🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Serial Plagiarizer Rand Paul Strikes Again

Libs just can't stop lying. I love it. Rand Paul didn't write one word of the complaint, but look at the smear job.

The Cooch should take this as a sign & ride off into the sunset. Rand needs to just up & resign :(

Why the fuck should he resign? Paul's team hired lawyers to write the complaint.

Milbank is the one who is the shameful one blatantly smearing Rand Paul when he had nothing to do with the writing of the complaint.

Just because the ex wife is out there bitching, Milbank should have talked directly to Fein from the get go. BUT NO. He wanted to smear Paul.

Rand Paul Uses Plagiarized Content Against Obama

Anthea Mitchell February 13, 2014

Rand Paul, a well-known Tea Party member and Republican senator from Kentucky, filed a lawsuit on Wednesday against President Barack Obama and heads of government agencies connected with the National Security Agency’s publicized bulk collection program, seeking to have it declared unconstitutional. While not the sole lawsuit being filed on the issue, it is one of the more pulbic ones. This made what came next — his second plagiarization scandal in as many years — that much more unfortunate for the senator.

Paul’s lawyer, Ken Cuccinelli, worked with Bruce Fein, an ex-Reagan administration lawyer, in writing up the suit. Now, both Fein and his spokeswoman — a role filled by his ex-wife — are insisting that not only has Fein not been fully paid for his work but that the suit — filed under Cuccinelli’s name — has stolencredit for his work without giving proper recognition for his work and writing.

“I am aghast and shocked by Ken Cuccinelli’s behavior and his absolute knowledge that this entire complaint was the work product, intellectual property and legal genius of Bruce Fein. Ken Cuccinelli stole the suit,” said Mattie Fein, Fein’s spokeswoman, to the Washington Post. She also pointed out that Paul has “already had one plagiarism issue,” and “now has a lawyer who just takes another lawyer’s work product.”

Rand Paul is scum who uses RUSH songs without their permission.

But this story sounds like it's more about Cuccinelli -- who sounds like some sort of piss poor attorney -- why was he an AG, Tea Party?

Why does the Tea Party embrace the worst and the dumbest and not the best and the brightest?

On Feb 12, 2014, at 1:56 PM, “Bruce Fein” b*****@thelichfieldgroup.com wrote:
Dear Doug,

The protocols for preparing and filing the class action complaint today were hugely suboptimal.
My name was not on the complaint despite the fact that it was predominantly my work product over several weeks and two hundred hours of research, meetings, and drafting. Ken never showed me the final complaint before submission.

My name could not be on the complaint under DC Bar Rules because I could not prepare a timely engagement letter. I was never informed until yesterday by Ken of the details of the collaborative arrangement between FreedomWorks and Rand for litigating and paying for the lawsuit. I promptly revised the engagement letter when the information was received, and it has been forwarded via Ken to Rand and FreedomWorks.

I did not learn of the date for filing except by inadvertence from Ken a few days ago.

I was not included in any briefing of Rand about the complaint before filing and press conference today despite the fact that I know vastly more about the Fourth Amendment issue and the history of NSA surveillance than anyone else on the team.

All of this has been especially distressing because I have been an impeccable team player from the outset. I did not ask for an upfront retainer. I did not publicize my role to the media. I heavily discounted my fees. I shared my work product freely with Ken. I responded to all of Ken’s inquiries with alacrity. And I have eagerly defended Rand in the past on Fourth Amendment issues in the media.

Yet I was excluded from key decision points leading up to the filing of the complaint and press conference as though I could not be trusted. I was not only excluded from meetings. I was never informed that they took place and what the decisions were.

My marginalization was thoroughly unfair. Going forward, I expect complete transparency and inclusion on all non-trivial decisions. My name will be on all future pleadings. Ken and I plan to meet shortly to discuss these matters.

My outstanding invoice for work indispensable to the lawsuit should be paid no later than Friday, February 14, an expectation which is completely justified in light of all the circumstances. Please alert me if the work description on the invoice needs alteration.

Thanks for your attention to these matters.
Bruce Fein
Here is Bruce Fein’s invoice to Sen. Paul’s PAC. An early version of my Wednesday column said that Fein had not been paid and that Paul’s aides had not responded to inquiries. When Stafford responded after publication that Fein had been paid on Feb. 3 $15,000 of the $46,849.96 Fein had billed, the column was updated.
E-mails back claim that Sen. Rand Paul ?stole? NSA lawsuit

:lol:

Democrats are so cute when they trip all over their own lies! Even more when they see themselves being laughed at and do the same stumble-bum routine again to try to make you think they intended it to amuse you.

