Senator Ted Cruz Releases Canadian Birth Certificate: He Is A Citizen Of Canada

has anyone seen obama's college applications yet? NO? don't you wonder why?

could it be that he applied as a foreign student in order to get free money for tuition? could it be that he applied as a muslim? If he is an american citizen as you all believe, did he commit fraud?

why has he paid lawyers to keep his college records sealed from view?

fear not----some day we will know the truth. Just as someday we will know the truth about Kennedy's killing.

I am still waiting on Ted Cruz's application for a new car loan

typical attempt at humor as a means of deflecting from the real question. :eusa_liar:

I had the understanding that when an American citizen has a child born abroad, the child is still a citizen of the US.

So this means even if the moonbat messiah was born in Kenya, he was still a citizen.

It depends - if born on a US Military base or diplomatic mission, or if attached to the federal government through the Peace Corps or other agency, then yes. IF she were just over sleeping with local Communist leaders - as is the case of Obama's mamma - then no. But Obama was born in Hawaii, so it's a moot point.

To me, it should be quite simple

You are natural born if you have never been a citizen of another country. If at birth, you were a US citizen you are qualified to be president regardless of where you were born

Not sure if Cruz qualifies. If he was ever a Canadian or Cuban citizen, I would say no

Just like Obama, dual citizenship disqualifies him from being President. Unlike obama he is a Republican so now the democrats feel we should follow the law. Bunch of hypocrites.

Obama was a citizen since birth

Hawaii was a state at that time and still is
His father was a foreign national so he has dual citizenship. Also was adopter by an Indonesian stepfather and attended occidental college an a foreign student with Indonesian citizenship. But being a democrat the laws don't seem to apply.

A natural born Citizen is a person who at birth has no foreign sovereignty laws that govern his Citizenship. Cruz is a statutory Citizen and was never eligible to be an Article 2 Section 1 natural born Citizen at birth. Natural born Citizens never have to renounce foreign citizenships.

Simply wrong.

All he has to do is renounce his Canadian Citizenship and he's all set.

No he will not be set. It is you that has it wrong. Renouncing his Citizenship (if he ever did) makes him a Citizen eligible for the Senate or House of Representatives. To be president, you have to be a natural born Citizen. Citizen and natural born Citizen are not the same.

And I'm sure you have a link for that, right?

idiot.

How about you go back and READ YOUR OWN FUCKING LINK.

Right in the link THAT YOU GAVE US, it says all he has to do is renounce his Canadian Citizenship.

So are you going to interpret the Constitution for us, Me Chief Justice?

fucking douchebag

First paragraph

Born in Canada to an American mother, Ted Cruz became an instant U.S. citizen. But under Canadian law, he also became a citizen of that country the moment he was born.

Unless the Texas Republican senator formally renounces that citizenship, he will remain a citizen of both countries, legal experts say.

The U.S. Constitution allows only a “natural born” American citizen to serve as president. Most legal scholars who have studied the question agree that includes an American born overseas to an American parent, such as Cruz.

Cruz stated he does not have dual citizenship.

Whatever ...

I hope they make room for him in the Candidate Clown Car. The more the merrier, right?

Its a shame the R's are running scared from the TV cameras. LOL

Simply wrong.

No he will not be set. It is you that has it wrong. Renouncing his Citizenship (if he ever did) makes him a Citizen eligible for the Senate or House of Representatives. To be president, you have to be a natural born Citizen. Citizen and natural born Citizen are not the same.

idiot.

Right in the link THAT YOU GAVE US, it says all he has to do is renounce his Canadian Citizenship.

fucking douchebag

First paragraph

Born in Canada to an American mother, Ted Cruz became an instant U.S. citizen. But under Canadian law, he also became a citizen of that country the moment he was born.

Unless the Texas Republican senator formally renounces that citizenship, he will remain a citizen of both countries, legal experts say.

The U.S. Constitution allows only a “natural born” American citizen to serve as president. Most legal scholars who have studied the question agree that includes an American born overseas to an American parent, such as Cruz.

Just like President Obama.

Do birther nutters still believe that Hawaii was not a state at the time of Obama's birth?

:lol:

Simply wrong.

idiot.

fucking douchebag

First paragraph

People are trying to conflate the terms Citizen and natural born Citizen. The two terms are not equivalent, with respect to presidential eligibility. The simple sentence construction the Founders used in Article II clearly demonstrates this fact. Ted was born a statute U.S. Citizen. Renouncing his Canadian citizenship will not make him a natural born Citizen.

No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

Last edited:
There's another part of CONUS that needs changing. It's discriminatory and therefore evil.

You are natural born if you have never been a citizen of another country. If at birth, you were a US citizen you are qualified to be president regardless of where you were born

Not sure if Cruz qualifies. If he was ever a Canadian or Cuban citizen, I would say no
I don't think Canada issues birth certificates to anyone except Canadians.

