*shameful* The Fed outs Filmmaker

Doc, why would there be an "ongoing investigation"? What law was broken?

Pixie, while I agree that it's BS that there is an investigation to begin with, because there IS an investigation the film maker is not guaranteed anonymity

Investigation? If they are investigating someone, that does not give our government the right to divulge any information, till all their ducks are in a row, or am I wrong?

"Persons of interest" are routinely publicized in any number of instances

But that doesn't make it right. Does it? There is stigma attached to many accusations. Not only that, but the guy I hear went into hiding, and for some government official to make his name known???......

Theo Van Gogh comes to mind and countless cartoonists that had to hide, and countless others that have spoken out about Islam

There are even assholes on this thread who are trying to pretend the Fed did not officially out this guy.

LOL

They didn't.

An anonymous source leaked it to the AP. Nothing "official" about it.

Let me give you the remedial help you need. No charge, this time:

WASHINGTON (AP) — Federal authorities have identified a Coptic Christian in southern California

Thru the local news...gods...how many times do I have to say it....we've known about this thru local news for over 48 hours now.

Here is what the coward did before he was outed:

An Israeli filmmaker went into hiding on Tuesday after his movie attacking Islam's Prophet Muhammad sparked angry assaults by Muslims on U.S. diplomatic missions in Egypt and in Libya, where one American was killed.

Speaking by phone from an undisclosed location, writer and director Sam Bacile remained defiant, saying Islam is a cancer and that he intended his film to be a provocative political statement condemning the religion.

Protesters angered over Bacile's film opened fire on and burned down the U.S.consulate in the eastern Libyan city of Benghazi, killing an American State Department officer on Tuesday. In Egypt, protesters scaled the walls of the U.S. embassy in Cairo and replaced an American flag with an Islamic banner.

Bacile, a California real estate developer in his fifties who identifies himself as an Israeli Jew, said he believes the movie will help his native land by exposing Islam's flaws to the world. "

"Islam is a cancer, period," he repeatedly said in a solemn, accented tone.

The two-hour movie, "Innocence of Muslims," cost $5 million to make and was financed with the help of more than 100 Jewish donors, said Bacile, who wrote and directed it.

Understand? Muslims were out killing people in the streets and this Christian extremist not only decides to throw some more fuel on the fire with his deliberate "Islam is a cancer" rhetoric, he then aims the fire at Israel.

What a c---.

So fucking what???????????????????????? We hear A HELLUVA lot worse about Christianity.. Me thinks thou doth protest too much.. WHY THE FUCK IS THAT??????? Hmmm?????????

Doc, why would there be an "ongoing investigation"? What law was broken?
It's unclear what "the investigation" is investigating, but it might not have anything to do with the movie. Nakoula was convicted of multiple accounts of bank fraud 2 years ago, and he's still on probation from it.

This filmmaker supposedly claims it cost 5 million to make this movie....sounds like a scam a la "The Producers" to me.

No one is suggesting "taking speech away" from anyone.

WHEN FREEDOM OF SPEECH CROSSES THE LINE.

'When freedom of speech incites violence against a race, religion or one’s sexual orientation and causes death of innocent people it crosses the line and is no longer a matter of principle and the person or persons that miss-used their First Amendment Rights should be held accountable. '

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/246657-when-freedom-of-speech-crosses-the-line.html

And dozens of others. Hope that helps, tard.

Again, you bring in another thread as a straw man.

I feel no reason to defend any morons in the other thread who have suggested curtailing free speech. They are as incorrect as you are.

That doesn't change the fact that in this discussion, no one has suggested that.

Wow, so many rumors. Last I read it was the minister down in Florida, who burned the Koran, who tricked his people to make this film. Or so it was reported.

In any case I don't buy that. 48 hours prior to the attacks DC knew. here we go again. :eek:( It was intentional. Word is that video was out months ago. Nobody really saw it. Yet this person is going to get the full blame which will "justify" Obama's black list.

Here it comes folks. hope ya ready.
could be the beginning of martial law, to which the President can shut down elections. sorry but it's a slight possibility.

So fucking what???????????????????????? We hear A HELLUVA lot worse about Christianity.. Me thinks thou doth protest too much.. WHY THE FUCK IS THAT??????? Hmmm?????????

That's it? You got your ass handed to you and all you have is a "so what", followed by a logical fallacy, and then some wild guesswork in all caps all in one sentence?

Awesome. A cowardly fuck tries to get innocent people killed and you can't come up with any more excuses.

Sorry to make your butt hurt.

An awful lot of people here trying to defend this guy. :eusa_whistle:

I don't recall liberals demanding the death, trashing of any director who has blasphemed God, christianity??? WHY IS THAT?? Conservatives defend his right to say whatever the hell he wants WITHOUT fear of big daddy government interfering.

Investigation? If they are investigating someone, that does not give our government the right to divulge any information, till all their ducks are in a row, or am I wrong?

"Persons of interest" are routinely publicized in any number of instances

But that doesn't make it right. Does it? There is stigma attached to many accusations. Not only that, but the guy I hear went into hiding, and for some government official to make his name known???......

