Seriously, What Should A Citizen Do In This Situation?

So you are saying that a cop can shoot a citizen if he raises his hands in the air and then he will get money from Republicans? What law is that? Where did you hear that nonsense from?

Ferguson and the Michael Brown case. Has everyone already forgotten about that?

Except that that wasn't what happened. Forensic evidence proves that Brown didn't have his hands up. Get a clue bozo.

Why do you flat out lie like this? This is where I tell you to link to the part of the report that backs you up. And if I look at the script your response is something to the effect of "do it yourself" or "dont have the time".

*Ahem* Link to the part of the report that backs up your claim.

Annnd go...

And your history shows that you ignore everything that doesn't support your beliefs. The links have been provided in numerous threads already on that subject.

Nailed it...You read your lines perfectly

So you are saying that a cop can shoot a citizen if he raises his hands in the air and then he will get money from Republicans? What law is that? Where did you hear that nonsense from?

Except that that wasn't what happened. Forensic evidence proves that Brown didn't have his hands up. Get a clue bozo.

Why do you flat out lie like this? This is where I tell you to link to the part of the report that backs you up. And if I look at the script your response is something to the effect of "do it yourself" or "dont have the time".

Annnd go...

And your history shows that you ignore everything that doesn't support your beliefs. The links have been provided in numerous threads already on that subject.

Meh, you are going to be wrong about the Brown case just as you were about Zimmerman. I don't give a shit what you think and this is beside the point of the thread. I was just pointing out the stupidity of the other guys post. I'll be laughing at you AGAIN when the Ferguson issue is over idiot.

Hands are connected to arms doofus.

Lol you really are a scientist :laugh:

No charge for educating you.

How about this one:

Arms can rotate and move around. When you're shot 6 times who knows what you're arms look like at any particular moment? Thus forensics cannot prove anything regarding where his hands were. Every article you find about it will point that out except your nutty teaper pages.

But I'm not about to get wrapped into another Michael Brown debate. We'll see what happens in court.

Annnd go...

Meh, you are going to be wrong about the Brown case just as you were about Zimmerman. I don't give a shit what you think and this is beside the point of the thread. I was just pointing out the stupidity of the other guys post. I'll be laughing at you AGAIN when the Ferguson issue is over idiot.

Sorry buddy, I was right on Zimmerman. He got off just like I thought he would because its typical.

I only asked you to prove what you stated earlier and you type a paragraph about everything else. Do you want to read your lines again?

Annnd go...

Ok, does it move into obstruction of justice? Check this out:
http://le.alcoda.org/publications/point_of_view/files/Hiibel.pdf

Walking down the street to get coffee is not probable cause.

Probable cause would be the ONLY reason he could be legally detained in that situation.

They were looking for a suspect, yes?
He didn't ask. He launched into a diatribe.

He didn't ask what?

Never mind I rewatched it. He asks several times. Still no sympathy.

Yea not much sympathy from me either. If it was true she had a gun aimed at him then maybe.
Ok, does it move into obstruction of justice? Check this out:
http://le.alcoda.org/publications/point_of_view/files/Hiibel.pdf

Walking down the street to get coffee is not probable cause.

Probable cause would be the ONLY reason he could be legally detained in that situation.

He didn't ask. He launched into a diatribe.

He did ask and also asked if he was being detained. The officer said No and added "but I need to speak with you" called backup and they had tazers on him

Corrected that. Tasers or guns, that's an easy one.

They SAID they were looking for a suspect. Then by the end you'll notice they say "this isnt the guy" and you know how they figured it out? Because their "suspect" supposedly had a neck tattoo.

Now, are you saying they werent able to see this guys neck then entire time?

It doesnt make sense if you believe there was a suspect to begin with. But if you consider they were simply making up a reason now all of their actions and excuses make total sense

Look at the position of the officer that looked for the tatoo. She may have been the only one that got a good enough angle on him to catch it. Maybe.

That said I want to tell you something. There are a group of people that are attempting to privatize the police. That is the primary goal. They will take every opportunity to amplify or create a problem where technically there is none or something not worth defending. I am not saying that these people had anything to do with the video, far from it. I am saying that they would use this or the emotions of others to do so. I am not accusing you of any such thing either.

We are at a crossroads. If the intention is to strip the police of any authority then that should be outlined clearly. That is where this is headed. Every encounter must be scrutinized and the actions of one cannot be used for the whole. Now, show me a case where the individual has been denied medical care or beaten or evidence suppressed or clear violations then ok.
I'm just taking this stuff on an even keel. Because I do not support in any way, shape or form the privatization of ANY aspect of the criminal justice system. Any.

Annnd go...

Sorry buddy, I was right on Zimmerman. He got off just like I thought he would because its typical.

I only asked you to prove what you stated earlier and you type a paragraph about everything else. Do you want to read your lines again?

Annnd go...

As I said. It's been linked to and talked over a dozen times in other threads yet you pretend to know otherwise. Just like I said, you don't recognise anything that doesn't support your beliefs.

