Serious question: What kind of jobs are Republicans qualified for?

Are Republicans ever going to give examples of "conservative scientists"? Why do they deny the 6%? Do they or don't they believe in "mystical creation" and believe science is a "faith"?

Your premise is flawed. Maybe if you studied statistics you'd be able to understand that.

In general, conservative scientists tend to concentrate their work in application roles instead of broad research roles. Profit-driven organizations employ millions of scientists and they tend to be conservative because their political outlook does not preclude them from being used to make money in free enterprise. That is not the case for liberals in general.

Therefore studies that do not include scientists employed at laboratories for companies like Pepsi, ExxonMobil, Intuitive Surgical, and ConAgra do not accurately represent the political spectrum.

Another factor is that liberals tend to use political views as a criteria for evaluating new hires while conservatives in science generally do not. Furthermore, conservative scientists do not feel a need to make a statement about their political views. They are content to quietly work their magic without notoriety. Many liberal leaning scientists intertwine their politics with their life's works and are subsequently more visible.

Millions of scientists? Millions? Are you sure you didn't mean "gazillions"?

You are just making shit up. 97% of scientists believe in evoluion. The vast majority are atheist. They believe in education and don't hate minorities. You can be a liberal and work in the "free market". Bill Gates taught us that. You just want Republicans to matter so much, you make up facts to support your determined delusions. Every scientist in the US could stand in front of you and when 94% say they aren't Republican, you still wouldn't believe it.
Yes, millions of scientists. About 5% of the labor force, actually.

One doesn't have to be religious nor a strict creationist to be a conservative. I'm conservative and I don't hate minorities, accept evolution as real (and it doesn't conflict with my religion). Also, I never said that a liberal cannot work in the free market. I made a generalization about liberals in the sciences and their chosen career paths.

IF every scientist in the US stood in front of me, I'd accept it as a valid survey. I do not accept a survey done that excluded scientists that are not members of an association as representative of the entire population. That's not because of political bias, it's because of my education in statistics.

Do you know 5 scientists that work in the for-profit sector?

Last edited:
You are just making shit up. 97% of scientists believe in evoluion. The vast majority are atheist.

rdean keeps up his perfect liberal record!!

Moving down a step in terms of scientific street cred, there was also a 2007 paper which surveyed 1,646 academic scientists at 21 top universities on their belief in god. Their findings show rates of atheism at about 30% and agnosticism also at 30%, and find that the rates are not dependent on academic discipline; academic scientists in the natural and social sciences have similar rates of atheism

You are just making shit up. 97% of scientists believe in evoluion. The vast majority are atheist.

rdean keeps up his perfect liberal record!!

Moving down a step in terms of scientific street cred, there was also a 2007 paper which surveyed 1,646 academic scientists at 21 top universities on their belief in god. Their findings show rates of atheism at about 30% and agnosticism also at 30%, and find that the rates are not dependent on academic discipline; academic scientists in the natural and social sciences have similar rates of atheism

Wow, can't wait to see the link. Please post it.

Your premise is flawed. Maybe if you studied statistics you'd be able to understand that.

In general, conservative scientists tend to concentrate their work in application roles instead of broad research roles. Profit-driven organizations employ millions of scientists and they tend to be conservative because their political outlook does not preclude them from being used to make money in free enterprise. That is not the case for liberals in general.

Therefore studies that do not include scientists employed at laboratories for companies like Pepsi, ExxonMobil, Intuitive Surgical, and ConAgra do not accurately represent the political spectrum.

Another factor is that liberals tend to use political views as a criteria for evaluating new hires while conservatives in science generally do not. Furthermore, conservative scientists do not feel a need to make a statement about their political views. They are content to quietly work their magic without notoriety. Many liberal leaning scientists intertwine their politics with their life's works and are subsequently more visible.

You are just making shit up. 97% of scientists believe in evoluion. The vast majority are atheist. They believe in education and don't hate minorities. You can be a liberal and work in the "free market". Bill Gates taught us that. You just want Republicans to matter so much, you make up facts to support your determined delusions. Every scientist in the US could stand in front of you and when 94% say they aren't Republican, you still wouldn't believe it.

One doesn't have to be religious nor a strict creationist to be a conservative. I'm conservative and I don't hate minorities, accept evolution as real (and it doesn't conflict with my religion). Also, I never said that a liberal cannot work in the free market. I made a generalization about liberals in the sciences and their chosen career paths.

IF every scientist in the US stood in front of me, I'd accept it as a valid survey. I do not accept a survey done that excluded scientists that are not members of an association as representative of the entire population. That's not because of political bias, it's because of my education in statistics.

I don't understand why you people have this "belief" that scientists would belong to a party that has such bizarre economic theories as "twinkle down" or what ever you call it. A party that doesn't believe in science, is clearly anti minority and 90% white. I know more than 5 PhD's that work in the "for profit" sector (optics and micro electronics). What does that have to do with anything?
Just the fact you would only accept if EVERY scientist stood in front of you as the only acceptable survey proves you don't even know anything about statistics.

