"Set Up A Perimeter And Wait For S.W.A.T."

i heard that the deputy was getting ready to retire . The latest year he made over a hundred thousand and normally its a base salary of 75 thousand and then overtime and benefits .

That's a scam public employees use to scam the retirement system and get a fatter pension than they earned. Overtime is largely funneled to people nearing retirement, that's how they end up getting paid more from their pension than they did working.

actually
I think we should send in a time traveler...
like Mr Spock?
That's Ambassador Spock to you...
what about John Wayne,,,im sure he would of made sure that loonatic would of never got the chance to shoot one bullet
After a lung transplant...and a hold on the action while he caught his breathe..
I also wish Clint Eastwood was there,,just hiding behind a near by locker,,,i think we all know what he would of said to the shooter as he wound up on his knees
Play Misty for me?

actually
like Mr Spock?
That's Ambassador Spock to you...
what about John Wayne,,,im sure he would of made sure that loonatic would of never got the chance to shoot one bullet
After a lung transplant...and a hold on the action while he caught his breathe..
I also wish Clint Eastwood was there,,just hiding behind a near by locker,,,i think we all know what he would of said to the shooter as he wound up on his knees
Play Misty for me?
lets be thankful Sol Rosenburg wasnt the armed floor patrol at the time, god only knows who or what he would of shot at

Come on. You're being disingenuous now. There's no disputing the ballistic characteristics of a .223 FMJ on "midsize game." Is the .223 more damaging than it's predecessor the .308? Probably not, but I haven't read any studies and don't plan on doing my own. Still, there's a reason the US military went to the .223 for a weapon lethal and easy to train civilians who don't come from hunting backgrounds like they did in the first half of the last century.

The .308 isn't the predecessor to the .223/5.56.....it's the civilian version of the 7.62, a much heavier round. And the reason the US Military went to to the 5.56 is it's accuracy and wounding power vs knock-down power. Stupid because a twig will alter it's course to target and the bolt carriers rusted in wet conditions ie Vietnam.

Last edited:
It's the go to gun for mass shootings. The civilian M-14 is a lot more expensive, and harder to shoot, but you can probably take out cop cars. And the handy dandy pump 12 guage available for around 250 and under will give you about 54 .380 round balls without reloading. And neither is much use in chasing varmits off your farm or horse pasture.

OO 2 3/4 inch buckshot is 9 .33 caliber pellets.

Like I predicted earlier, Peterson isn't about to take the fall for his cowardice and it only took him 13 days to come up with it!

Peterson contends he took up a position outside Building 12 at the school after rushing over to respond to a report of firecrackers, "and not gunfire."

"The allegations that Mr. Peterson was a coward and that his performance, under the circumstances, failed to meet the standards of police officers are patently untrue."
- Joseph DiRuzzo, Scot Peterson’s lawyer

Once he got to the building, Peterson said he “heard gunshots but believed that those gunshots were originating from outside of any of the buildings on the school campus."

“BSO trains its officers that in the event of outdoor gunfire one is to seek cover and assess the situation in order to communicate what one observes with other law enforcement," the statement said.

He said he was the first Broward deputy to dispatch on police radio shots were being fired, and he told a first-arriving Coral Springs officer he “thought that the shots were coming from outside.” That arriving officer then took up a tactical position behind a tree with his rifle.

“Radio transmissions indicated that there were a gunshot victim in the area of the football field, which served to confirm Mr. Peterson’s belief that the shooter, or shooters, were outside,” according to the statement.

He also said he “had the presence of mind” to have school officials review cameras at the facility “to locate the shooter" and obtain a description for law enforcement.

Peterson resigned last week after Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel accused him of failing to confront the shooter.

His lawyer blasted Israel for his criticism of the officer, adding that judgment should be withheld until the investigation into the school shooting is complete.

