She talks like a little girl but she sings like Whitney Houston. WOW!

Whitney broke out in the 70's.
The world has drastically changed since then. Not the same culture.

As talented and pretty as this young lady is, young people today (the supporting audience) are more into the rap and drug/sex/race/criminal/bump-n-grind genre. Innocence lost.
Sad but true.

Becoming a star with Whitney Houston like talents seems a difficult if not impossible hill to climb today.
Still a very talented young lady for sure.
What say you?

I never thought I'd hear another voice like Whitney Houston but this young lady is fantastic!

At Whitney Houston's peak ... I wasn't really a fan. I was a hard rocker. But I had a girlfriend who was really into Houston's music, and I was really into this girlfriend. Here I am, 40 years later, a major Houston fan. Not only for her awesome voice and the feeling she put into her music, but because she brings me to a great place in time. I still love that girlfriend even though I haven't seen her in 40 years. I've been married three times, but nobody was like this chick was. I let her slip through my fingers.

The young lady in the video is "goin' places."

Last edited:
At Whitney Houston's peak ... I wasn't really a fan. I was a hard rocker. But I had a girlfriend who was really into Houston's music, and I was really into this girlfriend. Here I am, 40 years later, a major Houston fan. Not only for her awesome voice and the feeling she put into her music, but because she brings to a great place in time.

Well, the sad thing is The Voice doesn;t seem to produce any new big stars for some reason, while AGT and Idol have, which is weird to me, since The Voice has a killer house band and to me better production values. Anybody have any ideas on why that is?

As talented and pretty as this young lady is, young people today (the supporting audience) are more into the rap and drug/sex/race/criminal/bump-n-grind genre. Innocence lost.
Sad but true.

Becoming a star with Whitney Houston like talents seems a difficult if not impossible hill to climb today.
What say you?
I agree. I don't personally think anyone can equal or top Whitney's unique voice and style. The young lady is extremely talented but she's got a ways to go before reaching Whitney's level.

And I fully agree that beautiful music is a thing of the past -- at least in pop culture. It will never be a thing of the past in the hearts, minds, and souls of the older generation. That's not to say that there aren't a small handful of younger folks that won't appreciate it, but that type of music would have a hard time reaching the top one hundred on Spotify.

Last edited:
I agree. I don't personally think anyone can equal or top Whitney's unique voice and style. The young lady is extremely talented but she's got a ways to go before reaching Whitney's level.

And I fully agree that beautiful music is a thing of the past -- at least in pop culture. It will never be a thing of the past in the hearts, minds, and souls of the older generation. That's not to say that there aren't a small handful of younger folks that won't appreciate it, but that type of music would have a hard time reaching the top one hundred on Spotify.

You nailed it :thup:

Sad but true.

What say you?
That's why we will never see another Magic or Bird.....

At Whitney Houston's peak ... I wasn't really a fan. I was a hard rocker. But I had a girlfriend who was really into Houston's music, and I was really into this girlfriend. Here I am, 40 years later, a major Houston fan. Not only for her awesome voice and the feeling she put into her music, but because she brings me to a great place in time. I still love that girlfriend even though I haven't seen her in 40 years. I've been married three times, but nobody was like this chick was. I let her slip through my fingers.

Nothing can transport you back like a great song. The music industry is brutal, I hope she has good people around her. We saw what happened to Whitney.

This was We Ani's audition. Her talking voice is a hoot and makes her singing seem even more incredible.

I'm sure you are a nice guy, but that's not exactly a high bar your setting there. ;)

Don't forget....

"Crack.....is whack"

I know her lifestyle ruined not only her career...but her looks too.
This is how I chose to remember her.
iu

How could that...become this ? Sad.

96d53128506ded079cdfd417bfee4d64.jpg

Forum List

Back