🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Seriously...What is The Deal with Abortion?

For some people, a pregnancy is a joy to be celebrated by at least 2 families, plus friends, and neighbors. For others, it's an unfortunate and undesirable outcome of an irresponsible act that both partners knew what could happen but took no precautions to prevent it. In most cases, an abortion costs nothing depending on your income, but the inconvenience and the time and money a baby requires is substantial. And they don't want to be bothered, so they take the easy way out. They could have used birth control, and they could have taken a pregnancy test and if pregnant they could take a morning after pill, right? Tell me, does PP provide morning after pills for free? If not, why not?

People bitch about only having 6 weeks, right? But if you've been raped (or not), you can still take a pregnancy test and find out whether you are pregnant or not, right? Why the hell wouldn't you do that if you had unprotected sex, consensual or not? Tell me, does PP provide free pregnancy tests? If not, why not?

Actually, Charles Goodyear invented Birth Control in the mid 19th Century, a long ass time ago.

But some broads just like to get pregnant so they can get an abortion.
Swore I wasn't going to post today but then I read just about the dumbest thing I've ever seen posted on these boards above.
Can't you just and righteous Christian mingle parrots make up your minds? Do some "broads" get pregnant to collect welfare or
do they get pregnant to have an abortion??? Even typing it looks completely stupid. Have you lost your friggin mind?
No woman gets pregnant just so she can have an abortion....oh jeez...right wingers. Not the brightest bulbs on the ole Christmas tree. :auiqs.jpg:

500,000 babies are killed every year...
But the same people who are in favor of abortion also say that parents who use corporal punishment (spanking) on their children should be severely punished...

Kinda incongruent IMHO.

And on more than one occasion Planned Parenthood has been caught selling human fetus parts to research scientist all over the world. (Which is in direct violation of the law and a disgusting practice with no real research value)

Contraceptives are usually around 80% effective and that is only for those who use the "best use practices" for instructions.... everyone else gets almost a coin toss for effectiveness. (They currently debate over vaccines which have had better results than most birth control methods with much fewer side effects than modern birth control methods even dreamed about....which is yet another incongruent behavior IMHO)

However...most abortions are matters of convenience (don't want another baby) and birth defects. (Parents unwilling to care for a child with birth defects... including such trivial things as hairlip)

We as a society suck...

Swore I wasn't going to post today but then I read just about the dumbest thing I've ever seen posted on these boards above.
Can't you just and righteous Christian mingle parrots make up your minds? Do some "broads" get pregnant to collect welfare or
do they get pregnant to have an abortion??? Even typing it looks completely stupid. Have you lost your friggin mind?
No woman gets pregnant just so she can have an abortion....oh jeez...right wingers. Not the brightest bulbs on the ole Christmas tree. :auiqs.jpg:
It is crap like this that make me realize for many of these people, it isn't about children it is about controling and curtailing a woman's rights.

If we demanded that that every man who made a woman pregnant, when she didn't want a child, be sterilized...you think they would go for that?

It is crap like this that make me realize for many of these people, it isn't about children it is about controling and curtailing a woman's rights.

If we demanded that that every man who made a woman pregnant, when she didn't want a child, be sterilized...you think they would go for that?
If it were truly about the children, then they would fight just as hard for them as soon as they exit the womb as while they are in it. They wouldn't lobby to take away its healthcare, restrict its access to nutrition or other health programs (to low income and disadvantaged women), and constantly rail to defund its right to public education. But we all know, it's about creating a "Handmaiden's Tale" existence. Make no mistake, there are some men who would have no problem with that kind of society.

Most of the time a woman that is unintentionally pregnant is just careless and they refuse an iud or something similar. They won't insist on a condom. Fail safe abortion has always been there. Now, they better wake up and pay attention.

It is crap like this that make me realize for many of these people, it isn't about children it is about controlling and curtailing a woman's rights.

First of all, I do not agree that having an abortion is a woman's right, that was a bad decision by a liberal Supreme Court that basically legislated that right out of nothing but a right to privacy, which itself is nowhere to be found in the Constitution either. And I'm trying to think of any other women's rights that are being controlled or curtailed, help me out there.