"It is our understanding that Sheriff Israel acknowledged that the investigation remains on-going and that 'nvestigations will not be rushed or asked to jump to conclusions.' But this is exactly what Sheriff Israel did, he jumped to a conclusion regarding Mr. Peterson’s performance on February 14th

Florida deputy who didn't enter school during mass shooting is not 'a coward,' lawyer says

Last edited:
All this does is show us the complexity of these kind of attacks and how none of them were prepared to take on an AK47 or an AR15 assault rifle and crazy shooter....

is there any good plan that would work, without getting the cops killed or more innocent children killed?

hard to say.....

the whole thing is just madness!! :eek:

in my opinion, if he was just put away before the incident, or not allowed to get his hands so easily on an assault weapon so that the incident did not occur in the first place, is the way to keep fewer people from seeing their Creator prematurely....
There's only 1/500 of second difference between that AR and the deputies pistol
They would have had plenty of fire power to take out the lefts newest poster boy
One AR15 bullet to an organ, explodes the organ in to smithereens....that is not the case with a pistol, most lives can be saved, even if hit in an organ like a kidney....

Duwatnow?
Explode?
Now we have .223 rounds that explode organs?
Good God almighty, do you even look things up before you post? Or do you just eat up the alternative facts of make believe?

I was taught, when I went to basic training, and started basic rifle marksmanship, on what and why the standard round used by the military was the 5.56 (.223 caliber) and it isn't to necessary kill, but to injury and incapacitate the enemy.
Let me learn you something here...
The rounds are used because once penetration is achieved (once you have been shot) and if not lethal, the projectile (the individual bullet) is designed to expand and tumble along a bone, causing substantial damage. More often than not, the initial engagement is lethal in nature as soldiers are taught to shot center mass, However, should initial shot not be lethal it's just as well, due to someone having to assist the injured enemy combatant..... normally those immediately around said injured enemy.

If any organs "explode" as you claim, it would be due to kinetic energy. Not an exploding round.

All this does is show us the complexity of these kind of attacks and how none of them were prepared to take on an AK47 or an AR15 assault rifle and crazy shooter....

is there any good plan that would work, without getting the cops killed or more innocent children killed?

hard to say.....

in my opinion, if he was just put away before the incident, or not allowed to get his hands so easily on an assault weapon so that the incident did not occur in the first place, is the way to keep fewer people from seeing their Creator prematurely....
They would have had plenty of fire power to take out the lefts newest poster boy
One AR15 bullet to an organ, explodes the organ in to smithereens....that is not the case with a pistol, most lives can be saved, even if hit in an organ like a kidney....

Duwatnow?
Explode?
Good God almighty, do you even look things up before you post? Or do you just eat up the alternative facts of make believe?

I was taught, when I went to basic training, and started basic rifle marksmanship, on what and why the standard round used by the military was the 5.56 (.223 caliber) and it isn't to necessary kill, but to injury and incapacitate the enemy.
The rounds are used because once penetration is achieved (once you have been shot) and if not lethal, the projectile (the individual bullet) is designed to expand and tumble along a bone, causing substantial damage. More often than not, the initial engagement is lethal in nature as soldiers are taught to shot center mass, However, should initial shot not be lethal it's just as well, due to someone having to assist the injured enemy combatant..... normally those immediately around said injured enemy.

If any organs "explode" as you claim, it would be due to kinetic energy. Not an exploding round.
But I didn't say the bullet explodes, I said the organ it hits or passes through does...just as the doctor explains....and you mentioned in the very end of your post.

hard to say.....

Duwatnow?
Explode?

But I didn't say the bullet explodes, I said the organ it hits or passes through does...just as the doctor explains....and you mentioned in the very end of your post.

Ok, I'll give it to you, you did not say the bullet explodes. My bad. Reading comprehension on my part.
However.
Most of the pistol's out there are of larger caliber than a .223 with a much greater chance of "exploding" an organ due to mass and energy.

Shot is shot, and impact of the round, depending on what manner of matter it passes through, how much the round expands upon entry, will determine if you have or don't have an organ after being shot..... regardless of caliber, and or manner in which you are shot.

Shot is shot, and impact of the round, depending on what manner of matter it passes through, how much the round expands upon entry, will determine if you have or don't have an organ after being shot..... regardless of caliber, and or manner in which you are shot.

I like to ask the AR gun-grabbers if they're really that frightened of a souped up .22 and they always look puzzled and have to say no. I have a brown poplar/birch wood stock Ruger Mini-14 and women say it's "pretty" when it's the same .223 round as it's evil black cousin. :badgrin:

Last edited:
Wait until he runs the ballistic tips rounds on a pumpkin. :lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back