🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Serial Plagiarizer Rand Paul Strikes Again

Rand: I didn't steal it, I just lifted it, added total nutbar Cooch, and didn't give the guy who actually wrote it any credit. So there :p

And if you don't like it -- Pistols at Dawn!

LOL - got a link to prove Randy said that? Just kidding, I know the difference between paraphrasing, jokes, and the use of quotation marks -or not- but-----but I know some of the rightwingers on the USMB are clueless about such things.

I'll keep checking back to see actual proof that it is claimed that Rand Paul stole the complaint.

Or what hand he had in writing the complaint and plagiarizing Feins work. Or Milbank is just proven to be a scumbucket trying to smear Rand Paul.

Just for fun, I might just start following Dana on twitter. Hmmm.. :)

tinydancer: "Paul's team hired lawyers to write the complaint."
Bingo! - Good on you for admitting it.

Even though MSNBC identifies themselves as a place for politics not a news channel, MSNBC did what a news company is supposed to do i.e. report what Fein's spokesperson said then-----then reported, Fein changed his mind.
Fortunately, news consumers were kept up to date with the twists, turns and pirouettes by Rand Paul's hired guns - to bad Paul doesn't have a legal mind of his own or the initiative to do his own dirty work, but then-----but then that's how Republicans roll - Paul just might be the perfect Republican candidate, at least from the standpoint of being unable and/or unwilling to DIY.

tinydancer: I'll keep checking back to see actual proof that it is claimed that Rand Paul stole the complaint.
No need to keep checking back, it's right here in Drudge Retort:
[Bruce Fein's spokesperson:] "Ken Cuccinelli stole the suit," she said, adding that Paul, who "already has one plagiarism issue, now has a lawyer who just takes another lawyer's work product."

Oh bite me. Senator Paul isn't a lawyer. He's a freaking doctor. Of course he and his staff would hire a team of lawyers.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! How suspicious. Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket. He hired a whole team of lawyers to plagiarize each other.

:lol:

What do I have to admit? Nothing. Nada. Senator Paul has done nothing wrong.

And Fein has come out and said that his "spokesperson" aka his ex wife did not speak for him.

Deal with it.

Here's where you show how fucked up you are Star. He's not a lawyer, he's a doctor and now you are accusing him of dirty work by hiring a team of lawyers to file a lawsuit.

- to bad Paul doesn't have a legal mind of his own or the initiative to do his own dirty work, but then-----but then that's how Republicans roll -

:lmao:

Who should he have hired? Real estate agents? Dog Catchers? Check out clerks?

This is really quite amusing. As I pointed out in another thread yesterday, is the left suddenly supportive of unconstitutional spying on the American people? You guys whaled and moaned during the Bush administration about the possibility this was going on and how unconscienable it would be. Well, now we know it is, Rand Paul is trying to stop it, which is what you all said you wanted, and you're demonizing him for it.

The question is rhetorical, though. The reason you're all pissed off about this is because: A. There is now a Democrat in the White House so you take it as a personal attack against him. If Bush was still there or another Republican you'd be cheering Paul on and calling him a maverick and B. He's showing up your party by doing what they didn't do for you.

Personally..I am all for the underlying case.

It's just that the messenger sucks.

Fair enough

Well Milbank following in the great footsteps of that scumbucket Axelrod has now got his wish.

Slimeballs like Daily Kos actually have a headline that is a complete lie but it will now stay in the world of the internet forever.

You left wing assholes aka pretend journalists are amazing. A complete and utter lie.

Lawyer accuses Rand Paul of plagiarizing lawsuit against NSA. No, really.

by Hunter

This. Is. Awesome. That lawsuit Sen. Rand Paul filed against the NSA? The person who wrote it says that Rand Paul and Ken Cuccinelli plagiarized it, and he's ticked.

Daily Kos: Lawyer accuses Rand Paul of plagiarizing lawsuit against NSA. No,*really.

I'll keep checking back to see actual proof that it is claimed that Rand Paul stole the complaint.

