Shirley Sherrod: An interesting Timeline of events (wow its not fox new's fault)

Some of you people are fucking idiots, on top of being flat out liars.

Answer this simple question. No deflections, please try to remain rational and give an actual answer.

Conservatives, or others with brains, please hold your fire

Why would FoxNews as a corporation make the decision to air an edited video on Monday and then have their number two man, Beck, dedicate his entire show on Tuesday to DEMANDING that someone release the entire video? It makes NO sense, they wouldn't do it.

Not to mention that way earlier in this thread, I posted an email from a FoxNews exec that went corporate wide ORDERING everyone not to run with the story until they had more facts, including talking to sharrod herself and obtaining the full video if possible.

That link is from july 20th, the day after the resignation was asked for by the Obama admin.

I want one that shows it was fox news' fault that the obama admin asked her to resign which means it needs to be from earlier in the day on the 19th then around 5pm when she was asked to pull over and resign.
Again, FOXnation, which is CONTROLLED by the FOXgossip Channel, posted the story by 10:36 AM with a link to the Bigotbart story and videos BEFORE they changed the story and link to their own site.

Here is the cached original FOXnation posting with the original link to Bigotbart.

Caught on Tape: Obama Official Discriminates Against White Farmer | The FOX Nation

I looked in there and am not seeing anything showing the fox news channel talking about this before she resigned, nor am i seeing the fox news channel's website foxnews.com speaking of it prior to her resignation.

You guys seem to be equating foxnation to the fox news channel but they aren't the same thing.

Again bring back a "Fox News" story about it from before she resigned and I will eat crow.
The FOXgossip Channel CONTROLLS the FOXnation NEWS site.

I've only found where I reposted the pull quote I took from the link ConHog posted earlier. ConHog should be able to post the link, but I'll keep looking for it.

The Fox Nation is a conservative news website operated by the Fox News Channel that began operation on March 30, 2009.
According to Fox News, "Fox Nation will be a forum for Americans to speak out on important and controversial issues, and to act on their beliefs and values — while always upholding the traditional American ideals of free speech, fair play, and tolerance."[1]
The site features news articles, video clips, and links to editorial blogs by noted conservative political commentators like Bill Kristol and Charles Krauthammer, as well as liberal political commentators, like Susan Estrich. In keeping with the site's purpose, viewers are invited to post comments about the various topics featured on The Fox Nation, which Fox News described as "a new community where all Americans are encouraged to share, discuss, and debate."[1]

I know a lie when I see it.

Okay. Where is the lie in what Fox posted on July 19th:

Days after the NAACP clashed with Tea Party members over allegations of racism, a video has surfaced showing an Agriculture Department official regaling an NAACP audience with a story about how she withheld help to a white farmer facing bankruptcy.

Shirley Sherrod, the department's Georgia director of Rural Development, is shown in the clip describing "the first time I was faced with having to help a white farmer save his farm." Sherrod, who is black, claimed the farmer took a long time trying to show he was "superior" to her. The audience laughed as she described how she determined his fate.

"He had to come to me for help. What he didn't know while he was taking all that time trying to show me he was superior to me was I was trying to decide just how much help I was going to give him," she said. "I was struggling with the fact that so many black people have lost their farmland and here I was faced with having to help a white person save their land -- so I didn't give him the full force of what I could do. I did enough."

Sherrod explained that at the time, she assumed the state or national Department of Agriculture referred him to her. In order to ensure that the farmer could report back that she was indeed helpful, she said she took him to see "one of his own" -- a white lawyer.

"I figured that if I take him to one of them, that his own kind would take care of him," she said.

The video clip was first posted by BigGovernment.com. The clip is dated March 27 from an NAACP Freedom Fund banquet.

FoxNews.com is seeking a response from both the NAACP and the USDA. The clip adds to the firestorm of debate over the NAACP's decision to approve a resolution at its convention last week accusing some Tea Party activists of racism -- a charge Tea Party leaders deny.

In a second clip from the same event posted online, Sherrod appeared to urge black job seekers to find work at the Department of Agriculture because the federal government won't lay people off.

"There are jobs at USDA and many times there are no people of color to fill those jobs because we shy away from agriculture. We hear the word agriculture and think, why are we working in the fields?" she said. "You've heard of a lot of layoffs. Have you heard of anybody in the federal government losing their job? That's all I need to say."

That link is from july 20th, the day after the resignation was asked for by the Obama admin.

I want one that shows it was fox news' fault that the obama admin asked her to resign which means it needs to be from earlier in the day on the 19th then around 5pm when she was asked to pull over and resign.
Again, FOXnation, which is CONTROLLED by the FOXgossip Channel, posted the story by 10:36 AM with a link to the Bigotbart story and videos BEFORE they changed the story and link to their own site.

