🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Senator Sanders introduces bill to make public college free

With today's technology, every college course can be on a DVD. People can study at their own pace and take tests at testing centers that require ID. College is great for the partying, coeds, networking, but a complete waste of time and money otherwise. Same for Public School K-12. Classroom time is a complete waste of time.

With all of the complaints about sexual assaults on college and university campi, there is more than just the economic part to make DVD's and internet study the new standard.

The social aspect and competition are just as important; DVD's and internet research is important and very useful, sure, but interacting with others at young ages is just as important to growing up and maturation emotionally. I agree the current school systems are major failures, but that is entirely due to how these schools are administered, and that can be changed. In the meantime, yes, what you say is probably the best alternative in the meantime. The home-schooling curriculum for the younger grade levels is very reasonably priced to boot, compared to the rip offs public school costs are; it's a matter of how much time parents have to available to spend on it. Failing that, people can organize their own groups and divide the time up among several parents, meeting in each other's houses or the local libraries or City halls for that matter a time or two a week. There are a lot of options and flexibility here for those committed to it. As for the parents who don't give a crap, nothing can be done about that currently, nothing pleasant, anyway. Nothing is going to be 100%, never is and never will be.

I don't care if its only $1 its MY money understand. God you people are screwed up in the head.

And you want to spend it on a wall and I want to spend it on Americans. But yeah I'm the screwed up one.

Radical thought. How about we let everybody spend their own money as they see fit.

Who is going to be paying for the free college? If someone else is picking up the bill then it's not really free.
Same people that pay for foreign aid,endless war,welfare for negro's to spit out 10 kids. WE THE TAXPAYER! But at least for freaking ONCE its something that will benefit the country NOT just a select few elitists who NEED endless war to stay rich.
Then let's please call it what it is taxpayer funded college not free college.

Who is going to be paying for the free college? If someone else is picking up the bill then it's not really free.
Same people that pay for foreign aid,endless war,welfare for negro's to spit out 10 kids. WE THE TAXPAYER! But at least for freaking ONCE its something that will benefit the country NOT just a select few elitists who NEED endless war to stay rich.
I can agree to that. NOTHING is free and its dumb to say it is. People MIGHT be more open to know their taxes would go to college and not war....but only a really uninformed or dumb person would think shit is free.

I can agree to that. NOTHING is free and its dumb to say it is. People MIGHT be more open to know their taxes would go to college and not war....but only a really uninformed or dumb person would think shit is free.
We have a lot of uninformed and dumb people in this country who will seemingly believe anything.

When will the left feel ashamed over their attempts to mooch off me and those who work for a living? Why is it my responsibility to work overtime to pay my lazy neighbors bills? Why can my neighbor choose to have 6 freaking kids then stick me with their bills?

It's unfortunate that your life has turned out as shitty as it has. If you think a few dollars out of your paycheck in order to help support fellow Americans is the end of the world than perhaps you're one of those people who needs assistance too.
The problem with this nonsense is that you bought into the misleading information. I call that Stockholm syndrome.

A few dollars from My paycheck for this program.....a few for that program.....a couple for..oh yeah, want to do this too.....It is called 'incrementalism' and by the time you people are done with 'a few dollars out of My paycheck' for all your little phobia's and insecurities, I'm out 60 to 70%.

That is not insignificant.

So, go peddle your nonsense to your echo chamber.

You're giving 70% of your check to taxes? You either have the worlds worst accountant or you're a liar. Which is it?
Are you so cavalier with your money that you don't know the exact amount of taxes you pay?

I'm not talking about JUST income tax, but all the other taxes that also accumulate on top of the income tax.

The whole point for those who know how to comprehend what they read, of course, is that the argument of 'a few dollars out of your paycheck' is a lie.

It is a few dollars for each of the hundreds of pet projects such as so-called free higher education. If you don't think that is all adds up, then I submit you don't think.

So why don't you tell me how you end up paying 70% in taxes. Since you are so in tune with where your money goes.

The problem is you have no clue and you pulled that number out of your ass to try to make your pathetic argument look like it has some substance.

But when in your response to this post you don't show how you pay anywhere close to 70%, everyone else will get to see how full of shit you are.

Annnnnnd go!
I have no clue? I don't see you saying that we don't pay these taxes. Your attempt to deflect is noted.