This is really quite amusing. As I pointed out in another thread yesterday, is the left suddenly supportive of unconstitutional spying on the American people? You guys whaled and moaned during the Bush administration about the possibility this was going on and how unconscienable it would be. Well, now we know it is, Rand Paul is trying to stop it, which is what you all said you wanted, and you're demonizing him for it.

The question is rhetorical, though. The reason you're all pissed off about this is because: A. There is now a Democrat in the White House so you take it as a personal attack against him. If Bush was still there or another Republican you'd be cheering Paul on and calling him a maverick and B. He's showing up your party by doing what they didn't do for you.

Personally..I am all for the underlying case.

It's just that the messenger sucks.

On Feb 12, 2014, at 1:56 PM, “Bruce Fein” b*****@thelichfieldgroup.com wrote:
Dear Doug,

The protocols for preparing and filing the class action complaint today were hugely suboptimal.
My name was not on the complaint despite the fact that it was predominantly my work product over several weeks and two hundred hours of research, meetings, and drafting. Ken never showed me the final complaint before submission.

My name could not be on the complaint under DC Bar Rules because I could not prepare a timely engagement letter. I was never informed until yesterday by Ken of the details of the collaborative arrangement between FreedomWorks and Rand for litigating and paying for the lawsuit. I promptly revised the engagement letter when the information was received, and it has been forwarded via Ken to Rand and FreedomWorks.

I did not learn of the date for filing except by inadvertence from Ken a few days ago.

I was not included in any briefing of Rand about the complaint before filing and press conference today despite the fact that I know vastly more about the Fourth Amendment issue and the history of NSA surveillance than anyone else on the team.

All of this has been especially distressing because I have been an impeccable team player from the outset. I did not ask for an upfront retainer. I did not publicize my role to the media. I heavily discounted my fees. I shared my work product freely with Ken. I responded to all of Ken’s inquiries with alacrity. And I have eagerly defended Rand in the past on Fourth Amendment issues in the media.

Yet I was excluded from key decision points leading up to the filing of the complaint and press conference as though I could not be trusted. I was not only excluded from meetings. I was never informed that they took place and what the decisions were.

My marginalization was thoroughly unfair. Going forward, I expect complete transparency and inclusion on all non-trivial decisions. My name will be on all future pleadings. Ken and I plan to meet shortly to discuss these matters.

My outstanding invoice for work indispensable to the lawsuit should be paid no later than Friday, February 14, an expectation which is completely justified in light of all the circumstances. Please alert me if the work description on the invoice needs alteration.

Thanks for your attention to these matters.
Bruce Fein
Here is Bruce Fein’s invoice to Sen. Paul’s PAC. An early version of my Wednesday column said that Fein had not been paid and that Paul’s aides had not responded to inquiries. When Stafford responded after publication that Fein had been paid on Feb. 3 $15,000 of the $46,849.96 Fein had billed, the column was updated.
E-mails back claim that Sen. Rand Paul ?stole? NSA lawsuit

:lol:

Where does he say Rand Paul stole it?

I can't find it in the email you posted. How about finding it for me? Truly, I couldn't find Fein saying that Rand Paul stole his work. This is getting funnier by the minute.

And Fein in that email sounds more disappointed than angry.

Last edited:
UPDATE: Bruce Fein came forward Thursday to dispute Milbank and the Post‘s version of events. MSNBC reported that Paul’s political action committee RANDPAC forwarded an email from Fein to journalists disavowing his ex-wife Mattie’s characterization of the situation.

“Mattie Lolavar was not speaking for me,” Fein wrote. “Her quotes were her own and did not represent my views. I was working on a legal team, and have been paid for my work.”

Rand Paul-affiliated lawyer now says NSA lawsuit not plagiarized | The Raw Story

UPDATE: Bruce Fein came forward Thursday to dispute Milbank and the Post‘s version of events. MSNBC reported that Paul’s political action committee RANDPAC forwarded an email from Fein to journalists disavowing his ex-wife Mattie’s characterization of the situation.

“Mattie Lolavar was not speaking for me,” Fein wrote. “Her quotes were her own and did not represent my views. I was working on a legal team, and have been paid for my work.”

Rand Paul-affiliated lawyer now says NSA lawsuit not plagiarized | The Raw Story

Noble but as effective as showing a Catholic that what's in the cup contains alcohol and no salt. They just are going to keep on believing.