No doubt there are many who do want to control or curtail a woman's rights, that might be a personality or mental disorder. But let's not conflate that with the millions who don't want that but are against abortion for other reasons. Namely, the rights of the unborn. It's hard to understand how anyone can be so callous as to disregard any thoughts or feelings about a new life for no other reason than he or she hasn't been born yet. For some it isn't at all about controlling or curtailing a woman's rights, it's about considering the rights of the baby inside her. It is a problem that she and her partner irresponsibly created, and could have avoided before or after the act. Maybe we as a society need to impress people with the fact that they are responsible for their actions and if they engage in unprotected sex then they might create a baby and they're going to have to deal with that situation.

Most of the time a woman that is unintentionally pregnant is just careless and they refuse an iud or something similar. They won't insist on a condom. Fail safe abortion has always been there. Now, they better wake up and pay attention.
Contraceptives are not 100% effective against pregnancy. Never have been.

Only steralizing surgeries are.

If you are a man YOU can NEVER get pregnant or EVER have to deal with any of the possible reasons that a woman may need or want to have one, you should step back & let women fight it out over what is best regarding this issue.

If police search one million people’s home without a warrant is that a big deal or not? It is a microscopic percentage of the people in this nation. What would be the big deal?

If the Government eavesdropped on a million people again without a warrant. Would it be a big deal? What’s the harm? Only a few would be affected.

When police beat confessions out of people it was defended using the same sort of language. The guilty needed to be encouraged to confess. We had to allow it to make sure we got the guilty. And it wasn’t happening to everyone. It was just a few. What was the problem?

When someone’s rights are violated. Even once. It is intolerable. The language of no big deal paves the path to totalitarian brutalities.

Either the rights matter. Or they don’t. If you say it doesn’t matter. It is just a few. Then you can not claim to be in favor of or a supporter of the Constitution.

What about the rights of the child to LIFE, LIBERTY and the PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS????????????

What about the rights of the child to LIFE, LIBERTY and the PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS????????????

For many people, this is what it boils down to: the Right sees a fetus as an unborn future human being with the attendant rights, while the Left sees a fetus as little more than a pimple to be removed. And for each of us the argument comes down to at what point (if any) does the unborn assume those rights, and under what circumstances (rape, etc.).
Some on the Right say that basic rights should be assigned at the moment of conception, and some on the Left say at birth. I think most people fall somewhere in between those 2 polar opposites. Some say a victim of rape or incest should be given some latitude, while others say no. If the unborn have a right to life, then an abortion is in fact murder. But if the unborn do not have a right to life then it's not murder, right?

Unfortunately, this issue along with everything else has become politicized; money and power are at stake here, thus muddying up the waters. I believe there is a case before the Supreme Court next month regarding a Mississippi law that sets the abortion limit at 15 weeks, beyond which an abortion is illegal. Maybe the ruling they issue for that law will answer some questions, at least temporarily. I think it's doubtful the issue will go away though, whichever way it turns out somebody is going to fight it. Will they end Roe v Wade? Dunno. IMHO, it was a poor decision that has no basis in the Constitution; the liberal SCOTUS at that time basically legislated the right to an abortion from the bench rather than in Congress or the states where it should have been decided. It was in effect judicial activism that IMHO ought to be overturned.

Last edited:
Their is no reason for anyone to "change their reproductive behavior" just to please a bunch of ignorant slobs and scumbags who don't even know them. Moreover, a
lot of these same scumbags have prevented people purposely from having access to contraception, and many women had ignorant parents who failed to educate them.

Americans should never have to tolerate a theocracy.

500,000 babies are killed every year...
But the same people who are in favor of abortion also say that parents who use corporal punishment (spanking) on their children should be severely punished...

Kinda incongruent IMHO.

