Senior GOP Official: 'Voters Don't Pick Nominee, We Do'...

Throwing the Election is no answer. That would be treasonous. There is no way they're gonna just pop a new Candidate in there and have a chance of winning the Election. It's suicidal. So why are they so willing to commit suicide?
Because Trump is a populist demagogue and the systems put in place to filter candidates are meant to stop populist demagogues?

He's seen as damaging to the brand as a whole, damaging to the country, and damaging to down ticket races. Hillary is seen as someone that down ticket races in the midterms can run against and is fairly acceptable to the GOP on foreign policy issues because she IS a hawk, while Trump is not.

If Trump supporters want him as the nominee, they will have to make sure he is the nominee well before the Convention. If this goes to convention he will likely be shut out.

Actually the true imbecile is you and Trump supporters.

You're the one with the issue of me using the word radical and threw a fit about it, so why get upset over the word?

Also it is you comparing Trump to the founding fathers and not me, and Trump act more like the King of England instead.

It is you that has a issue with third party voters, and again attempted to bring the founding fathers into it.

So which one of us is the true imbecile here?

I mean how is it that someone support a man that once was a birther, and supported abortion?

How do you support a man that claim to be anti-establishment but has a paper trail of being good friends with those like Bill and Hillary Clinton?

How can you make the claim he is anti-Global when he make his money off the global economy and his business benefits from raping poorer countries by buying their products for a lesser price?

Yeah, I am a imbecile and you are fucking retarded as can be for supporting a radical charlatan like Trump.

Now fuck off piss ant!

Do what you want at a Trump rally. But as soon as you disrupt and attempt to violate others' rights who are there to listen to the Candidate speak, you will be removed. They are not there to listen to you speak. Trump is well-within his rights to have you removed.

You don't like that? Tough shit. Don't attend his rallies. But try actually listening to him speak sometime. Lay off the edited sound bites. He is the only Anti-Globalist/Career Politician in the race. And that's good enough for me.

Also I have listen, and read so much about Trump that you are the one going off what he is saying today while ignoring the past, so please remember this:

1. Trump and Clinton's are friends.

2. Trump own a Billion Dollar Business that make money off the GLOBAL Economy.

3. Trump was for abortion before he was against it.

4. Trump was and still is a birther.

Prove any of those things to be untrue and if you can't wear the moron or better yet the retarded cap for life!

Try actually listening to him speak. Many of his speeches are available on YouTube. Don't easily buy into the hysterical Anti-Trump propaganda.

So facts are anti-Trump Propaganda, and him speaking and not actual evidence is the only proof I need...

Got, and hope you enjoy the fucking retarded cap that is made for you!

No, it's mosty hysterical over-the-top Anti-Trump propaganda. Try listening to him speak a bit more. You'll likely be very surpised.

No, I have listen to the man speak and he is a liar and a charlatan, but retards like you can soak up his radical words and deny his past all you want and when he loses you will:

1. Claim the Democratic Party Cheated.

2. The American Population is too stupid and should have been denied the right to vote.

3. MSM lied about Trump.

4. The Establishment Cheated Trump.

5. Trump was too Liberal and should have went with Canadian born Cruz.

Oh, The media does not influence me and I have done my own research on Trump and know he make his money off the Global Economy, His daughter is a Convert to Judaism, and he is a Liberal pretending to be a Republican.

Don't believe me then look him up, and a used car salesman will tell you the sky is sunny while a hurricane is going on just to close that sale, and yes your hero Trump is a used condom salesman to me... ( I know what I wrote )

Here is a speech by "the donald" and they are all the same.
It will be great, it's going to be so incredible.
Throw them the hell out, I would like to punch him in the face.
She's bleeding from wherever.

Actually the true imbecile is you and Trump supporters.

You're the one with the issue of me using the word radical and threw a fit about it, so why get upset over the word?

Also it is you comparing Trump to the founding fathers and not me, and Trump act more like the King of England instead.

It is you that has a issue with third party voters, and again attempted to bring the founding fathers into it.

So which one of us is the true imbecile here?

I mean how is it that someone support a man that once was a birther, and supported abortion?

How do you support a man that claim to be anti-establishment but has a paper trail of being good friends with those like Bill and Hillary Clinton?

How can you make the claim he is anti-Global when he make his money off the global economy and his business benefits from raping poorer countries by buying their products for a lesser price?