Here is the cached original FOXnation posting with the original link to Bigotbart.

Caught on Tape: Obama Official Discriminates Against White Farmer | The FOX Nation

What do you think that proves?
It proves the FOXgossip Channel was flogging the story and edited Bigotbart video ON LINE the morning BEFORE she resigned.
Get it!

The lie is that they claimed they didn't post about the story until after she resigned.

A stupid and pointless lie, seemingly.

So why is it so important to FOX and its fans?

Days after the NAACP clashed with Tea Party members over allegations of racism, a video has surfaced showing an Agriculture Department official regaling an NAACP audience with a story about how she withheld help to a white farmer facing bankruptcy.

Shirley Sherrod, the department's Georgia director of Rural Development, is shown in the clip describing "the first time I was faced with having to help a white farmer save his farm." Sherrod, who is black, claimed the farmer took a long time trying to show he was "superior" to her. The audience laughed as she described how she determined his fate.

"He had to come to me for help. What he didn't know while he was taking all that time trying to show me he was superior to me was I was trying to decide just how much help I was going to give him," she said. "I was struggling with the fact that so many black people have lost their farmland and here I was faced with having to help a white person save their land -- so I didn't give him the full force of what I could do. I did enough."

Sherrod explained that at the time, she assumed the state or national Department of Agriculture referred him to her. In order to ensure that the farmer could report back that she was indeed helpful, she said she took him to see "one of his own" -- a white lawyer.

"I figured that if I take him to one of them, that his own kind would take care of him," she said.

The video clip was first posted by BigGovernment.com. The clip is dated March 27 from an NAACP Freedom Fund banquet.

FoxNews.com is seeking a response from both the NAACP and the USDA. The clip adds to the firestorm of debate over the NAACP's decision to approve a resolution at its convention last week accusing some Tea Party activists of racism -- a charge Tea Party leaders deny.

In a second clip from the same event posted online, Sherrod appeared to urge black job seekers to find work at the Department of Agriculture because the federal government won't lay people off.

"There are jobs at USDA and many times there are no people of color to fill those jobs because we shy away from agriculture. We hear the word agriculture and think, why are we working in the fields?" she said. "You've heard of a lot of layoffs. Have you heard of anybody in the federal government losing their job? That's all I need to say."

There isn't a lie and there isn't anyone from Fox asking for her resignation. They reported a story.

The time stamp for this (Ed's link http://www.investorsiraq.com/showth...idn-t-Give-Full-Force-of-Help-to-White-Farmer) is July 19, 2010 at 6:15pm.

I looked in there and am not seeing anything showing the fox news channel talking about this before she resigned, nor am i seeing the fox news channel's website foxnews.com speaking of it prior to her resignation.

You guys seem to be equating foxnation to the fox news channel but they aren't the same thing.

Again bring back a "Fox News" story about it from before she resigned and I will eat crow.

I've only found where I reposted the pull quote I took from the link ConHog posted earlier. ConHog should be able to post the link, but I'll keep looking for it.

The Fox Nation is a conservative news website operated by the Fox News Channel that began operation on March 30, 2009.
According to Fox News, "Fox Nation will be a forum for Americans to speak out on important and controversial issues, and to act on their beliefs and values — while always upholding the traditional American ideals of free speech, fair play, and tolerance."[1]
The site features news articles, video clips, and links to editorial blogs by noted conservative political commentators like Bill Kristol and Charles Krauthammer, as well as liberal political commentators, like Susan Estrich. In keeping with the site's purpose, viewers are invited to post comments about the various topics featured on The Fox Nation, which Fox News described as "a new community where all Americans are encouraged to share, discuss, and debate."[1]

The Fox Nation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

FOX was busy spreading the rumor. AS usual, they had an agenda, and they keep spinning even now.

Last edited:

Answer this simple question. No deflections, please try to remain rational and give an actual answer.

Why would FoxNews as a corporation make the decision to air an edited video on Monday and then have their number two man, Beck, dedicate his entire show on Tuesday to DEMANDING that someone release the entire video? It makes NO sense, they wouldn't do it.

Not to mention that way earlier in this thread, I posted an email from a FoxNews exec that went corporate wide ORDERING everyone not to run with the story until they had more facts, including talking to sharrod herself and obtaining the full video if possible.
Were you not paying attention Monday, cornhog?

LOT of news happened that day. Brietass posted the video, as did Foxnews.com.
Then people came out of the woodwork.

O'Reilly THAT NIGHT - of the 19th, called on her to resign. (She had already, but the program was taped at 5PM, and aired a 8Pm)

Hannity did a big segment on it - but the whole net and media nation (even some from the right!) were questioning the tape cause it appeared out of context.

