She’s Right About Civil War

#1) The Confederate States had ceceded from the Union, wrote a constitution and sent diplomats abroad.
#2) The North invaded the South.
#3) The Federal Army had whole units of immigrants who did not speak English. If you had a bunch of Germans marching through your town...you would think them as foreign invaders.
#4) When a confederate POW was asked by a Union officer, “ Why are you fighting this war soldier?” The confederate answered, “Because your down here.”
So the confederate soldier felt they were defending their nation.
Hyde-Smith pushed resolution praising Confederate soldier's effort to 'defend his homeland' - CNNPolitics
I have felt for many years that this Nation has grown apart. The NorthEast tends to be very Liberal and invasive in local affairs. The Federal Courts are made up of people from the North very few from the South. Money is controled from DC by people from the North. There is a long list of things that we take and don't like. So it could be a good idea that we split. How about any takers?
actually, the Republicans have been dominant for 35 years with huge support they've gotten from the southeast dingbats,no longer the silent majority now the brainwashed loudmouth majority... Intelligent people control the MSM but that doesn't matter because you have your own planet of garbage propaganda and hate phony scandals. A disgrace.

#1) The Confederate States had ceceded from the Union, wrote a constitution and sent diplomats abroad.
#3) The Federal Army had whole units of immigrants who did not speak English. If you had a bunch of Germans marching through your town...you would think them as foreign invaders.
#4) When a confederate POW was asked by a Union officer, “ Why are you fighting this war soldier?” The confederate answered, “Because your down here.”
Hyde-Smith pushed resolution praising Confederate soldier's effort to 'defend his homeland' - CNNPolitics

Look dude, no matter how much you wish you could own another human being, your side lost and that is now illegal..

Just get over it and move on
You need to put yourself in the times. The Supreme Court had already ruled in Dred Scott v. Samford 1857 that slaves were only property and had no rights as citizens or human beings. Not saying it’s right, just saying that’s how it was.
We have whole new list of not happy of things the North is forcing on the South. We are not happy campers.
Such as?

If the South wanted to be left alone, why did they start the war by firing on a U.S. Federal installation that was doing nothing to them?
That "federal installation" was within the boundaries of South Carolina. The troops there were trespassing on Carolina territory. Shooting trespassers has always been acknowledge by international law as perfectly legal and legitimate.
They didn’t shoot at trespassers— they shot at a federal installation on federal territory.

You DENY that the South seized federal Property mobilized an army BEFORE the North and attacked Fort Sumter?

Why are you putting words in my mouth that I did not say?
You told him to learn history when he stated a historical fact the South started the war when they fired on the fort. Lincoln hadn't even called up the Militia at that point.
The problem with your post is that it's not a fact. Lincoln started the war. Lincoln invaded Virginia.
Wrong as usual the unprovoked attack on Federal troops at Fort Sumter started the war at that point Lincoln had not even called up the Militia. He was still trying to TALK to the States leaving the Union.
The simple fact of the matter is, the north wanted to free the slaves and the south didn't. The civil war was inevitable at that point.

Well, except for that little fact that Lincoln didn't even want to free the slaves, and when he did, he was powerless to do so in the South. The Emancipation Proclamation was a major disappointment to abolitionists everywhere.

You told him to learn history when he stated a historical fact the South started the war when they fired on the fort. Lincoln hadn't even called up the Militia at that point.
The problem with your post is that it's not a fact. Lincoln started the war. Lincoln invaded Virginia.
Wrong as usual the unprovoked attack on Federal troops at Fort Sumter started the war at that point Lincoln had not even called up the Militia. He was still trying to TALK to the States leaving the Union.
The simple fact of the matter is, the north wanted to free the slaves and the south didn't. The civil war was inevitable at that point.
Except that is a fairy tale and far from factual.
Oh? Then pray tell... what was the civil war about... what direction the moon rose?

I don't know what history books you've been reading, but it was about SLAVERY, period.

So you are intent on proving that your knowledge of history is at an elementary school level?

Oh? Then pray tell... what was the civil war about... what direction the moon rose?

I don't know what history books you've been reading, but it was about SLAVERY, period.

So you are intent on proving that your knowledge of history is at an elementary school level?
Still waiting for you to explain how claiming South Carolina fired on Fort Sumter and started the war is wrong.

So you answer a question with a question and think that's it?

If the Civil War wasn't about slavery, then enlighten me.

You can say it was about states rights, but the right the south wanted was to OWN SLAVES.

Now put up or shut up...

Look dude, no matter how much you wish you could own another human being, your side lost and that is now illegal..

Just get over it and move on
My great(x3)grandfather never owned another human being. He did his duty serving in the Louisiana Cavalry (Bailey Vinson's Scouts). My great(x2)grandmother (his daughter) wrote about his sense of duty to his family and homeland. He also had no choice, but he did his duty.

Are you telling me that he wanted to own other humans and risked death to do so?

Most southerns did not own slaves. They were a big investment. The average slave in today's dollar cost about $40,000. Interestingly, today the average price of a slave is only about $90.