Yeah, I am a imbecile and you are fucking retarded as can be for supporting a radical charlatan like Trump.

Now fuck off piss ant!

Do what you want at a Trump rally. But as soon as you disrupt and attempt to violate others' rights who are there to listen to the Candidate speak, you will be removed. They are not there to listen to you speak. Trump is well-within his rights to have you removed.

You don't like that? Tough shit. Don't attend his rallies. But try actually listening to him speak sometime. Lay off the edited sound bites. He is the only Anti-Globalist/Career Politician in the race. And that's good enough for me.

Also I have listen, and read so much about Trump that you are the one going off what he is saying today while ignoring the past, so please remember this:

1. Trump and Clinton's are friends.

2. Trump own a Billion Dollar Business that make money off the GLOBAL Economy.

3. Trump was for abortion before he was against it.

4. Trump was and still is a birther.

Prove any of those things to be untrue and if you can't wear the moron or better yet the retarded cap for life!

Try actually listening to him speak. Many of his speeches are available on YouTube. Don't easily buy into the hysterical Anti-Trump propaganda.

So facts are anti-Trump Propaganda, and him speaking and not actual evidence is the only proof I need...

Got, and hope you enjoy the fucking retarded cap that is made for you!

No, it's mosty hysterical over-the-top Anti-Trump propaganda. Try listening to him speak a bit more. You'll likely be very surpised.

The old corrupt GOP Elites are willing to hand the Democrats the Election, rather than nominate Trump. Wow, what Republican would have ever thought they'd see something so bizarre and wrong? The Republican Party could be finished after all. There's gonna be a mass exodus if they do go forward with this treason.

You have to remember the GOP establishment isn't very bright, they are the morons who thought a 3rd Bush was a good idea. For decades the base has had to hold our nose and vote for one loser RINO after another. Well now its the GOP establishments turn to hold their nose and support Trump. So you GOP establishment bastards stop griping and scheming and fall in line you assholes.

Boy, doesn't that sum up our corrupt Two-Party Ruling-Class Elite System?

Political parties, not voters, choose their presidential nominees, a Republican convention rules member told CNBC, a day after GOP front-runner Donald Trump rolled up more big primary victories.

"The media has created the perception that the voters choose the nomination. That's the conflict here," Curly Haugland, an unbound GOP delegate from North Dakota, told CNBC's "Squawk Box" on Wednesday. He even questioned why primaries and caucuses are held.

Haugland is one of 112 Republican delegates who are not required to cast their support for any one candidate because their states and territories don't hold primaries or caucuses.

Even with Trump's huge projected delegate haul in four state primaries Tuesday, the odds are increasing the billionaire businessman may not ultimately get the 1,237 delegates needed to claim the GOP nomination before the convention.

More:
Voters don't pick nominee, we do: GOP official
DRUDGE REPORT 2016®

They are technically right. If you want to run as a GOP candidate, you need the approval of the party and the party is controlled by its officials, not its voters. The officials do have to follow the rules the party has laid out, but they do have a process to change those rules.

If Trump and his supporters don't like the fact there is a binding set of rules and procedures, they can and should form their own party. But again, if you want to have the endorsement of a political party, don't be surprised when they expect you to play by the rules and procedures that are stated in order to play.

Personally, I think if Trump gets to the delegate mark, the GOP wouldn't be willing to deny him. However, if he does roll into Cleveland with a plurality and not a majority (two very different things) then the rules will play out and Trump would likely be shut out by a Cruz/Kasich unity ticket.

You bet they are technically right.

It won't matter though. If Trump comes into the convention with the most delegates and the most votes......and the GOP establishment gives the nomination to someone with fewer delegates and fewer votes?

His supporters will tell the GOP to go fuck itself.
And if he does end up in Cleveland with a majority of delegates bound to him on the first ballot then Trump can and should tell the GOP to get lost should they deny him. If I were Trump though, at this point I'd start getting ready to mount the third party run. He can still win on delegates, but it's not easy and coming up even a little short is likely to cost him everything.

Political parties, not voters, choose their presidential nominees, a Republican convention rules member told CNBC, a day after GOP front-runner Donald Trump rolled up more big primary victories.

"The media has created the perception that the voters choose the nomination. That's the conflict here," Curly Haugland, an unbound GOP delegate from North Dakota, told CNBC's "Squawk Box" on Wednesday. He even questioned why primaries and caucuses are held.