Last edited:
I'll keep checking back to see actual proof that it is claimed that Rand Paul stole the complaint.

Or what hand he had in writing the complaint and plagiarizing Feins work. Or Milbank is just proven to be a scumbucket trying to smear Rand Paul.

Just for fun, I might just start following Dana on twitter. Hmmm.. :)

Last edited:

Er...that's from this morning. That's not an "update."

Der. We have the emails now.

THAT'S an update/

You know that Senator Cut and Paste is already a proven, known serial plagiarizer already, right teeny?

Rand smears himself -- and he USED Fein. That much is clear.

You know that Senator Cut and Paste is already a proven, known serial plagiarizer already, right teeny?

Rand smears himself -- and he USED Fein. That much is clear.

His team has been paying Fein. Fein was part of a legal team.

Show me the parts Rand Paul wrote and plagiarized for the NSA document. Show me what he stole.

I'm waiting.

ETA: have to run the dog but I'll check back in to find out what he plagiarized and what he stole re: NSA complaint

Last edited:
Now prove that Rand Paul knew that this a plagerized piece of property or shut the fuck up.

Wait, what?

He's got a history of doing this.

And he's been made aware of it.

You'd think that even if his other "episodes" of this behavior were innocent, moving forward he'd be much more careful.

That's a reasonable assumption, no?

Maybe he went to the Joe Biden school of plagiarism.

As I pointed out in another thread yesterday, is the left suddenly supportive of unconstitutional spying on the American people?

Of course not.

The fact remains that the surveillance programs are both legal and Constitutional until such time as the Supreme Court rules otherwise, addressing conflicting opinions in the lower courts.

What liberals appropriately object to is the fact that Paul is motivated by partisanism, not a desire to ‘defend’ citizens’ civil liberties, as there have already been numerous lawsuits filed already, addressing the same issues, that will likely reach the High Court long before Paul’s suit, rendering it moot:

Mr. Paul filed his lawsuit in the Federal District Court for the District of Columbia. In December, Judge Richard J. Leon of that court ruled in a similar lawsuit brought by Larry Klayman, a conservative legal activist, that the program probably violates the Fourth Amendment because its expansive scope makes it different from case considered by the Supreme Court in 1979. The Justice Department has appealed the decision.

In a separate case brought by the American Civil Liberties Union in the Southern District of New York, Judge William H. Pauley III in December concluded that the program is legal and complies with the Fourth Amendment. The A.C.L.U. has appealed that ruling.

There are also similar cases in the Northern District of California and the District of Idaho that are raising similar claims, including litigation in California that dates back to earlier revelations during the Bush administration era about domestic surveillance programs and has been stalled in disputes over state secrets.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/13/u...-lawsuit-over-nsa-call-surveillance.html?_r=0

Consequently, Paul is not trying to ‘stop’ anything; if he were he would have simply joined one of the many existing lawsuits currently pending appeal.

And as one can see from the cited article, not only are many other suits currently pending, but they represent complainants both liberal and conservative.

I'll keep checking back to see actual proof that it is claimed that Rand Paul stole the complaint.

Or what hand he had in writing the complaint and plagiarizing Feins work. Or Milbank is just proven to be a scumbucket trying to smear Rand Paul.

Just for fun, I might just start following Dana on twitter. Hmmm.. :)

tinydancer: "Paul's team hired lawyers to write the complaint."
Bingo! - Good on you for admitting it.

Even though MSNBC identifies themselves as a place for politics not a news channel, MSNBC did what a news company is supposed to do i.e. report what Fein's spokesperson said then-----then reported, Fein changed his mind.
Fortunately, news consumers were kept up to date with the twists, turns and pirouettes by Rand Paul's hired guns - to bad Paul doesn't have a legal mind of his own or the initiative to do his own dirty work, but then-----but then that's how Republicans roll - Paul just might be the perfect Republican candidate, at least from the standpoint of being unable and/or unwilling to DIY.

tinydancer: I'll keep checking back to see actual proof that it is claimed that Rand Paul stole the complaint.
No need to keep checking back, it's right here in Drudge Retort:
[Bruce Fein's spokesperson:] "Ken Cuccinelli stole the suit," she said, adding that Paul, who "already has one plagiarism issue, now has a lawyer who just takes another lawyer's work product."

Rand: I didn't steal it, I just lifted it, added total nutbar Cooch, and didn't give the guy who actually wrote it any credit. So there :p

And if you don't like it -- Pistols at Dawn!

Forum List

Back