Rick Santorum: "What a snob!" - YouTube

I'm serious. If you don't believe in science and have no skills, what is it you expect to do? Without infrastructure spending, there are no jobs needing "unskilled labor". And Republicans don't want infrastructure spending. What's left?

Why are 3 million jobs unfilled? - Houston Chronicle

Companies Say 3 Million Unfilled Positions in Skill Crisis: Jobs

Why, With Unemployment So High, Do So Many Jobs Go Begging? | The Business Desk

Three million open jobs in U.S., but who's qualified? - CBS News

Jobs_Wide_620x350.jpg

Republicans blame it on Obama, but block any spending on education, technical schools, Jr. Colleges and so on.
What is their leadership offering and what is it the base thinks they are qualified for?
the question you should be asking is how do you get a libb to do an honest days work ??

I am a mechanical engineer.

All of my fellow mechanical and electrical engineers that I work with are Republicans or conservative Independent voters.

Our line of work deals in hard numbers and facts.

There is no place for sloppy numbers and squishy logic in our business.

And "feelings" and "just knowing" could result in damaged equipment and possibly injured workers.

That's why Democrats and liberals are far more suited to work in the arts and social sciences......... :cool:

Most of the wealthy kids I went to school with were 100% qualified to take over their family businesses.

I don't understand why you people have this "belief" that scientists would belong to a party that has such bizarre economic theories as "twinkle down" or what ever you call it. A party that doesn't believe in science, is clearly anti minority and 90% white.

It's not a "belief" for me, it's empirical evidence. I know quite a few Republican scientists. I've asked them about their peer group. I've asked former professors of mine about the issue and these are the answers I've received.

I know more than 5 PhD's that work in the "for profit" sector (optics and micro electronics). What does that have to do with anything?

Just curious. You don't seem to be someone capable of getting along with those who have different political views. You're kind've an ass.

Just the fact you would only accept if EVERY scientist stood in front of you as the only acceptable survey proves you don't even know anything about statistics.

Read my post again. You made an assertion that I would not accept the results if every scientist stood in front of me. I said I would. I never said that's the only survey I would accept.

I don't understand why you people have this "belief" that scientists would belong to a party that has such bizarre economic theories as "twinkle down" or what ever you call it. A party that doesn't believe in science, is clearly anti minority and 90% white.

It's not a "belief" for me, it's empirical evidence. I know quite a few Republican scientists. I've asked them about their peer group. I've asked former professors of mine about the issue and these are the answers I've received.

I know more than 5 PhD's that work in the "for profit" sector (optics and micro electronics). What does that have to do with anything?

Just curious. You don't seem to be someone capable of getting along with those who have different political views. You're kind've an ass.

Read my post again. You made an assertion that I would not accept the results if every scientist stood in front of me. I said I would. I never said that's the only survey I would accept.

What you said was, "IF every scientist in the US stood in front of me, I'd accept it as a valid survey." You didn't add any exceptions.

I don't talk politics at work. But the engineers break down into Four with a Mexican background (lady electrical, three mechanical men). Three Chinese (1 lady, 1 man optics, 1 man mechanical). 1 Russian Electronics. 1 Columbian lady software. 1 from Nigeria, mechanical. Three white guys. 1 mechanical, 1 optics, 1 software.

Conservatives are the lady from Colombia who voted for Romney, first time voting last election. 1 white guy in optics. Everyone else is a Democrat. They do occasionally talk politics in the lunch room, but I stay out of it. I mentioned the three times Republicans used reconcilliation during the Bush years and the one conservative guy went crazy. Facts really upset those on the right wing. I don't want to jeapardize my job.

Most of the wealthy kids I went to school with were 100% qualified to take over their family businesses.

The number one way Republicans create wealth. They inherit it.

All of my fellow mechanical and electrical engineers that I work with are Republicans or conservative Independent voters.

And "feelings" and "just knowing" could result in damaged equipment and possibly injured workers.

That's why Democrats and liberals are far more suited to work in the arts and social sciences......... :cool:

Hard numbers and facts? Like evolution? Plate Techtonics? Biology, botany, geology, genetics, physics. All things the majority of Republicans deny.

I wish you could hear the waves of laughter that erupt all over the world every single time you post something about *facts* or *science*, rtard.

I think it might deafen you.

Hard numbers and facts? Like evolution? Plate Techtonics? Biology, botany, geology, genetics, physics. All things the majority of Republicans deny.

deany is actually proud of his pure ignorance!!

deany is actually proud of his pure ignorance!!

Ignorance about what?

It is pretty hilarious that people who don't believe in science insist they know more science than anything.

Companies Say 3 Million Unfilled Positions in Skill Crisis: Jobs - Bloomberg

Even with almost 13 million Americans looking for work and 8 million more settling for part-time jobs, almost half the 1,361 U.S. employers surveyed in January by ManpowerGroup say they can’t find workers to fill positions. At the same time, American employers are less likely than their counterparts overseas to invest in training, the Milwaukee-based staffing company reported last month.

Companies have reported more than 3 million job openings every month since February 2011, according to the Department of Labor.

--------------------------------------------------------

Companies have reported more than 3 million job openings every month since February 2011

That's what it's all about. Republicans are not qualified. Hence, the rants and raves.

Forum List

Back