🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Senator Sanders introduces bill to make public college free

Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren join forces to make college free

As ANY sane country would want and MANY in Europe HAVE done. Its idiotic to PUNISH people to want to be educated....in due time...it will happen.

Anybody has the ability to get an advanced education, it's just that you have to pay for it.

We are a country of 20 trillion in debt. I would love to see a lot of "free" things, but my country cannot afford it.

If you think "A Wall" is something we should be spending money on, I really don't think you have any business telling us all about our debt and what we can afford.

At least a wall is an investment even if it only saves one American life. Even if we pay for every foot of that wall, the savings it will produce will offset the cost in just a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

And what savings are those exactly? I'd love to hear these details.

When I get home I'll detail it for you. But for now, I'll tell you that billions of dollars cross that border. They come here, make money, and send that money back home. In the meantime, Americans lose billions a year because of lower wages caused by immigrants. Then add all the border control needed, all the costs for processing these foreign criminals, welfare going to their children that they had here, it's easy to see the advantage and savings of having that wall.

Others suffer other financial losses. My cousin spent 7K to bury her son from an overdose about a year and a half ago. It adds up pretty quick.

"Lower wages caused by immigrants". Isn't this the fundamental idea behind capitalism? Lower expenses(ie. wages, raise profits).

Are you in favor of a minimum wage then that can guarantee legal Americans are paid a fair salary for their work?

There's no such thing as free, I'm not paying your kids damn college bills moochers. Get a second job, pay your own goddamn bills.
Would be great if you would get as angry about kids wanting to be educated as you SHOULD be with our taxes going to foreign aid,endless war etc. I know you won't be because well that's CONservatives for ya.

Christ, look YOUR kids are not my financial responsibility you mooching libwit.
Like I said. No problem paying for EVERYONE'S kids going to die for oil but you do have a problem with ALL kids getting educated....more of that CONservative common sense.

Everybody uses oil. Oil is the lifeblood of our country and economy. Whether you love it or hate it, we all depend on oil.

California, the 3rd largest producer of oil in the US there's some liberal hypocrisy for you.

As ANY sane country would want and MANY in Europe HAVE done. Its idiotic to PUNISH people to want to be educated....in due time...it will happen.

America doesn't need more college educated experts in useless fields, we don't need any more career students either.

College educated people without jobs are a real problem for any country.
NO, the major advantage this country has is a highly trained and innovative workforce. The rest of world is rapidly catching up with us. This bill would in effect make a college education the standard for most Americans. The demand for high skilled jobs is rapidly increasing. We are short now over 700,000. The number will rise into the millions in a few years.

Last edited:
With today's technology, every college course can be on a DVD. People can study at their own pace and take tests at testing centers that require ID. College is great for the partying, coeds, networking, but a complete waste of time and money otherwise. Same for Public School K-12. Classroom time is a complete waste of time.

The only thing public school provides is experience in dealing with others,whether it be on the football field or band or just in the hallways.
If they'd just do away with all the indoctrination and got back to teaching public schools would be valuable tools for our youth.

Anybody has the ability to get an advanced education, it's just that you have to pay for it.

We are a country of 20 trillion in debt. I would love to see a lot of "free" things, but my country cannot afford it.

If you think "A Wall" is something we should be spending money on, I really don't think you have any business telling us all about our debt and what we can afford.

At least a wall is an investment even if it only saves one American life. Even if we pay for every foot of that wall, the savings it will produce will offset the cost in just a few years.

The wall will turn a profit. The amount of money illegals are costing us is staggering, put a stop to illegals and their goddamn crime and drugs and tax fraud and the wall will pay for itself many times over. The illegal tax fraud alone is $50 to $70 billion over the next 10 years.

Now I've heard it all. "The wall will turn a profit". LOL!

If this is the first time you've heard this... you haven't been paying attention.

If an adult wants to further their education they can act like an adult and pay for it. As far as Europe goes, it's much more difficult to get into college than it is in the United States.

Here in LA we have a program called TOPS which provides tuition for college students. It is basically going broke and people are freaking because they are talking about means testing and upping the HS GPA from 2.5 to 3.0. The nerve!!

Georgia actually has a good program. They use the revenue from the state lottery to fund tuition for any state resident who attends a Georgia public university and maintains a 3.0 GPA

LOL.... that's what we were supposed to do when we approved the lottery here. Instead, it all goes into the General Fund. And people wonder why we get so disillusioned by government.

Yeah,they pulled that shit here in Texas as well.
Just like they told us that once the freeway was paid for they would stop charging a toll. That fucken freeway has been paid off ten times over.

Yeah? So what is it when you force others to pay for your college education?
The same argument over and over. Why force people to pay for others college education, healthcare, public housing, food stamps, public education, etc.... The answer as always, is it benefits the nation to have a more educated workforce, healthier population, people living in buildings instead of the gutters, children in school instead prostitution and stealing on the streets.

You do realize that virtually all of Europe has LOWER percentages of their population attend college than does the USA, right?

In Germany a college education may be publicly funded, but only 8% of the population has the academic achievement to attend. If you are an adult and want to go back to school? Forget it, the state run system selects who may and may not be educated. What a person wants is irrelevant to the state.

The same argument over and over. Why force people to pay for others college education, healthcare, public housing, food stamps, public education, etc.... The answer as always, is it benefits the nation to have a more educated workforce, healthier population, people living in buildings instead of the gutters, children in school instead prostitution and stealing on the streets.

Thats a rather simplistic view as it leaves out human nature.

That's discriminatory
If you are going to make college free than you must for Vocational and trade schools too.

what about "Free Penis Enlargments"?? that way, all straight men will have the standard 8 inch weener

So taxation is theft? I don't see you complaining about your taxes being used for war and foreign aid etc. Why not something that actually benefits the country?

With today's technology, every college course can be on a DVD. People can study at their own pace and take tests at testing centers that require ID. College is great for the partying, coeds, networking, but a complete waste of time and money otherwise. Same for Public School K-12. Classroom time is a complete waste of time.

The only thing public school provides is experience in dealing with others,whether it be on the football field or band or just in the hallways.
If they'd just do away with all the indoctrination and got back to teaching public schools would be valuable tools for our youth.
Experience dealing with other is one thing that our schools do not teach kids.

Most schools do a decent job, some do a lousy job and some due an excellent job. There are over 100,000 schools out there. The best and worst are miles apart.

Thats a rather simplistic view as it leaves out human nature.
That's because it is simple. Most people that receive government social services are working. Take away those services and a large segment will respond in a manor far more objectionable than goverment subsidies.

The basic impetus behind social services has never been the milk of human kindness but rather to keep the "have nots" from rising up against the "haves" or to improve the economy, or prevent the spread of disease, etc...

Forum List

Back