Shooting at outlet mall in Texas

I’d rather punish politicians who refuse to stop illegal entry

After that is taken care of we can deal with the illegals who are already here and employers who give them jobs

But close the door first
Employers first...then there's no reason for most migrants to come to the US. Make the fines and other punishments serious.

It would be easier if you expand E verify. The Saudis do it very successfully. They used to have a huge problem with illegals.

It all comes down to Republicans want the 15% withholding on the illegals to shore up their budget. Yes, people are going to be able to collect Medicare or Social Security. The money will just go into the general revenues.

In Canada, if an employer submits withholding payments for an invalid, social insurance number, or if the name the social insurance number is registered under is different than the name of the employee, for whom the withholding is submitted, Rev Canada will get on your ass to prove the employee’s identity. And if they don’t, it’s a $10,000 fine.

If you don’t pay taxes, and you don’t have a social insurance number, you’re not eligible for any of our cradle to grave social programs. It’s really hard to get people to work for cash under the table. My youngest took a job waiting tables in the restaurant for cash when she was in high school. When she quit, she discovered that she couldn’t apply for unemployment insurance, retraining, or anything else, because there was no record of her having worked. She came home and said to me, “I’m never working off the books again and she hasn’t”.

We also have a really good system for purging dead people from the rolls: Government death benefits under the Canada Pension plan. It’s about $3000 for funeral expenses. Any family member can claim the benefit upon production of a death certificate, and a receipt for the funeral. The moment application is made we know this person’s not going to be working again

The IRS doesn’t have that kind of time in that kind of staff. And your social programs benefits aren’t sufficient to discourage people from working for cash under the table.

Your side is attacking the sexuality of children

No, they are not attacking the sexuality of children. Right wing con artists are scamming Republicans with lies about “groomers” because they want to destroy the public education system.

Lies about paedophiles and groomers are difficult to counter. How can anyone defend paedophiles and people who harm children? And every person on the left on this board who has said this isn’t happening, has been accused of being a paedophile or a groomer for saying it.

I did a lot of volunteer work with the Children Aid Society in Ontario, and lead youth programs at my Church in Toronto. I’ve had real training on how to spot ”groomers” and keep children safe.

Groomers aren’t dressing up in drag telling kids stories. Theyre not entertainers.

They’re family friends, coaches, priests dressing in the most non-threatening way possible and seeking to ingratiate themselves with the children and their families and build trust.

No, they are not attacking the sexuality of children. Right wing con artists are scamming Republicans with lies about “groomers” because they want to destroy the public education system.

Lies about paedophiles and groomers are difficult to counter. How can anyone defend paedophiles and people who harm children? And every person on the left on this board who has said this isn’t happening, has been accused of being a paedophile or a groomer for saying it.

I did a lot of volunteer work with the Children Aid Society in Ontario, and lead youth programs at my Church in Toronto. I’ve had real training on how to spot ”groomers” and keep children safe.

Groomers aren’t dressing up in drag telling kids stories. Theyre not entertainers.

They’re family friends, coaches, priests dressing in the most non-threatening way possible and seeking to ingratiate themselves with the children and their families and build trust.
And the more we pay attention, we find that those on the Right making the loudest accusations are really con-fessing.

Speaking of public education...these morons are on your team.

USMB conservatives are constantly making racist, bigoted, hateful posts advocating for neo-fascist authoritarianism – the right’s war on gay and transgender Americans being among the countless examples.
I thought you meant that a USMB member had pulled a mass shooting.

You Canucks don't even believe in free speech.

Freedom to criticize the government. Absolutely we believe in free speech.

Freedom to lie to, commit fraud, threaten or slander others. No fucking way.

That includes all of the medical quacks that are still promoting ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine as Covid cures.

Those people were selling the drugs, and they’re still selling the drugs.

This must be fake

Not even snowflakes from the public education system could be that stupid

The only people I’ve ever encountered that were that dumb are products of homeschooling.

But they can’t compare to folks in the Talking to Americans link I posted.

Rick Mercer used to live in my old neighbourhood in Toronto. I never ran into him though, or knew where he lived.

Last edited:
nor even the red states where far more firearm fatalities occur
You left out the "per capita" didn't you? I'm sure it was an innocent mistake. CHICAGO buries nearly as many in a year, and ALL of their deaths are from guns used in crime. Half of Alabama's - as in the rest of the nation - are SUICIDES.

Forum List

Back