"Sexual Harassment"

I'm actually amazed that so many men have the self-control to not go around grabbing asses and tits with the way some women dress, never mind a whistle or a comment.

Do women actually have the nerve to get offended if they are showing it all, and a guy walking by decides to compliment them on their evident desire to be desired, by saying. "Nice tits, lady" ?

Would think with women who get their breasts augmented at least "Nice tits." wouldn't be out of line. :)

I would go with: You look like a professional model!
Why not show some manners and taste.
The words you use reflect back on you,
so why come across like a pig instead of a gentleman?

Did you know that when originally coined 'gentleman' WAS an insult? :) Personally, I would never compliment augmented breasts thinking they look like big cysts. Breasts are supposed to move and yes, sag a little bit, not just sit there hard and stiff.

In quotes because I think our hyper-PC culture is going too far of late about such claims. Other day some resident teen boy here was whistling at women by the pool. It reminded me of some documentary a woman made where she walked around city streets and confronts men whistling or making suggestive remarks at her on her video camera. Her assertion being it's disrespectful and/or sexual harassment. Here's my problem with it in general, if women don't want their appearence brought up in flattering ways why do they dress in ways which emphasize or accentuate their femininity? They show they bare legs, wear tops that reveal their clevage, and wear make-up like lipstick which is meant to symbolize their labias. Whereas men aren't wearing clothes showing their six-pack abs or muscles, as in at work I mean. Yet women both use their sexuality in the professional world for their advantage but then cry foul if anyone dares mention it. That's a complete double-standard.

I'm not saying they're asking for it so much as they're being hypocritical about it a lot of the time. If you don't want you physical body commented on, leered at, or whistled at, dress as conservatively as your male counterparts. Then at least if it still happens you actually have a case.

You've posted in the wrong forum.

This is subjective opinion, having nothing to do with the law.

Sexual Harassment

It is unlawful to harass a person (an applicant or employee) because of that person’s sex. Harassment can include “sexual harassment” or unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical harassment of a sexual nature.Harassment does not have to be of a sexual nature, however, and can include offensive remarks about a person’s sex. For example, it is illegal to harass a woman by making offensive comments about women in general. Both victim and the harasser can be either a woman or a man, and the victim and harasser can be the same sex.

Although the law doesn’t prohibit simple teasing, offhand comments, or isolated incidents that are not very serious, harassment is illegal when it is so frequent or severe that it creates a hostile or offensive work environment or when it results in an adverse employment decision (such as the victim being fired or demoted). The harasser can be the victim's supervisor, a supervisor in another area, a co-worker, or someone who is not an employee of the employer, such as a client or customer..

Sexual Harassment

Otherwise, your post is idiocy.

In quotes because I think our hyper-PC culture is going too far of late about such claims. Other day some resident teen boy here was whistling at women by the pool. It reminded me of some documentary a woman made where she walked around city streets and confronts men whistling or making suggestive remarks at her on her video camera. Her assertion being it's disrespectful and/or sexual harassment. Here's my problem with it in general, if women don't want their appearence brought up in flattering ways why do they dress in ways which emphasize or accentuate their femininity? They show they bare legs, wear tops that reveal their clevage, and wear make-up like lipstick which is meant to symbolize their labias. Whereas men aren't wearing clothes showing their six-pack abs or muscles, as in at work I mean. Yet women both use their sexuality in the professional world for their advantage but then cry foul if anyone dares mention it. That's a complete double-standard.

I'm not saying they're asking for it so much as they're being hypocritical about it a lot of the time. If you don't want you physical body commented on, leered at, or whistled at, dress as conservatively as your male counterparts. Then at least if it still happens you actually have a case.

Okay, seriously, you need to come up for air.

While I certainly live by the maxim "I wouldn't have shown it if I didn't want you to look", there's an ENORMOUS difference between "bringing appearance up in flattering ways" and whistling, hooting, and hollering at a total stranger on the fucking street. That isn't flattering, and you're a socially backward Neanderthal if you think otherwise.

