She Had A Name...Remembering Mary Jo Kopechne.

How would the diver know?

No one lasts two hours in an air bubble in a car unless they have an oxygen tank.

I don't know what the diver was trained to know but that was his testimony. And Kennedy said he was aware of her struggling- meaning she was NOT knocked out on impact.

CaféAuLait;1464714 said:

No one lasts two hours in an air bubble in a car unless they have an oxygen tank.

I don't know what the diver was trained to know but that was his testimony. And Kennedy said he was aware of her struggling- meaning she was NOT knocked out on impact.
If she wasn't knocked out and had two hours of oxygen available to her then she easily could have followed Kennedy out of the car. But she didn't have two hours of oxygen, it's just physically impossible.

CaféAuLait;1464703 said:

Link?

Not to mention you have no clue how big the air pocket was, now do you?

This man survived 2 hours with an air pocket:

Man survives avalanche on Mt. Washington - Framingham, MA - The MetroWest Daily News
Snow is porous and allows air exchange. Water doesn't.

LOL no it does not. Not when packed from an avalanche.

Proper equipment can be a critical factor in rescue efforts. Avalanches kill in two ways. A victim will either endure fatal trauma (collisions with rocks or trees) during an avalanche, or will suffocate after they are buried by snow. While trauma deaths occur before rescue can take place, the more common suffocation deaths are often tragic because with the proper equipment and expertise, they can be avoided.

Avalanche Awareness: Information About Avalanches and Avalanche Safety

CaféAuLait;1464714 said:

If she wasn't knocked out and had two hours of oxygen available to her then she easily could have followed Kennedy out of the car. But she didn't have two hours of oxygen, it's just physically impossible.

Perhaps she was the one with the concussion and unable to think straight? Kennedy said she was struggling beside her and how it haunted him ALL night wondering if she were till alive. But he called NO ONE to help from LE.

I want some..

Ravi:

'Dead' Woman Survives 90-Minutes Under Ice

Tromso's Dr. Mads Gilbert reports, "We think she was breathing for the first 40 minutes in an air pocket in the flowing water. So she was taking in oxygen as her body slowly cooled down. She was also extremely fit. But we had lots of narrow escapes with her: Her lungs failed; her kidneys failed; her intestines failed. We just did not give up."

CaféAuLait;1464831 said:
CaféAuLait;1464703 said:
Link?

Not to mention you have no clue how big the air pocket was, now do you?

This man survived 2 hours with an air pocket:

Man survives avalanche on Mt. Washington - Framingham, MA - The MetroWest Daily News
Snow is porous and allows air exchange. Water doesn't.

LOL no it does not. Not when packed from an avalanche.

Proper equipment can be a critical factor in rescue efforts. Avalanches kill in two ways. A victim will either endure fatal trauma (collisions with rocks or trees) during an avalanche, or will suffocate after they are buried by snow. While trauma deaths occur before rescue can take place, the more common suffocation deaths are often tragic because with the proper equipment and expertise, they can be avoided.

Avalanche Awareness: Information About Avalanches and Avalanche Safety
You aren't thinking this through. Where do you suppose the oxygen came from in the little pocket he carved out with his hand? God? :lol:

CaféAuLait;1464916 said:

I want some..

Ravi:

Tromso's Dr. Mads Gilbert reports, "We think she was breathing for the first 40 minutes in an air pocket in the flowing water. So she was taking in oxygen as her body slowly cooled down. She was also extremely fit. But we had lots of narrow escapes with her: Her lungs failed; her kidneys failed; her intestines failed. We just did not give up."

If the water was flowing it was bringing in air to the ice pocket. Plus, her extremely low temperature ensured she didn't need much oxygen.

did the diver say two hours? or did he say if called within a few minutes and help got there under 25 minutes it could have made a difference.......

There is NO proof there ever was an air pocket.

THe whole idea is a speculation

and there is no proof of any of your assertions.....circumstantial evidence points heavily to kennedy being drunk, leaving her and but for him leaving her and not contacting authorities for 10 hours, she most likely would be alive today.....

i guarantee you, that in any DA's office that is unbiased, they would immediately investigate this as a homicide.....he left the scene and didn't notify authorities for over 10 hours.....AND, a huge and.....none of his friends or family that he called notified authorities.......

while it is true none of can truly know.....the evidence weighs heavily in favor of guilt for your hero ted "the drunk" kennedy

CaféAuLait;1464916 said:

I want some..

Ravi:

If the water was flowing it was bringing in air to the ice pocket. Plus, her extremely low temperature ensured she didn't need much oxygen.

You do realize the water was moving "a strong current" for Kopechne too? That was the testimony of Kennedy and his Lawyer friends.... Not to mention once again the diver on scene said he felt she was alive for at least 2 hours.... we were not there so I will go by the experts from back then and those witnesses.

and there is no proof of any of your assertions.....circumstantial evidence points heavily to kennedy being drunk, leaving her and but for him leaving her and not contacting authorities for 10 hours, she most likely would be alive today.....

i guarantee you, that in any DA's office that is unbiased, they would immediately investigate this as a homicide.....he left the scene and didn't notify authorities for over 10 hours.....AND, a huge and.....none of his friends or family that he called notified authorities.......

while it is true none of can truly know.....the evidence weighs heavily in favor of guilt for your hero ted "the drunk" kennedy

Agreed.

Agreed.

What really annoys me about all this is that shortly after the incident with Mary Jo and Teddy, there was a man in Seattle that accidentally drove off a dock, his pregnant wife/girlfriend (I can't remember) was in the car with him. He was able to swim back to the dock and immediately called the cops. His wife and unborn baby drowned. He did time for manslaughter. That man did everything right after the accident and he went to jail. Kennedy did everything wrong and he got off.

Agreed.

What really annoys me about all this is that shortly after the incident with Mary Jo and Teddy, there was a man in Seattle that accidentally drove off a dock, his pregnant wife/girlfriend (I can't remember) was in the car with him. He was able to swim back to the dock and immediately called the cops. His wife and unborn baby drowned. He did time for manslaughter. That man did everything right after the accident and he went to jail. Kennedy did everything wrong and he got off.

It should annoy you that they charged the other man with manslaughter! Seems wrong!

I have a question about that "accident".

When Ted Kennedy returned to hotel, how come he could have enough time to change clothes, collapse on his bed, wake up and complain to hotel owner about loud noises, call his friends... he had time for all that and not to call authorities?

Anyways, for what reason did he complain about loud noises?

Ame®icano;1465123 said:
I have a question about that "accident".

When Ted Kennedy returned to hotel, how come he could have enough time to change clothes, collapse on his bed, wake up and complain to hotel owner about loud noises, call his friends... he had time for all that and not to call authorities?

Anyways, for what reason did he complain about loud noises?

Some hypothesize that was a feeble attempt at creating an alibi and he asked one of his friends to take the blame and act like he was not there.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back