mags reloading 1 at a time is all anyone ever needed!
Lol
Someone else’s firearm ownership is none of your fucking business you fucking cowardly piece of shit
Sure is when that firearm is used to massacre innocent children

And what percentage of the 20 million AR 15 rifles in the hands of the public are ever used to do that?
Too damned many

Forum List

Back