And on more than one occasion Planned Parenthood has been caught selling human fetus parts to research scientist all over the world. (Which is in direct violation of the law and a disgusting practice with no real research value)

Contraceptives are usually around 80% effective and that is only for those who use the "best use practices" for instructions.... everyone else gets almost a coin toss for effectiveness. (They currently debate over vaccines which have had better results than most birth control methods with much fewer side effects than modern birth control methods even dreamed about....which is yet another incongruent behavior IMHO)

However...most abortions are matters of convenience (don't want another baby) and birth defects. (Parents unwilling to care for a child with birth defects... including such trivial things as hairlip)

We as a society suck...
Kill a child, but must not spank a child. Right. We are so screwed.
Democratic Serial Killer
View attachment 534961
Wonder where that hog found 21 men who were hard up enough to poke her.

Their is no reason for anyone to "change their reproductive behavior" just to please a bunch of ignorant slobs and scumbags who don't even know them. Moreover, a
lot of these same scumbags have prevented people purposely from having access to contraception, and many women had ignorant parents who failed to educate them.

America isn't a theocracy

America as a third world nation will change a lot of views. And we are heading there. What the hell do you think all of those people are heading here from Central and South America for.

America isn't a theocracy
I don't get how they think they can get away with trotting out that old crap about how, when anyone makes a moral decision, it has to be based on religion. I liked what my atheist nephew used to say -- as an atheist, it was important to him to be a good person even with no one watching.

Sigh. Morals.

For many people, this is what it boils down to: the Right sees a fetus as an unborn future human being with the attendant rights, while the Left sees a fetus as little more than a pimple to be removed. And for each of us the argument comes down to at what point (if any) does the unborn assume those rights, and under what circumstances (rape, etc.).
Some on the Right say that basic rights should be assigned at the moment of conception, and some on the Left say at birth. Some say a victim of rape or incest should be given some latitude, while others say no. If the unborn have a right to life, then an abortion is in fact murder. But if the unborn do not have a right to life then it's not murder, right?

Unfortunately, this issue along with everything else has become politicized; money and power are at stake here, thus muddying up the waters. I believe there is a case before the Supreme Court next month regarding a Mississippi law that sets the abortion limit at 15 weeks, beyond which an abortion is illegal. Maybe the ruling they issue for that law will answer some questions, at least temporarily. I think it's doubtful the issue will go away though, whichever way it turns out somebody is going to fight it. Will they end Roe v Wade? Dunno. IMHO, it was a poor decision that has no basis in the Constitution; the liberal SCOTUS at that time basically legislated the right to an abortion from the bench rather than in Congress or the states where it should have been decided. It was in effect judicial activism that IMHO ought to be overturned.

In case of rape or incest, there's the morning after pill and can prevent conception. In fact it's available to all women, even the irresponsible.

The abortion issue affects a microscopic percentage of the American public. So far less than one percent that it is virtually un-measurable. And if abortions were totally outlawed (which in Latin one might refer to as the status quo ante - the way things used to be), MOST of the affected women would merely and painlessly change their reproductive behavior to adapt. Aside from rape, there is no reason for any woman to become pregnant in this country, if she actually does not want to get pregnant. And certainly, organizations like Planned Parenthood would make contraception, sterilization, and meaningful advice available to all. The result of an absolute ban on abortions would be a couple thousand "unwanted babies" each year in our nation of more than 330 million - babies for whom adoptive homes could be easily found.

And yet any threat to the Court-given and totally illegitimate "right to abortion" is treated as though it is a threat to ALL WOMEN, and indeed to ALL AMERICANS!

This is bullshit, on steroids.

What is the Real Reason for the hysteria about this matter? Is it just a fundraising tool for Democrats? Do Democrats really suppose that the female population is too stupid and careless to react appropriately to restrictions (or a ban) on abortions?

The abortion issue affects 1/4 of American women. 1 in 4 American women will have an abortion by the time they're 40. That's a hell of a lot more than a "microscopic percentage of the American public. That's 1 in every 8 Americans.

ABORTION RIGHTS AFFECT EVERY WOMAN IN AMERICA, WHETHER OR NOT SHE EVER HAS AN ABORTION, BECAUSE WE DON'T KNOW WHETHER OR NOT WE MIGHT NEED ONE.

Forum List

Back