Serious Question for Serious Democrats

Roadrunner

Roadrunner
May 6, 2013
USA
Considering the failure of the Clintons to swing a single race in which they appeared with candidates, is she still the front runner and virtually certainty to be nominated in 2016?

Hillary Clinton is not an automatic in my book. She'd better stand for something besides gay rights and "the war on women." Nobody votes based upon these issues.

She should take a page from her husband's 1992 campaign:

"It's the ECONOMY, stupid!"

If she were to propose forgiveness of federal student loans, for example, she would win in a heartbeat. This effects most American families in one way or another. I sense, however, that she won't do that, based upon who her friends are.

Both the Clinton clowns were kicked to the curb by voters ignoring their campaigning efforts. And back home in Arkansas they helped Republicans toss a complete game shutout vs. Dimocrats.

Someone please explain to them the forks stickin' out of their backs.

Hillary Clinton is not an automatic in my book. She'd better stand for something besides gay rights and "the war on women." Nobody votes based upon these issues.

If she were to propose forgiveness of federal student loans, for example, she would win in a heartbeat. This effects most American families in one way or another. I sense, however, that she won't do that, based upon who her friends are.

Who pays the billions of dollars that students borrowed to pay the Universities and Colleges if their debt is 'forgiven'? And, who would future college students go to for a loan if the lenders know they probably won't be repaid? Just two questions from a former student that DID pay back his college loan. Man, was I dumb or what?

Who pays the billions of dollars that students borrowed to pay the Universities and Colleges if their debt is 'forgiven'? And, who would future college students go to for a loan if the lenders know they probably won't be repaid? Just two questions from a former student that DID pay back his college loan. Man, was I dumb or what?

Student loan forgiveness would cost less than the bailout of financial institutions did in 2008-09. Regarding your student loans--I'm in the same boat, but I see the potential of a "lost generation" of young American workers that won't be able to participate economically in the next 10-20 years.

Look at it this way--student loan forgiveness would plunge billions of dollars back into the American economy, and the drastic increase in domestic economic activity would surely trickle down to your own paycheck as well.

Student loan forgiveness would cost less than the bailout of financial institutions did in 2008-09. Regarding your student loans--I'm in the same boat, but I see the potential of a "lost generation" of young American workers that won't be able to participate economically in the next 10-20 years.

Look at it this way--student loan forgiveness would plunge billions of dollars back into the American economy, and the drastic increase in domestic economic activity would surely trickle down to your own paycheck as well.

The right is killing the middle class. As it happens, other countries are more than happy to invest in our students.

10712969_932027690141543_7940467894914647290_n.jpg

Whatever, but answer my second question.
And, who would future college students go to for a loan if the lenders know they probably won't be repaid?

And, who would future college students go to for a loan if the lenders know they probably won't be repaid?

This isn't some kind of magical concept. It's like health care--if Americans are too stupid to figure it out, and American politicians are too wedded to corporate interests, we can just copy what nearly every other industrialized Western nation does. They make things work okay. Hell, just read Neddly's post above yours.

The right is killing the middle class. As it happens, other countries are more than happy to invest in our students.

10712969_932027690141543_7940467894914647290_n.jpg

I hope you choose Norway and choose Chamber Music Ensembles as your major.

Norwegian universities do not charge tuition fees for international students. The Norwegian higher education system is similar to the one in the United States: Class sizes are small and professors are easily approachable. Many Norwegian universitiesofferprograms taught in English. American students, for example, could choose "Advanced Studies for Solo Instrumentalists or Chamber Music Ensembles" or "Development Geography."

But don't expect to save money in Norway, which has one of the world's highest costs of living for expats. And be careful where you decide to study. "Winters in general are quite different in different parts of the country, with the north having hard, arctic winters, and the southwest mostly having mild, wet average European winters," the Norwegian Center for International Cooperation in Education notes.

On edit: If no college tuition is paid in the US, who pays the outrageous salaries of the University tenured Professors and where do they get the money to pay for the Football and other athletic programs?

Last edited:
Considering the failure of the Clintons to swing a single race in which they appeared with candidates, is she still the front runner and virtually certainty to be nominated in 2016?

We will have to see how things shake out- remember Hilary was considered a done deal at the beginning of the 2008 campaign.

I like Hilary, but I would prefer someone younger, and someone who has been a governor.

but the only one being discussed at all is Gov. Martin O’Malley of Maryland.

I would be more than open to an alternative to Hilary, but she has the highest name recognition, and she has Bill- Conservatives hate him but he is both a money raiser and a great speaker.

This isn't some kind of magical concept. It's like health care--if Americans are too stupid to figure it out, and American politicians are too wedded to corporate interests, we can just copy what nearly every other industrialized Western nation does. They make things work okay. Hell, just read Neddly's post above yours.

I did, and now you read my post #14. What does corporate interests have to do with College tuition?

Forum List

Back