Or what hand he had in writing the complaint and plagiarizing Feins work. Or Milbank is just proven to be a scumbucket trying to smear Rand Paul.

Just for fun, I might just start following Dana on twitter. Hmmm.. :)

Even though MSNBC identifies themselves as a place for politics not a news channel, MSNBC did what a news company is supposed to do i.e. report what Fein's spokesperson said then-----then reported, Fein changed his mind.
Fortunately, news consumers were kept up to date with the twists, turns and pirouettes by Rand Paul's hired guns - to bad Paul doesn't have a legal mind of his own or the initiative to do his own dirty work, but then-----but then that's how Republicans roll - Paul just might be the perfect Republican candidate, at least from the standpoint of being unable and/or unwilling to DIY.

tinydancer: I'll keep checking back to see actual proof that it is claimed that Rand Paul stole the complaint.
[Bruce Fein's spokesperson:] "Ken Cuccinelli stole the suit," she said, adding that Paul, who "already has one plagiarism issue, now has a lawyer who just takes another lawyer's work product."

Oh bite me. Senator Paul isn't a lawyer. He's a freaking doctor. Of course he and his staff would hire a team of lawyers.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! How suspicious. Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket. He hired a whole team of lawyers to plagiarize each other.

And Fein has come out and said that his "spokesperson" aka his ex wife did not speak for him.

Deal with it.

Nope, if a 'lawmaker' is to stupid to write 'law' themselves they hire lawyers. Good on you for knowing that but-----but are you also claiming that by doing nothing wrong, Rand Paul is not involved in the lawsuit that he himself filed?-----giggle

If Rand can't handle his lawmaker responsibilities, maybe he should go back to doctoring -- of course we don't know if he was any better at doctoring than he is at writing law, do we?

Deal with it.

Nope, if a 'lawmaker' is to stupid to write 'law' themselves they hire lawyers. Good on you for knowing that but-----but are you also claiming that by doing nothing wrong, Rand Paul is not involved in the lawsuit that he himself filed?-----giggle

If Rand can't handle his lawmaker responsibilities, maybe he should go back to doctoring -- of course we don't know if he was any better at doctoring than he is at writing law, do we?

Are you trying to tell me that every "lawmaker" in the Congress and the Senate write their own bills?

Tell me you're not. :cuckoo:

And to be a "lawmaker" doesn't require that you be a lawyer. To file a lawsuit against the President and the NSA it's just prudent to put together a legal team.

You're just getting ridiculous in your insults on Senator Paul.

I do not think the word "plagiarism" means what you think it means. You people are impossibly dumb.

And you guys claim to be the party of intellectuals... fuckin sad really.

Star, just so you know how your government works this is an easy read on who writes the bills.

Quick summary:

Turning to Staff Lawyers

When a staffer is drafting the bill (either at the Member’s direction, or to pull something together to propose to the Member), they will send a request to the House or Senate’s Office of Legislative Counsel (OLC or “Leg Counsel”) and be assigned a lawyer to work with on turning the idea into legislative language.

https://www.govtrack.us/blog/2010/03/24/who-writes-our-law/

So I made you a snack Star for posting this. :)

A little ketchup might make it a little more palatable. Think OLC now. Because I proved that members don't write the laws.

Eating+Crow+2.jpeg

Well Milbank following in the great footsteps of that scumbucket Axelrod has now got his wish.

Slimeballs like Daily Kos actually have a headline that is a complete lie but it will now stay in the world of the internet forever.

You left wing assholes aka pretend journalists are amazing. A complete and utter lie.

by Hunter

This. Is. Awesome. That lawsuit Sen. Rand Paul filed against the NSA? The person who wrote it says that Rand Paul and Ken Cuccinelli plagiarized it, and he's ticked.

Daily Kos: Lawyer accuses Rand Paul of plagiarizing lawsuit against NSA. No,*really.

It's a pretty simple concept - when you put your name on a lawsuit, you own it.
According to the Frank James article below, Rand Paul's communications director is refusing return calls or email requests for comment -- that makes sense, the Paul team is probably buying time to figure out a strategy to make the Paul team players look less like the petty political infighters they're looking like right now.