On the subject of being a socially-backward Neanderthal, by the way, your comments on female dress smack of a leaning toward some seriously Muslim fundamentalist ways of thinking. The idea that a woman is being sexual in her form of dress if she's not wearing skirts to her ankles and collars up to her earlobes and no makeup at all is very Sharia of you. Contemplate the possibility that she's dressing for her own comfort, or for her own enjoyment, and didn't actually give a single thought to you or what you might like. It's hotter than Hell where I live most of the time, and I wear shorts because I can't bear the feel of any more cloth on my skin in the heat, not because I'm trying to impress some dweeb on the street with no more civilization than a horny stray dog.

Furthermore, men don't dress for attractiveness by exposing their physicality - generally speaking - but that's only because MEN aren't judged by that standard. When men dress to attract the opposite sex, they do it by projecting an appearance of financial affluence, and THEY have the luxury of trying to look attractive without having to tolerate crass, ill-mannered boors whooping and drooling and making crude comments at them.

I am completely unabashed and unashamed of my sexual appeal. I like being beautiful, I like wearing flattering clothes and makeup, and I like knowing that men give me admiring looks and women clutch their boyfriends and husbands tighter when I enter the room. That being said, I do NOT like being unable to walk from my house to the fucking convenience store on the corner without some dipshit in a skeezy car honking and yelling shit out his window at me. That is NOT flattering. It is low-class, creepy, and in the right atmosphere, vaguely threatening and alarming.

Learn the difference.

I'm actually amazed that so many men have the self-control to not go around grabbing asses and tits with the way some women dress, never mind a whistle or a comment.

Do women actually have the nerve to get offended if they are showing it all, and a guy walking by decides to compliment them on their evident desire to be desired, by saying. "Nice tits, lady" ?

Unless she's walking down the street in nothing but a pair of tasseled pasties, I feel certain she's not "showing it all" or in any way asking for someone to comment on her "tits".

Are there actually men who think they deserve some sort of award for self-control? It's that much of an achievement for you to not physically molest total strangers?

Would think with women who get their breasts augmented at least "Nice tits." wouldn't be out of line. :)

You would be wrong. Consider the possibility that your opinion of someone else's body is NEVER requested or desired, until and unless they actually walk up to you and say, "What do you think of my new tits".

Red lips are well-known to be symbolic of a woman's labia 'lips.' This isn't new, but here's some scientific evidence about it if you need convincing:

Psychological study reveals that red enhances men's attraction to women

full study text here,
Journal of Personality and Social Psychology®

Actually, genius, lipstick is intended to mimic the appearance of young, healthy lips. Whether or not nature intended for the lips on a woman's head to mimic the labia, I couldn't say. Whether or not men are thinking of vaginas when looking at a woman's mouth, I don't even want to know.

quote=dilloduck;9337834]

Indeed----and now we have "stare rape". :doubt:

Almost.
Staring at/leering at any woman is a crime.

NY Bill Will Make Staring at Women a Crime; New Anti-Father Virginia Law; Two Heroic Wives[/QUOTE]

A crime? No. Incredibly bad behavior? Definitely. Moms used to teach their kids that staring was rude and pointing was totally unacceptable. It wasn't even necessary back then to address the issue of whistling and hollering.

Because at that moment, I am a lusting pig. Personally I would never say anything because I would consider it an insult to my wife. But some women don't dress so much like a professional model, unless of course their paychecks are signed by Larry Flynt.

Just because you're a lusting pig, whatever convinced you of the fact that I wanted to hear about it?

If you think she looks like a slut, fine. THINK it. But resist the urge to SAY it, because unless she asked, your opinion is not wanted and does not need to be expressed.

Did you know that when originally coined 'gentleman' WAS an insult? :) Personally, I would never compliment augmented breasts thinking they look like big cysts. Breasts are supposed to move and yes, sag a little bit, not just sit there hard and stiff.

And unless you paid for the breast augmentation, your opinion is not requested or desired.

...Furthermore, men don't dress for attractiveness by exposing their physicality - generally speaking - but that's only because MEN aren't judged by that standard. When men dress to attract the opposite sex, they do it by projecting an appearance of financial affluence, and THEY have the luxury of trying to look attractive without having to tolerate crass, ill-mannered boors whooping and drooling and making crude comments at them....
.. except if you're Mitt Romney running for President, and the main way to turning public opinion against you is to criticize you for being wealthy.