I'll tell you what. You save every receipt for every single purchase you make for the month of April. No matter how insignificant the purchase. At the end of the month, you add up all of those taxes, then combine them with the taxes you pay to your city, state, and finally, the federal government.

Then add up any and all 'fees' you've been charged for services such as your cable, your phone, your tire purchases, etc., and add that to the taxes you have paid and then get back to Me with that result.

Meanwhile, how about you take a crack at the notion that 'a few dollars from my paycheck' when added up over a couple of hundred programs that allegedly make our society better, isn't a significant amount.

It's unfortunate that your life has turned out as shitty as it has. If you think a few dollars out of your paycheck in order to help support fellow Americans is the end of the world than perhaps you're one of those people who needs assistance too.
The problem with this nonsense is that you bought into the misleading information. I call that Stockholm syndrome.

A few dollars from My paycheck for this program.....a few for that program.....a couple for..oh yeah, want to do this too.....It is called 'incrementalism' and by the time you people are done with 'a few dollars out of My paycheck' for all your little phobia's and insecurities, I'm out 60 to 70%.

You're giving 70% of your check to taxes? You either have the worlds worst accountant or you're a liar. Which is it?
Are you so cavalier with your money that you don't know the exact amount of taxes you pay?

I'm not talking about JUST income tax, but all the other taxes that also accumulate on top of the income tax.

The whole point for those who know how to comprehend what they read, of course, is that the argument of 'a few dollars out of your paycheck' is a lie.

It is a few dollars for each of the hundreds of pet projects such as so-called free higher education. If you don't think that is all adds up, then I submit you don't think.

So why don't you tell me how you end up paying 70% in taxes. Since you are so in tune with where your money goes.

The problem is you have no clue and you pulled that number out of your ass to try to make your pathetic argument look like it has some substance.

But when in your response to this post you don't show how you pay anywhere close to 70%, everyone else will get to see how full of shit you are.

Annnnnnd go!
I have no clue? I don't see you saying that we don't pay these taxes. Your attempt to deflect is noted.

I'll tell you what. You save every receipt for every single purchase you make for the month of April. No matter how insignificant the purchase. At the end of the month, you add up all of those taxes, then combine them with the taxes you pay to your city, state, and finally, the federal government.

Then add up any and all 'fees' you've been charged for services such as you cable, your phone, your tire purchases and add that to the taxes you have paid and then get back to Me with that result.

Meanwhile, how about you take a crack at the notion that 'a few dollars from my paycheck' when added up over a couple of hundred programs that allegedly make our society better, isn't a significant amount.

hahahahahahahahahahaha. Thanks for proving my point turnip.

70% he says. Holy fuck you're actually allowed to vote and drive a motor vehicle.

Annnnnnd go!

Then add up any and all 'fees' you've been charged for services such as you cable, your phone, your tire purchases and add that to the taxes you have paid and then get back to Me with that result.

70% he says. Holy fuck you're actually allowed to vote and drive a motor vehicle.
Run away little idiot.

Annnnnnd go!

Then add up any and all 'fees' you've been charged for services such as your cable, your phone, your tire purchases, etc., and add that to the taxes you have paid and then get back to Me with that result.

Bottom line, these mooching losers want government to steal my money and give it to them so they can sit on their ass in a drug/alcohol stupor and sponge off us.

Annnnnnd go!

Bottom line, these mooching losers want government to steal my money and give it to them so they can sit on their ass in a drug/alcohol stupor and sponge off us.
It is a process by where they never left childhood. Children are naturally lazy and you have to motivate them. Sometimes (almost always in the case of people who think government should do that, whatever that turns out to be) they never leave childhood for mature adulthood.

They think things like, "Hey, we need to help the poor" but then say, "Why do I have to do that when we can just take a few dollars from everyone and have the government do it. That way, I don't have to waste my time with the unwashed poor, they have disease you know.

They also think things like, "Why should I have to be bothered with a job when this country is so rich that they can afford to feed me without my having to stress myself, and hey, its only a few dollars from everyones paycheck."

Then they think things like, "I sure want a great career, and I've been told that the only meaningful career is one I get from an advanced degree, but I don't want to have to pay for that so hey, it is just a few dollars from everyones paycheck and I can go on to a fantastic career without being burdened by debt!"