Rand Paul's NSA Lawsuit Helps Him Lay Claim To A Big Issue : It's All Politics : NPR

by Frank James
February 13, 2014

By filing his lawsuit against the Obama administration, including the National Security Agency, over the intelligence agency's collection of phone call data, Sen. Rand Paul now has ownership of a major issue in a way no other potential 2016 presidential candidate can lay claim.

I do not think the word "plagiarism" means what you think it means. You people are impossibly dumb.

And you guys claim to be the party of intellectuals... fuckin sad really.

:eusa_shhh:
they need to believe they're are the superior of intellectuals

It's a tough job to ruin someone's reputation WITH FALSE accusations, but someone has to do for THE PARTY

Was Fein’s lawsuit taken from him? The attorney certainly seemed to think so – Milbank produced an email in which he (not his spokesperson) told Paul’s top political advisor just this week, “My marginalization was thoroughly unfair.” He added, “My outstanding invoice for work indispensable to the lawsuit should be paid.”

The entirety of the email chain is online and available for public scrutiny – some of the messages get quite colorful – and taken together, it’s not unreasonable to conclude that Rand Paul’s operation apparently took Fein’s work, used it, failed to give him credit, and failed to fully compensate him for his time and effort.

'My marginalization was thoroughly unfair' | MSNBC

by Hunter

It's a pretty simple concept - when you put your name on a lawsuit, you own it.
According to the Frank James article below, Rand Paul's communications director is refusing return calls or email requests for comment -- that makes sense, the Paul team is probably buying time to figure out a strategy to make the Paul team players look less like the petty political infighters they're looking like right now.

Rand Paul's NSA Lawsuit Helps Him Lay Claim To A Big Issue : It's All Politics : NPR

by Frank James
February 13, 2014

By filing his lawsuit against the Obama administration, including the National Security Agency, over the intelligence agency's collection of phone call data, Sen. Rand Paul now has ownership of a major issue in a way no other potential 2016 presidential candidate can lay claim.

It's his ex wife making the stink. And Fein says quite unequivocably that he did not authorize his ex wife's comments, AND he said his ex wife did not speak for him, AND has said he has been paid.

Milbank in his zeal to smear Rand Paul fell for the ex wife's bullshit. He got hosed.:lol:

You have MSNBC backtracking on the story and making a correction. Ditto Raw Story.

Here's another update:

But Fein indicated in the email that he had no plans to severe ties with the Paul-Cuccinelli dyad.

He also never accused the lawsuit team of theft or plagiarism.

“Going forward, I expect complete transparency and inclusion on all non-trivial decisions,” Fein wrote, in an email obtained by Milbank. “My name will be on all future pleadings. Ken and I plan to meet shortly to discuss these matters.”

Paul’s campaign spokesman declined TheDCNF’s request for comment.

Rand Paul's team rips 'completely inaccurate' reports about NSA lawsuit | The Daily Caller

Was Fein’s lawsuit taken from him? The attorney certainly seemed to think so – Milbank produced an email in which he (not his spokesperson) told Paul’s top political advisor just this week, “My marginalization was thoroughly unfair.” He added, “My outstanding invoice for work indispensable to the lawsuit should be paid.”

The entirety of the email chain is online and available for public scrutiny – some of the messages get quite colorful – and taken together, it’s not unreasonable to conclude that Rand Paul’s operation apparently took Fein’s work, used it, failed to give him credit, and failed to fully compensate him for his time and effort.

'My marginalization was thoroughly unfair' | MSNBC

Oh bite me. His feelings were hurt. He never once in that whole email that Milbank produced as "evidence" said that Cuccinelli or Rand Paul stole his work.

Milbank wanted to believe the ex wife. He wanted to smear Rand Paul. But sorries. :eusa_angel:

He got hosed.

Until Hillary tweets to call off the dogs Paul will continue to be chewed.

Sadly, though, they just don't respond to high-pitched whistles like actual dogs. Else she could do it herself without having to use her mobile phone.

Forum List

Back