Although slaves were expensive, they were very important economically to the South. A farmer that purchased a young slave could look forward to getting 30 to 40 years of free labor. And if he fathered a family, then the farmer would get many more years of free labor. In some larger plantations, selling excess slaves provided significant revenue.

It was certainly a system that southerners were more than ready to fight for. It was not just the economic value of slaves but the status it gave to all whites. No matter your place in society, you were assured that you were better than any Negro. Even if you didn't own slaves, you still had power over them simply because you were white.

Slavery Today « Free the Slaves

Still waiting for you to explain how claiming South Carolina fired on Fort Sumter and started the war is wrong.

You should already know, but being a Marine, I guess you expect the Navy to deliver you wherever you need to go!

Sorry! I retired from teaching. I suggest you enroll in a good history of the Civil War and Reconstruction at your local university.

You can say it was about states rights, but the right the south wanted was to OWN SLAVES.

Now put up or shut up...

Slavery was legal and the main labor source for a very labor-intensive agrarian society. Slavery was part of the cause, but only simpletons say that it was the only cause.

Now put up or shut up...

Slavery was legal and the main labor source for a very labor-intensive agrarian society. Slavery was part of the cause, but only simpletons say that it was the only cause.
You still haven't offered ANYTHING other than rebuttal. You're LOSING this debate...

Yes, The Civil War Was About Slavery

Now put up or shut up...

You still haven't offered ANYTHING other than rebuttal. You're LOSING this debate...

Can you fucking read? Try the red text quoted above. If that doesn't make sense to you, go enroll in an adult education course and learn to read, dumbass!

It was the South that fired the first shot dumbass. Then the war was on. The north was becoming more industrialized, the south wanted to keep their slaves. Rich plantation slave owners inducted the poorer southern farmers and lead them to the slaughter. That's what happened.
Fort Sumter - Wikipedia

The South was arrogant and wanted war & they got it. And they lost it. Many of them still haven't gotten over it. The Civil War resulted in the most American deaths in any war in our nation's history.

Last edited:

Now put up or shut up...

Can you fucking read? Try the red text quoted above. If that doesn't make sense to you, go enroll in an adult education course and learn to read, dumbass!
I see red text now that you CHANGED IT, ass wipe.

But you're still in the TOILET. What ELSE was the reason if it wasn't JUST SLAVERY.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, EXPLAIN YOURSELF or STFU you IGNORANT little HIPPIE.

Now put up or shut up...

But you're still in the TOILET. What ELSE was the reason if it wasn't JUST SLAVERY.

I did not change a God-blessed thing you fucking moron!

Several posters have listed numerous reasons on this thread. Why didn't you read them? Was the thought of trolling me giving you a boner?

Scholars argue over the causes of the war but there is little disagreement as to how it started. Early in the morning of April 12, 1861, Confederate guns around the harbor opened fire on Fort Sumter and thus began America's bloodiest war.

I disagree. Scholars have almost unanimously agreed that Slavery was the primary cause. Even Dennis Prager and his laughable "prager university" have stopped fighting the "state's rights" cause. You have some vocal morons who continue to promote the "state's right" nonsense; that's all.

Someone's arguing that the Union fired the first shot? Classic.... makes you want to shake your head does it not?
Scholars of the civil war history argue today about the causes of the war. There are many. Abolitionists saw it as a war to free slaves. Southerners saw it as war to preserve their way of life. The Union military saw it as necessary to preserve the military might of the nation. The Supreme Court saw secession as an illegal act that had to be stopped. Financiers believed the war was about the trade. Many Southerns saw the war as necessary to prevent the lost of their rights. Lincoln believe the war was necessary to maintain the Union.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm

Now put up or shut up...

Several posters have listed numerous reasons on this thread. Why didn't you read them? Was the thought of trolling me giving you a boner?
Yes you did change it, now you're a fucking liar.

Go pound sand, asshole.

Go pound sand, asshole.

How did I fucking change it?

This is from post #130: Slavery was part of the cause, but only simpletons say that it was the only cause.

This is from post #132: Slavery was part of the cause, but only simpletons say that it was the only cause

How is post #132 any different from where it was quoted in post #130? I guess putting it in bold red, larger font confused that lonely brain cell of yours?

Now, kiss my ass and go fuck yourself, you ignorant piece of shit!

Read Flopper's post #136

Go pound sand, asshole.

This is from post #130: Slavery was part of the cause, but only simpletons say that it was the only cause.

This is from post #132: Slavery was part of the cause, but only simpletons say that it was the only cause

How is post #132 any different from where it was quoted in post #130? I guess putting it in bold red, larger font confused that lonely brain cell of yours?

Read Flopper's post #136
Whatever... liar... go pound sand.

Go pound sand, asshole.

Read Flopper's post #136
Whatever... liar... go pound sand.

Man, I knew the AF was full of pussies, but I didn't think you were one until now!

You falsely accuse me of lying and then double down on it AFTER I proved you wrong.

What a scum bag! Is your username your actual IQ?

Forum List

Back