Theo Van Gogh comes to mind and countless cartoonists that had to hide, and countless others that have spoken out about Islam

I'm not talking about "right" and "wrong". I'm talking about Constitutional law - which is the thesis of the OP.

Was it "wrong" for the anonymous fed to leak the name to the AP? Possibly.

Was it legal, in every sense of the word? Yes.

Did it have anything at all to do with Obama? Incredibly doubtful.

An awful lot of people here trying to defend this guy. :eusa_whistle:

I don't recall liberals demanding the death, trashing of any director who has blasphemed God, christianity??? WHY IS THAT?? Conservatives defend his right to say whatever the hell he wants WITHOUT fear of big daddy government interfering.

Please link to a single "liberal" who has "demanded" the "death" of Nakoula.

Here is what the coward did before he was outed:

An Israeli filmmaker went into hiding on Tuesday after his movie attacking Islam's Prophet Muhammad sparked angry assaults by Muslims on U.S. diplomatic missions in Egypt and in Libya, where one American was killed.

Speaking by phone from an undisclosed location, writer and director Sam Bacile remained defiant, saying Islam is a cancer and that he intended his film to be a provocative political statement condemning the religion.

Protesters angered over Bacile's film opened fire on and burned down the U.S.consulate in the eastern Libyan city of Benghazi, killing an American State Department officer on Tuesday. In Egypt, protesters scaled the walls of the U.S. embassy in Cairo and replaced an American flag with an Islamic banner.

Bacile, a California real estate developer in his fifties who identifies himself as an Israeli Jew, said he believes the movie will help his native land by exposing Islam's flaws to the world. "

"Islam is a cancer, period," he repeatedly said in a solemn, accented tone.

The two-hour movie, "Innocence of Muslims," cost $5 million to make and was financed with the help of more than 100 Jewish donors, said Bacile, who wrote and directed it.

Understand? Muslims were out killing people in the streets and this Christian extremist not only decides to throw some more fuel on the fire with his deliberate "Islam is a cancer" rhetoric, he then aims the fire at Israel.

What a c---.

But here is the thing.

Speech and privacy rights in America SHALL NOT BE FORFEITED because somebody really, really threatens to go medieval on your ass if you dare to exercise it.

Yeah, it's horrible, but we aren't going to shutdown the Batman movie franchise because people tend to go on a killing rampage when the see it.

That's it? You got your ass handed to you and all you have is a "so what", followed by a logical fallacy, and then some wild guesswork in all caps all in one sentence?

Awesome. A cowardly fuck tries to get innocent people killed and you can't come up with any more excuses.

Sorry to make your butt hurt.

Acutally I'm trying to figure out why you have a tampon crossed sideways screeching like a biatchboy because someone called Mohamed names??? No one got anyone killed. ISLAMIC BARBARIANS raped and murdered an innocent American, all on their own..Just because somneone offends you, doesn't give you any right what so ever to harm another human being.. Sick fucks.

Finding this guy and charging/exposing is part of the deflection of the govt under President and the US State Dept being derelict in its duty to protect sovereign territory against a terrorist attack. It's an extension of the useful narrative that right wing nuts, because of their hatred and intolerance of things different from themselves put us all at risk.

We are supposed to forget that the "film" has been out for six months, but that the anniversary of the 9-11 attack could be expected to draw some action over there, that the second man in al Quaida was recently killed in a drone attack and 24-hours before Al Zawahiri called for revenge on the embassy, that president Obama is the man with the drone kill list, that the president claims "HE" killed Osama (proclaimed at the dem convention as one his greatest accomplishments), that the crowd of radical Islamists at the Cairo embassy chanted "We are all Osama, Obama" as they breached the wall

These are the connections the media should be focusing on and challenging the administration to explain as outcomes of the administration's foreign policy. As Rumsfeld so famously said "weakness is a provocation."

This whole affair shows how little influence and respect we now have in the region, and the movie excuse is propaganda. Their going after the moviemaker is to show the media where, if they are smart, to focus their narrative.

Last edited:
Let me ask you...who is suggesting we put freedom in a box? Because until you clear that up, it's hard to answer a none-existant issue.

Every time a bunch of barbarians act like a bunch of barbarians against our very own people, there are some, scratch that...Many, that wish to find blame in something we do as Americans. We take umbrage to that.

How about we blame the barbarians for once? That might be a novel idea, but it might work to bring unity to us as Americans

There's no question that the blame lies with the people who attacked the embassy, not the filmmaker - and I don't see anyone else excusing the acts of the attackers at all.

But the OP isn't about who is to blame for the attacks - it's accusing "the government" of violating the "rights" of the filmmaker. And that's just fantasy.
I think it had to do with outing who and where the filmmaker is, Doctor. It makes him a target of Islam, and he and his associates will never be safe again.

Some of us are a little tired of being presented to very evil forces in Islam in a poor quality of light of Presidential fiat against citizens gone mad.

Forum List

Back