Shooting rampage in Germany

theHawk

Registered Conservative
Sep 20, 2005
Arizona
A man has reportedly shot several people at a club house outside of the southern German city of Heidelberg. Police said he was involved in an argument at a meeting of property owners.

At least two people died in a shooting on Tuesday night in Dossenheim, less than 10 miles north of Heidelberg.

Police said a man opened fire on several people at a restaurant on the grounds of the town's local sports club, killing two people and then himself. At least five people were wounded.

"It's still unclear what the exact background, motives and sequences of events were," police spokesperson Tobias Keilbach told news agency DPA soon after the incident. Later reports suggested that the man was involved in an argument at a meeting of property owners, was thrown out, and later returned with a handgun.

The first emergency dispatches went through to police at 7 p.m. local time (1700GMT). Around 20 people were present at the time of the incident.

kms/msh (AFP, dpa)

Man opens fire at sports club house outside of Heidelberg | News | DW.DE | 20.08.2013

Thank God for strict gun laws right?

The guy went on a rampage after he was told he'd have to pay more for his rent.

A man has reportedly shot several people at a club house outside of the southern German city of Heidelberg. Police said he was involved in an argument at a meeting of property owners.

At least two people died in a shooting on Tuesday night in Dossenheim, less than 10 miles north of Heidelberg.

Police said a man opened fire on several people at a restaurant on the grounds of the town's local sports club, killing two people and then himself. At least five people were wounded.

"It's still unclear what the exact background, motives and sequences of events were," police spokesperson Tobias Keilbach told news agency DPA soon after the incident. Later reports suggested that the man was involved in an argument at a meeting of property owners, was thrown out, and later returned with a handgun.

The first emergency dispatches went through to police at 7 p.m. local time (1700GMT). Around 20 people were present at the time of the incident.

kms/msh (AFP, dpa)

Man opens fire at sports club house outside of Heidelberg | News | DW.DE | 20.08.2013

the weapon was legal.

kms/msh (AFP, dpa)

the weapon was legal.

Yup, he was part of a sports shooting club.

so i guess over in europe laws only work when people choose to obey them just like here. i guess you can't really legislate a solution.

so i guess over in europe laws only work when people choose to obey them just like here. i guess you can't really legislate a solution.

I wonder who has a higher rate of gun deaths?

per number of guns? The USA has a death rate of .000036 deaths per gun owned

another fact - death rates in the USA since repealing clinton's assault weapons ban have decreased at the same or greater rate than any country that has enacted strick gun laws to out right gun bans

Last edited:

another fact - death rates in the USA since repealing clinton's assault weapons ban have decreased at the same or greater rate than any country that has enacted strick gun laws to out right gun bans

Per number of people. ;)

Per number of people. ;)

So what we are really saying then is people are the problem, not the guns.

kms/msh (AFP, dpa)

One incident verses 10 yearly, yeah, I see your logic, not.

Per number of people. ;)

So what we are really saying then is people are the problem, not the guns.

yes, get rid of humans and the problem will fix itself.

Forum List

Back