Now, wanna go back the topic of the thread?

That's what I am talking about. Even so, had the guy been cooperative in the beginning and not been an asshole then I might say...........yep, you were jacked. Instead, he launched into a diatribe that demonstrates his intention to provoke a situation.

He claims she had a gun on him. That sounds to me like it was already a situation.

He had every opportunity to defuse the situation and chose not to. Instead he chose to escalate the situation to prove.........what?
His rights???!!! bowing down to authority without question is a very bad thing.

Again. Does California have a law on the books about proving his identity?
I didn't watch the video, but to answer your question, the Supreme court has ruled that NO ONE IS REQUIRED to provide ID to the police if on foot, or if in someone's car that they are not driving, or if on your own property or if in the Public Square.... in some States, they are required to verbally give their name, but even that has exceptions....if you believe your name can incriminate you, for some strange reason, then you are not required to give that on just a questioning by cop....

I can't see the video but am going to assume based on who posted it that he's being arrested/harassed and he's black?

Wonder if the tc would have come to my defense on the two occasions I was wrongfully arrested? Doubtful, I'm the wrong color. No Jesse Jacksons or Al Sharptons. Just a jail cell overnight & a release without being charged with a crime.

Once for being in a bar while I was on an out of state school contract. After work of course. The bar was raided for drugs and despite being from out of town & proving it I was arrested anyways.

Once for refusing to tell a cop MY NAME while I was on my own property.

Apparently being white is a crime right?

See what happens when you assume bitch? You make an ass out of yourself like you did in prison dummy
If I'm wrong it's only because of your pathetic race baiting & hustling on this site. That is your history.

I can't see the video but am going to assume based on who posted it that he's being arrested/harassed and he's black?

Wonder if the tc would have come to my defense on the two occasions I was wrongfully arrested? Doubtful, I'm the wrong color. No Jesse Jacksons or Al Sharptons. Just a jail cell overnight & a release without being charged with a crime.

Once for being in a bar while I was on an out of state school contract. After work of course. The bar was raided for drugs and despite being from out of town & proving it I was arrested anyways.

See what happens when you assume bitch? You make an ass out of yourself like you did in prison dummy
If I'm wrong it's only because of your pathetic race baiting & hustling on this site. That is your history.

Any excuse will do when you're wrong dumb fucker

Shut up you racist twat

Annnd go...

Annnd go...

As I said. It's been linked to and talked over a dozen times in other threads yet you pretend to know otherwise. Just like I said, you don't recognise anything that doesn't support your beliefs.

Good you're getting better at that. Its coming off more natural. Just so you know in the future...when you are told to back up shit that comes out your mouth...Replying with "its been done before" isnt proof and hurts your cred.

Shut up you racist twat

I love this. You scream about racism. Find out you're wrong and I wont defend people of other races (wrong again). Then when you find out you're wrong twice you go onto keep digging the hole by calling me racist in a thread where I am defending another race entirely.

Good job bro. Good job

That's what I am talking about. Even so, had the guy been cooperative in the beginning and not been an asshole then I might say...........yep, you were jacked. Instead, he launched into a diatribe that demonstrates his intention to provoke a situation.

He claims she had a gun on him. That sounds to me like it was already a situation.

He had every opportunity to defuse the situation and chose not to. Instead he chose to escalate the situation to prove.........what?

I didn't watch the video, but to answer your question, the Supreme court has ruled that NO ONE IS REQUIRED to provide ID to the police if on foot, or if in someone's car that they are not driving, or if on your own property or if in the Public Square.... in some States, they are required to verbally give their name, but even that has exceptions....if you believe your name can incriminate you, for some strange reason, then you are not required to give that on just a questioning by cop....
Stop and identify statutes - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Annnd go...

Good you're getting better at that. Its coming off more natural. Just so you know in the future...when you are told to back up shit that comes out your mouth...Replying with "its been done before" isnt proof and hurts your cred.
ZZZZZZzzzzzzzz.........

Stop and identify statutes - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
yep, they do NOT have to show an ID, but they do need to give them their name....
The question whether it is constitutionally permissible for the police to demand that a detainee provide his or her name was considered by the U.S. Supreme Court in Hiibel v. Sixth Judicial District Court of Nevada, 542 U.S. 177 (2004), which held that the name disclosure did not violate the Fourth Amendment prohibition on unreasonable searches and seizures. The Hiibel Court also held that, because Hiibel had no reasonable belief that his name would be used to incriminate him, the name disclosure did not violate the Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination; however, the Court left open the possibility that Fifth Amendment right might apply in situations where there was a reasonable belief that giving a name could be incriminating.[2] The Court accepted the Nevada supreme court's interpretation of the Nevada statute that a detained person could satisfy the Nevada law by simply stating his name.

Watched it One aggressive move toward me or put his hands in his pockets again he would have rode the lightning.

Ask. Tell. Make.

He was agitated, abusive and aggressive much like meth or PCP users. He needed a ride to a suitable facility for his own safety and evaluation.

He got lucky and off easy.

Forum List

Back