I tried to point out it is just as wrong to judge people as criminal for being poor,
as it is to judge people as criminal for being rich. But once people get that image in their mind, it doesn't matter.
they keep projecting their opinion on people who "represent" the group they blame.

If people have their own motives they are projecting
YES they can mock a man like Mitt Romney for his wealthy appearance
(and selectively decide not to complain about the Obama's or Clinton's for
misdealings with wealth for conflicts of interest)

Politics can make enemies or targets out of anyone, male or female.

As for targeting females, I saw as many women attacking either Clinton or Palin
with sexist remarks not only their dress/appearance but whole persona. so it isn't just men attacking women, women who don't respect
other women can be just as brutal if not more.

Last edited:

Sexual Harassment

It is unlawful to harass a person (an applicant or employee) because of that person’s sex. Harassment can include “sexual harassment” or unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical harassment of a sexual nature.Harassment does not have to be of a sexual nature, however, and can include offensive remarks about a person’s sex. For example, it is illegal to harass a woman by making offensive comments about women in general. Both victim and the harasser can be either a woman or a man, and the victim and harasser can be the same sex.

Although the law doesn’t prohibit simple teasing, offhand comments, or isolated incidents that are not very serious, harassment is illegal when it is so frequent or severe that it creates a hostile or offensive work environment or when it results in an adverse employment decision (such as the victim being fired or demoted). The harasser can be the victim's supervisor, a supervisor in another area, a co-worker, or someone who is not an employee of the employer, such as a client or customer..

Sexual Harassment

It has everything to do with the law.

NY Bill Will Make Staring at Women a Crime; New Anti-Father Virginia Law; Two Heroic Wives

NY Bill Will Make Staring at Women a Crime;

[MENTION=46449]Delta4Embassy[/MENTION]

I also heard that "nunnery" used to refer to a house of ill repute.
(The way the Catholic Church has run into trouble with priests, some things never change.)

As for comparing someone with a model,
the way a lot of models are criticized as fake,
that's not necessarily a compliment but could be interpreted either way.

I tend to agree with Cecile, if you can't say something nice and friendly
why say anything. If you want to say something, there's always a better way.

What would you want or not want someone to say to you in such a situation?
Isn't the natural rule to treat others with respect as you want to be?

Last edited:
It has everything to do with the law.

NY Bill Will Make Staring at Women a Crime; New Anti-Father Virginia Law; Two Heroic Wives

NY Bill Will Make Staring at Women a Crime;

I can understand the laws against voyeurism.
But not sure how anyone expects to police a neighbor looking out their window
and seeing someone undressing by their window.

Can't they police this by whether someone invaded their space or used
a camera to intrude and/or capture their image without consent.

For the man standing by the subway to look up women's dresses,
can't he be cited for loitering too close to the stairs as a safety hazard.

If they don't word the laws more specifically it sounds too broad and vague --
like the AZ immigration bill that tried to ban "hand signals" to pick up workers for jobs,
or the Houston ordinance that could fine people for harassment or discrimination for asking questions to transgender in the public restrooms.

Laws that are too broad infringe on freedoms of people with no criminal or abusive intent.
I think this is a matter of legislative activism, and not taking the time to resolve real issues.
It seems more about making laws in order to publicize the issue in the media, and not paying enough attention to the content of the law in correcting the problems directly.

Then why does she not dress like a lady, not a streetwalker?

The best way to deal with such a display is to ignore the person and deny them the attention they seek...same as dealing with trolls on this board.

Sexual Harassment

Sexual Harassment

Indeed. Surely the dumbest thing Delta has ever written.

According to this bunch of Neanderthals, men rape because women wear lipstick and short skirts.

Why, they just can't help but rape her.

There is no '*hyper-PC culture,' in fact, the notion of 'political correctness' is a myth, the fact that it has nothing to do with sexual harassment law is proof of that.

Forum List

Back