sex on the first date

Would you continue dating/marry someone you had sex with on the first night?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sex is something that should be reserved for marriage. That's not just a Christian view point, it's just common sense. Think about it. How many problems would disappear if everyone waited until they were married, or at LEAST until they made the commitment to marry. How many lives have been ruined because someone couldn't wait? How many babies have been murdered in the womb because of it?

That is from not using protection, in most instances, I would think. Smart people know how to protect themselves against pregnancy and disease.

The only prevention that is one hundred percent is abstinence. BTW. The failure rate of condoms is 12%. Did you know that? And the simple fact is that most don't use any kind of protection. So where does that leave us? We have become a morally degenerate society. We encourage kids to have sex, then murder their babies before they are born. No. The best policy is abstinence. You can't refute that.

I can and I do refute that. That is an unrealistic expectation for MOST people.

What is unrealistic about it? If children are raised with the right moral guidelines, they will wait until they are married. I was raised in a Christian home. I have three sisters who were virgins when they were married. I guess to people like you, that's unnatural. And is it any more unrealistic than expecting two teenagers to use protection? You see. Their is a little something most people don't even know exists. It's called morality. It works. You should try it sometime.

I'm not a Christian and I don't think of sex as "immoral" but as a natural human way to show affection and intimacy.

I think of it as a fun way to enjoy another person's company. And, I don't really attach much of an emotional response to it, because it's more biological than anything else.

If I like someone, and we get along and they ask if I wanna, 98 percent of the time, I'll say "sure". The other 2 percent, I'm either very sick or physically incapacitated and can't do anything.

And sex is only "immoral" if the dogma of your particular belief system restricts you to that.

The only prevention that is one hundred percent is abstinence. BTW. The failure rate of condoms is 12%. Did you know that? And the simple fact is that most don't use any kind of protection. So where does that leave us? We have become a morally degenerate society. We encourage kids to have sex, then murder their babies before they are born. No. The best policy is abstinence. You can't refute that.

What is unrealistic about it? If children are raised with the right moral guidelines, they will wait until they are married. I was raised in a Christian home. I have three sisters who were virgins when they were married. I guess to people like you, that's unnatural. And is it any more unrealistic than expecting two teenagers to use protection? You see. Their is a little something most people don't even know exists. It's called morality. It works. You should try it sometime.

What makes Christian morals better than Buddhist morals? Or Taoist, or Jewish, for that matter?

Tell you what. Show me one societal ill, that is the result of human action, that is not contrary to what the Bible teaches about morality. You can't.

What if a person never marries? Should that person live a sexless life?

I just turned 50. I've never been married, and I've never had sex. I guess this is the part where you call me a liar. That's OK. It's the truth. People are not ruled by their hormones. Like I said. If children are raised right, they will not engage in immoral behavior.

That is from not using protection, in most instances, I would think. Smart people know how to protect themselves against pregnancy and disease.

I'm not a Christian and I don't think of sex as "immoral" but as a natural human way to show affection and intimacy.
So how old should one be then? Can I have sex with a 12 year old? I mean, it's perfectly natural. Right?

We already have laws to cover those kinds of problems. Adults having sex with children has consequences for the children. That is not the same as two consenting adults agreeing to have sex with one another. We are talking about consenting adults here.

What makes Christian morals better than Buddhist morals? Or Taoist, or Jewish, for that matter?

Tell you what. Show me one societal ill, that is the result of human action, that is not contrary to what the Bible teaches about morality. You can't.

I just turned 50. I've never been married, and I've never had sex. I guess this is the part where you call me a liar. That's OK. It's the truth. People are not ruled by their hormones. Like I said. If children are raised right, they will not engage in immoral behavior.

I won't call you a liar, because I really don't care. That's your problem. :D Some people happen to enjoy sex, and the intimacy they share with their partner.

So how old should one be then? Can I have sex with a 12 year old? I mean, it's perfectly natural. Right?

Hyperbolic argument. You are currently legally able to have sex only with those over the age of 18.

And no, sex isn't "perfectly natural" for someone who is 12, because they don't have the experience or the physical ability to understand what is going on or to reproduce (unless they hit puberty early).

Hyperbolic argument. You are currently legally able to have sex only with those over the age of 18.

And no, sex isn't "perfectly natural" for someone who is 12, because they don't have the experience or the physical ability to understand what is going on or to reproduce (unless they hit puberty early).

Some girls are menstruating by age 9 or 10. Ability to do something doesn't mean you should. Like you said, a child doesn't have the emotional/mental capacities to handle an adult intimate relationship.

I think of it as a fun way to enjoy another person's company. And, I don't really attach much of an emotional response to it, because it's more biological than anything else.

If I like someone, and we get along and they ask if I wanna, 98 percent of the time, I'll say "sure". The other 2 percent, I'm either very sick or physically incapacitated and can't do anything.