You really think all that shit didn't happen?

Last edited:

It proves the FOXgossip Channel was flogging the story and edited Bigotbart video ON LINE the morning BEFORE she resigned.
Get it!

No, it doesn't. They had two clips, not the entire video. Your link is dated July 19 at 6:15pm.

The lie is that they claimed they didn't post about the story until after she resigned.

A stupid and pointless lie, seemingly.

So why is it so important to FOX and its fans?

Are you fucking kidding me? The biggest liar on the board calling FoxNews a liar?

Ravi the next thing you post that is not a lie, will be the first thing you have posted that is not a lie.

Do you still contend that

A) I have committed five crimes?
B) I beat my wife
C) Illegal immigrants aren't criminals
D) Mrs Sharrod never committed a racist act
E) States have the right to ignore federal law

Just for starters.

You are the LAST person who should EVER call ANYONE a liar.

FOX was busy spreading the rumor. AS usual, they had an agenda.

I call Shenanigans.

The Fox story is posted verbatim.

Now, tell us what content within it is a lie or a rumor. First you said lie, and now you are saying rumor - which is it, btw?

The lie was your claim that FOX "included a note that it was just a portion of a video."

Please highlight the "note."
Thank you in advance.

When foxnews.com posted it, they included a note that it was just a portion of a video, and that they didn't know what the point of Breitbart's story was.

The lie was your claim that FOX "included a note that it was just a portion of a video."

Please highlight the "note."
Thank you in advance.

When foxnews.com posted it, they included a note that it was just a portion of a video, and that they didn't know what the point of Breitbart's story was.

The original story quoted above (the July 19th one) clearly says that the videos are "clips".

The longer story post on July 20th includes the sentence:

The point of the story wasn't entirely clear; only an excerpt of the speech is included in the video clip.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...fficial-admitting-withheld-help-white-farmer/

Both cases, the citation of "clips" and "excerpt", make it clear that there is more content for the event which is not being shown.

Last edited:
0721-originalfoxsherrodstory.jpg

Get it!

Posting an article on a blog site is flogging a story? Wow, that's a new one. I think you and a lot of other people on here are hyperventilating over nothing.

The Fox Nation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He's getting that Fox Nation is news from . . . Wiki?? :lol:

Fox Nation, an opinionated Web site that launches this morning --

The Web site will attempt to emulate the social aspects of Facebook -- as well as MySpace, which, like Fox, is owned by Rupert Murdoch -- by encouraging readers to post comments and argue with one another. And the hook will be columns, blogs and videos from the likes of Bill O'Reilly, Greta Van Susteren and Hannity, which will likely draw their strongest followers.

Howard Kurtz - Howard Kurtz, Media Notes: Fox News Launches Conservative Web Site Fox Nation - washingtonpost.com

There you go.

The article clearly says Video Clips and reports that the BigGovernment story had fueled the recent debate on racism.

And your point is?

Last edited:

Were you not paying attention Monday, cornhog?

LOT of news happened that day. Brietass posted the video, as did Foxnews.com.
Then people came out of the woodwork.

O'Reilly THAT NIGHT - of the 19th, called on her to resign. (She had already, but the program was taped at 5PM, and aired a 8Pm)

Hannity did a big segment on it - but the whole net and media nation were questioning the tape cause it appeared out of context.

You really think all that shit didn't happen?

She was already fired by the time O Reilly and or Hannity aired, so how did THEY cause her to be fired? Fool

by the way you didn't answer my question

I'm jumping out of this thread, you people are dishonest, stupid, petty, ridiculous, and beneath my contempt. You can't even be honest about the simplest things.

A person who would lie about something as trivial as this, and yes this is trivial, is lower than a snake's belly. Seriously, don't you assholes have even the least bit of pride? Anything inside you that says "man I should tell the truth even if it hurts my case politically?" What about shame? Doesn't it shame you to LIE to try to hurt someone elses credibility? What about decency? Cant you be decent and do the right thing? that is what this nation was founded on, when did it become the antithesis of how yall act?

I know this is another wasted plea, but there has to be more than a few people on this board who are willing to stand up and say enough is enough. if you can't be honest , then just shut up.

This country needs heroes to get us out of the hole we are in, but if you people are representative of what we have to choose from, we are screwed.

I ask that everyone choose to jump out of this thread for awhile and calm down and give honest thought to what kind of person they are, and what kind of person they want to be. I HOPE no one wants to be a person who is dishonest, slimy, and willing to say or do ANYTHING for nothing more than to make a point on a message board, but if you are, oh my Lord you need help, or at least need to re think it.

Surely there are some who will join me in saying enough is enough.

Forum List

Back