Haugland is one of 112 Republican delegates who are not required to cast their support for any one candidate because their states and territories don't hold primaries or caucuses.

Even with Trump's huge projected delegate haul in four state primaries Tuesday, the odds are increasing the billionaire businessman may not ultimately get the 1,237 delegates needed to claim the GOP nomination before the convention.

More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2016®
First, an unbound GOP delegate from North Dakota is not a "senior GOP official" as your title claims.

He's a 69 year old recreation supply company owner in Bismark. He was elected at a state convention to be a delegate to the national convention. He is unbound because North Dakota doesn't have a primary. He is way, way, way down on the power totem pole.

Second, the man is an idiot. The primaries determine the nominee, which means the voters decide.

The Dipshit from Dakota is trying to blow himself up as being more important than he is.

If, by some chance, no candidate acquires the 1,237 delegates from the primaries and caucuses, then the 112 unbound delegates like Curly might determine the outcome. But even that is extremely doubtful as all of the candidates will have far more delegates of their own with which to horse trade.

This goes parallel to what most of us have been saying about Citizens United since the SCOTUS ruled.
The irony is that Citizen's United almost certainly made this possible. There was a lot of money floating around this election that let folks stay in for way too long. If any of the guys that made it past Iowa had dropped out earlier than they actually did, a lot of races would have gone differently. There are good analysis articles out there that concluded that if Rubio dropped out 3 weeks back Cruz might be ahead now. Of if Kasich had dropped out Rubio would be tied with Cruz and Trump. All of these guys were able to stay in well past their shelf date thanks to the large amounts of money in play.

More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2016®

They are technically right. If you want to run as a GOP candidate, you need the approval of the party and the party is controlled by its officials, not its voters. The officials do have to follow the rules the party has laid out, but they do have a process to change those rules.

If Trump and his supporters don't like the fact there is a binding set of rules and procedures, they can and should form their own party. But again, if you want to have the endorsement of a political party, don't be surprised when they expect you to play by the rules and procedures that are stated in order to play.

Personally, I think if Trump gets to the delegate mark, the GOP wouldn't be willing to deny him. However, if he does roll into Cleveland with a plurality and not a majority (two very different things) then the rules will play out and Trump would likely be shut out by a Cruz/Kasich unity ticket.

It won't matter though. If Trump comes into the convention with the most delegates and the most votes......and the GOP establishment gives the nomination to someone with fewer delegates and fewer votes?

And if he does end up in Cleveland with a majority of delegates bound to him on the first ballot then Trump can and should tell the GOP to get lost should they deny him. If I were Trump though, at this point I'd start getting ready to mount the third party run. He can still win on delegates, but it's not easy and coming up even a little short is likely to cost him everything.

Either way, the old guard GOP Elites will have handed the Election to the Democrats. It's treasonous. There will be a mass exodus from the Party if it happens. If i were them, i wouldn't be so short-sighted. It'll be much worse for the Party long term, if the mass exodus occurs.

No he is not and he is a little wanna-be DICKtator that like to fling childish insults around and have his supporters throw sucker punches while applauding the crime.

Now are you going to tell me the Founding Fathers would have used soldiers to silence those that were against them like Trump is using the police and his supporters?

Oh Gawd, calm down Sally. It was an unfortunate incident, and the perpetrator was arrested and will be prosecuted. And if you're not supporting Trump, why would you be attending his rallies? The answer is, to disrupt and incite. So spare me the playin dumb routine. You're only there to cause a problem. So don't cry when you get one.

Interesting as can be.

So someone goes to a trump rally they are to stand there in silence if they disagree with him?

Interesting and you support sucker punching those that speak against Trump?

How would the Founding Fathers view this?

You brought them into the discussion so let look how Trump is nothing like the founding fathers...

If you hate the man and aren't supporting him, why would you be attending his rallies? If you're honest with yourself, you know the answer.

I have the right to confront him and call him on his radical words of hate...

I know how dare I use my right to speak freely when all you want is to listen to Trump tell you how he will do something when in reality he is just lying as usual...

So how is Trump like the founding fathers?

So you're only there to disrupt and incite? That's what i've been saying. So, you can have your 'free speech' moment, but then you'll be removed. The others attending the event have rights too. They didn't go to listen to you hysterical nutters. They went to listen to the Candidate speak.

Hysterical Nutters?