And sex is only "immoral" if the dogma of your particular belief system restricts you to that.

Sex is not immoral. What's immoral is who and when you have it with. It's not just religious either. Their are tribes in Africa that have similar morals that are not based on religion. Such morals used to be widespread in this country. Teen pregnancies were almost unheard of. That's because they didn't spread their legs as soon as they knew what their twat was for.

Some girls are menstruating by age 9 or 10. Ability to do something doesn't mean you should. Like you said, a child doesn't have the emotional/mental capacities to handle an adult intimate relationship.

None of what you said changes the fact that abstinence is the best course. If one is not mature enough to support a family, then they should not engage in behavior that would create one.

None of what you said changes the fact that abstinence is the best course. If one is not mature enough to support a family, then they should not engage in behavior that would create one.

In the case of children having sex, I would agree. Adults are well aware of the risks and it is their choice to take such risks. People have always had sex out of wedlock, hate to inform you. :D Teen pregnancies have actually been on the decline since the 1970s.

I won't call you a liar, because I really don't care. That's your problem. :D Some people happen to enjoy sex, and the intimacy they share with their partner.

Do they also enjoy the unwanted pregnancies and STD's they get? Sexually transmitted disease could virtually be wiped out if everyone would just wait until they get married. Tell me I'm wrong.

Abstinence might be the best way to prevent pregnancy, but it isn't the most practical.

In one foster family I lived in for a few years, they were a deeply religious family (Baptist), but the daughter was a total hose beast. She did almost everyone in the school who was popular.

The Mormon family (of which the father was a Deacon in the church) that lived just down the road had a daughter named Melanie who was every bit as much of a hose beast as well.

Nope...............being religious doesn't mean that the kids aren't going to figure out a way to have sex.

In the case of children having sex, I would agree. Adults are well aware of the risks and it is their choice to take such risks. People have always had sex out of wedlock, hate to inform you. :D Teen pregnancies have actually been on the decline since the 1970s.

Only because abortions are so readily available. You don't even need your parents permission if you're a minor.

Do they also enjoy the unwanted pregnancies and STD's they get? Sexually transmitted disease could virtually be wiped out if everyone would just wait until they get married. Tell me I'm wrong.

Most people who use protection don't get an STD.

Plenty of instances where married people pass disease to one another. They cheat and always have. I think you have an idealistic view of the world that is really not the case at all. Desiring sex is normal for people. Some people are going to give into those temptations.

Abstinence might be the best way to prevent pregnancy, but it isn't the most practical.

In one foster family I lived in for a few years, they were a deeply religious family (Baptist), but the daughter was a total hose beast. She did almost everyone in the school who was popular.

The Mormon family (of which the father was a Deacon in the church) that lived just down the road had a daughter named Melanie who was every bit as much of a hose beast as well.

Nope...............being religious doesn't mean that the kids aren't going to figure out a way to have sex.

That's not what I said. The Bible says to raise up a child in the way they should go, and when they are old they will not depart from it. Apparently those parents did a poor job of raising them.

Plenty of instances where married people pass disease to one another. They cheat and always have. I think you have an idealistic view of the world that is really not the case at all. Desiring sex is normal for people. Some people are going to give into those temptations.

So, by your reasoning murder is OK because people are going to give in to temptation and do it anyway?

So, by your reasoning murder is OK because people are going to give in to temptation and do it anyway?

What??? Holy smokes. Well, I can see that you are one of the "crazy" ones, so bye-bye now. Lol.

Would you continue dating/marry a significant other you had sex with on the first date?
Is used to be taboo, but people are slowly opening their minds to the most natural human act available.
Personally, it wouldn't bother me.

Sex is something that should be reserved for marriage. That's not just a Christian view point, it's just common sense. Think about it. How many problems would disappear if everyone waited until they were married, or at LEAST until they made the commitment to marry. How many lives have been ruined because someone couldn't wait? How many babies have been murdered in the womb because of it?
I'm 66. I'm not going to make any more babies. I'm taking my next lady for a test drive, thank you.

What??? Holy smokes. Well, I can see that you are one of the "crazy" ones, so bye-bye now. Lol.

Not crazy. Just using an extreme example. But it's the same reasoning. Is it not? To say it's OK because they're going to have sex anyway is just plain stupid. Wouldn't it be better to instill moral values in our youngsters instead?

Not crazy. Just using an extreme example. But it's the same reasoning. Is it not? To say it's OK because they're going to have sex anyway is just plain stupid. Wouldn't it be better to instill moral values in our youngsters instead?

It is not reasoning. Sex is not a crime. Sex is not immoral. It is a normal human act.

I would only consider it an "immoral" act if you were married to someone else and cheating on that person. THAT is immoral and shitty. Two single adult people having sex is fine. There is nothing wrong with it.

Forum List

Back