Just let the guy run; he's not going to get anywhere near winning and it will further fracture the already decimated Republican party.

has anyone seen obama's college applications yet? NO? don't you wonder why?

could it be that he applied as a foreign student in order to get free money for tuition? could it be that he applied as a muslim? If he is an american citizen as you all believe, did he commit fraud?

why has he paid lawyers to keep his college records sealed from view?

fear not----some day we will know the truth. Just as someday we will know the truth about Kennedy's killing.

I am still waiting on Ted Cruz's application for a new car loan

The difference is of course that Cruz would most likely supply it. Obama......not so much....

There's another part of CONUS that needs changing. It's discriminatory and therefore evil.

Ok so Obama should not have been able to be president he was a citizen of Indonesia when his step father adopted him as a child

Just like Obama, dual citizenship disqualifies him from being President. Unlike obama he is a Republican so now the democrats feel we should follow the law. Bunch of hypocrites.
Except, Obama was born in Hawaii.

FAIL!

This story is breaking and it has a lot of people upset. Cruz released his birth certificate to the 'Dallas Morning News' Friday and it wasn't a American birth certificate..............it was Canadian from the Edmonton Dept. Of Health. This means that since Ted had a American mother, he is a true dual Citizen. Representative John Bingham, the father of the 14th Amendment who wrote the first section of it on citizenship defined a natural born Citizen as this:

“Every human being born within the jurisdiction of the United States of parents not owing allegiance to any foreign sovereignty is, in the language of your Constitution itself, a natural born citizen.” (Cong. Globe, 39th, 1st Sess., 1291 (1866))

Clearly as you can see on the birth certificate, Ted Cruz was not born in the jurisdiction of the United States and his father Rafael owed allegiance to a foreign sovereignty called Cuba. He is not a Article 2 Section 1 natural born Citizen. A statutory citizen (bestowed by man’s pen) can never be a “natural born” citizen (bestowed by God/nature).

Canada-born Ted Cruz became a citizen of that country as well as U.S. | Dallasnews.com - News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News

He was naturally born from his mother, an American citizen. That makes him a naturally born American, just like Obama, no matter where he was born. In other words, wherever Americans are, they carry a little bit of America with them, just like the US Embassy is actually an American enclave separate from the foreign country it is located in.

Cruz stated he does not have dual citizenship.

Whatever ...

I hope they make room for him in the Candidate Clown Car. The more the merrier, right?

Its a shame the R's are running scared from the TV cameras. LOL

I don't think anyone else will fit in the car with Hillary's fat ass taking up so much room.

This story is breaking and it has a lot of people upset. Cruz released his birth certificate to the 'Dallas Morning News' Friday and it wasn't a American birth certificate..............it was Canadian from the Edmonton Dept. Of Health. This means that since Ted had a American mother, he is a true dual Citizen. Representative John Bingham, the father of the 14th Amendment who wrote the first section of it on citizenship defined a natural born Citizen as this:

“Every human being born within the jurisdiction of the United States of parents not owing allegiance to any foreign sovereignty is, in the language of your Constitution itself, a natural born citizen.” (Cong. Globe, 39th, 1st Sess., 1291 (1866))

Clearly as you can see on the birth certificate, Ted Cruz was not born in the jurisdiction of the United States and his father Rafael owed allegiance to a foreign sovereignty called Cuba. He is not a Article 2 Section 1 natural born Citizen. A statutory citizen (bestowed by man’s pen) can never be a “natural born” citizen (bestowed by God/nature).

Canada-born Ted Cruz became a citizen of that country as well as U.S. | Dallasnews.com - News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News

Perhaps, but precedent was established in the 2008 election that proving your citizenship is not essential to being a candidate.
Are Hawaiians not citizens?

I had the understanding that when an American citizen has a child born abroad, the child is still a citizen of the US.

So this means even if the moonbat messiah was born in Kenya, he was still a citizen.

If Obama was born in Kenya, due to our citizenship laws in 1961, his mother was to young to confer U.S. citizenship to him. She had to be 19 years old to do it but she was 4 months shy at age 18 That law affected children born abroad in foreign sovereignties between 1952 and 1986. Barack would have been a Kenyan national at his birth. Never the less, since his father was a Kenyan national, the British Act of 1948 made the man sitting in the White House a dual citizen.

That was a State law as I remember and has no bearing on US Citizenship.My son was born in Okinawa and his mother is Filipino by birth, he could still run for President.
Was your son born at Camp Foster, or Kadena?

Bingham did not address those children who are born outside the US to US citizens.

This does: Naturalization Act of 1790

And the children of citizens of the United States that may be born beyond Sea, or out of the limits of the United States, shall be considered as natural born Citizens

Last edited:

Forum List

Back