Tsk,Tsk,Tsk!

What would the Founding Fathers say about that?

Hmmm, as I wrote you enjoy free speech as long as it is by Trump and his supporters, and everyone else can go suck a lemon, right?

Also I will never attend a Trump rally because I love my country and am not a White Supremacist that believe building a wall will stop illegal immigration.

I am not a simple minded fool that buys into a charlatan words and will research the individual and not turn a blind eye to his past words and actions.

I also review his friends list and knowing he is a close friends of Bill and Hillary should make you think twice, but the reality is Trump supporters want him to punish the ignorant President Obama supporters for the last two elections.

The reality is you want to give me shit over my radical comment and tell me how the founding fathers would frown on my usage of the word but then later you enjoy using words like loons and hysterical nutters, and if I am going to be really honest those words describe Trump and his supporters instead.

Reality is not your friend and I hope the GOP steal the nomination from Trump so I can watch you squirm and then tell everyone how they need to vote for Kasich instead...

Now enjoy my reality which you think is loony and hysterical nutter form!

More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2016®

Either way, the old guard GOP Elites will have handed the Election to the Democrats. It's treasonous. There will be a mass exodus from the Party if it happens. If i were them, i wouldn't be so short-sighted. It'll be much worse for the Party long term, if the mass exodus occurs.

Nope...

It would be better for the GOP to purge those like you from it ranks.

The Tea Party Caucus is too radical and need to be put into it place once and for all!

More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2016®

I've heard brokered convention supporters on this board call trump supporters 'irrelevant'. I can't see how 13,000,000 voters are irrelevant.

[

First up, Treason has a specific meaning. I wouldn't toss that word out. It doesn't apply here.

Second, sometimes you take a loss in the short term to make sure you come out ahead in the long term. Do yourself a favor and Google the Anti-Trump ad that consists of women reading Trump quotes. I have a daughter. No way I vote for a guy that thinks talking that way about women in public gets my vote. If the GOP thinks he is acceptable, then there's no way any of them get my votes for at least a generation. There are a lot of folks out there that feel that same way.

So yep, Trump motivates a lot of folks that feel like they were sold out on the trade deals, or feel like the folks in Washington sold them out on other issues. But if you were raised with even a touch of manners, or dignity, or civility, or any of a number of qualities we used to think were important in leaders you can be sure that Trump won't get my vote, or anyone else raised that way. Disagreement is one thing but tone and choice of words matter.

[

First up, Treason has a specific meaning. I wouldn't toss that word out. It doesn't apply here.

Second, sometimes you take a loss in the short term to make sure you come out ahead in the long term. Do yourself a favor and Google the Anti-Trump ad that consists of women reading Trump quotes. I have a daughter. No way I vote for a guy that thinks talking that way about women in public gets my vote. If the GOP thinks he is acceptable, then there's no way any of them get my votes for at least a generation. There are a lot of folks out there that feel that same way.

So yep, Trump motivates a lot of folks that feel like they were sold out on the trade deals, or feel like the folks in Washington sold them out on other issues. But if you were raised with even a touch of manners, or dignity, or civility, or any of a number of qualities we used to think were important in leaders you can be sure that Trump won't get my vote, or anyone else raised that way. Disagreement is one thing but tone and choice of words matter.

If Republicans hand this Election to the Democrats, there will be catastrophic long term ramifications. Bet on that.

I've been saying for years -- SELECTED not elected. This should infuriate every American and yet...nothing. Everyone just goes along with it.

[

If Republicans hand this Election to the Democrats, there will be catastrophic long term ramifications. Bet on that.

Unless there aren't. Trump is pushing a 61 average disapproval rating. That's the highest for any major presidential candidate....ever. 54% of likely voters have indicated they'll never vote for Trump. He's alienated Hispanics, women, Muslims, and anyone who didn't think it was becoming a presidential candidate to talk about your dick on national television.

He's a very, very weak candidate in a general election.

Yet the GOP has painted themselves into such a corner that they're likely to lose by far less by keeping Trump than by dumping him.

But they're fucked either way.

I've been saying for years -- SELECTED not elected. This should infuriate every American and yet...nothing. Everyone just goes along with it.

If you want to get a republican riled about such a process, just mention 'Super Delegates'. You'll see plenty of fury.

[

Most likely that will be the result regardless of whether it's Trump or someone else.

Forum List

Back