Shiites head to Iraq’s Karbala under jihadist threat

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I wonder if these Shiites will be able to complete their pilgrimage and get home safely, although chances are they will run into trouble.

Shiites head to Iraq’s Karbala under jihadist threat

Iraqi Shiite Muslim worshipers take part in a ceremony marking Ashura near the shrine of Imam Abbas in Karbala

BAGHDAD: Hundreds of thousands of Shiites will flock to Iraq’s Karbala this week under threat from jihadists who consider them heretics and now hold large parts of the country. Pilgrims making the trip to the shrine city of Karbala for Ashura, which marks the death of Imam Hussein, one of the most revered figures in Shiite Islam, have been targeted in the past by deadly bombings. But this year, the threat to the pilgrims, who come from Iraq but also other countries including Iran, is even greater after the Islamic State (IS) jihadist group spearheaded a sweeping militant offensive that overran much of Iraq’s Sunni Arab heartland.

Continue reading at:

Shiites head to Iraq s Karbala under jihadist threat - Kuwait Times Kuwait Times

I remember when it was palesinians kicking head both of those they killed and those dug up from the christian cemetery. I know heads of those executed were once used to play a sort of polo.
Babies are being taught earlier and earlier. So sad

Forum List

Back