When they get that fantastic career, they then cry, "Hey, I'm not rich like that guy over there so why should I have to pay when he isn't paying for the privledge of being rich!".

And on and on it goes.

Annnnnnd go!

It is a process by where they never left childhood. Children are naturally lazy and you have to motivate them. Sometimes (almost always in the case of people who think government should do that, whatever that turns out to be) they never leave childhood for mature adulthood.

They think things like, "Hey, we need to help the poor" but then say, "Why do I have to do that when we can just take a few dollars from everyone and have the government do it. That way, I don't have to waste my time with the unwashed poor, they have disease you know.

They also think things like, "Why should I have to be bothered with a job when this country is so rich that they can afford to feed me without my having to stress myself, and hey, its only a few dollars from everyones paycheck."

Then they think things like, "I sure want a great career, and I've been told that the only meaningful career is one I get from an advanced degree, but I don't want to have to pay for that so hey, it is just a few dollars from everyones paycheck and I can go on to a fantastic career without being burdened by debt!"

When they get that fantastic career, they then cry, "Hey, I'm not rich like that guy over there so why should I have to pay when he isn't paying for the privledge of being rich!".

And on and on it goes.

I have no problem assisting the truly needy, handicapped, those who truly are unable to take care of themselves due to illness or disability. I have a real problem with able bodied lazy fat ass losers who refuse to work a job, choose drugs and alcohol, make stupid decisions like having 6 or 8 kids, they are not my responsibility.

Annnnnnd go!

And on and on it goes.

I have no problem assisting the truly needy, handicapped, those who truly are unable to take care of themselves due to illness or disability. I have a real problem with able bodied lazy fat ass losers who refuse to work a job, choose drugs and alcohol, make stupid decisions like having 6 or 8 kids, they are not my responsibility.
Yep. I regularly help the needy and volunteer time for those who need it as well. Of course, I'm probably getting taxed for that. I'll have to add it to the April list of taxes in addition to those taken from my paycheck. After all, we can't have untaxed selfless effort to the needy!

Annnnnnd go!

Run away little idiot.

Why not claim 80%, hell 110% since you're making up numbers anyway, what's the difference?

Annnnnnd go!

And on and on it goes.

I agree with you. So why not suggest legislation that does just that?

Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren join forces to make college free

As ANY sane country would want and MANY in Europe HAVE done. Its idiotic to PUNISH people to want to be educated....in due time...it will happen.

Anybody has the ability to get an advanced education, it's just that you have to pay for it.

We are a country of 20 trillion in debt. I would love to see a lot of "free" things, but my country cannot afford it.

If you think "A Wall" is something we should be spending money on, I really don't think you have any business telling us all about our debt and what we can afford.

At least a wall is an investment even if it only saves one American life. Even if we pay for every foot of that wall, the savings it will produce will offset the cost in just a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

And what savings are those exactly? I'd love to hear these details.

When I get home I'll detail it for you. But for now, I'll tell you that billions of dollars cross that border. They come here, make money, and send that money back home. In the meantime, Americans lose billions a year because of lower wages caused by immigrants. Then add all the border control needed, all the costs for processing these foreign criminals, welfare going to their children that they had here, it's easy to see the advantage and savings of having that wall.

Others suffer other financial losses. My cousin spent 7K to bury her son from an overdose about a year and a half ago. It adds up pretty quick.

There's no such thing as free, I'm not paying your kids damn college bills moochers. Get a second job, pay your own goddamn bills.
Would be great if you would get as angry about kids wanting to be educated as you SHOULD be with our taxes going to foreign aid,endless war etc. I know you won't be because well that's CONservatives for ya.

Christ, look YOUR kids are not my financial responsibility you mooching libwit.
Like I said. No problem paying for EVERYONE'S kids going to die for oil but you do have a problem with ALL kids getting educated....more of that CONservative common sense.

Everybody uses oil. Oil is the lifeblood of our country and economy. Whether you love it or hate it, we all depend on oil.

Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren join forces to make college free

As ANY sane country would want and MANY in Europe HAVE done. Its idiotic to PUNISH people to want to be educated....in due time...it will happen.
Although there are some real advantages to free college education, what will happen to private schools in the country. The highest rated schools in the country are private. If I can go to USC, Michigan, or Northwestern for nothing, I certainly wouldn't shell out a quarter million to go to Stanford, Harvard, or Columbia.

Forum List

Back