shooting the smle at 3000 yards iron sights

1.7miles away, and the bullet takes 10 seconds to reach the target. That is one hell of a gun.
I'd say it has a lot more to do with the shooter than the gun. Can you even see the target that far away? And a 303 British caliber? I'd select one of the magnum rifles calibers for that. Of course I wouldn't waste my time because I could hit anything that far away.

I'd say it has a lot more to do with the shooter than the gun. Can you even see the target that far away? And a 303 British caliber? I'd select one of the magnum rifles calibers for that. Of course I wouldn't waste my time because I could hit anything that far away.
With the sights of an AR-15, you know the old iron sights, i could put a bullet right on target once the sights were adjusted. Then as the target gets farther away, you lower the front sight so you increase the range. Same way with the .303.

The Pattern 14 Enfield (the Brit version of what was later known as the M1917 US Enfield) also used them.

The US version omitted them (production cut) on their .30-06 version as did the .303 P-14s when they were rebuilt after WW-1.

14p2-scaled.jpg

I can't see that far.
You not getting the point. Today, with digital assisted scopes, you could see that far, and after the first shot, reticle the spot shot over to the center and never miss a shot again, unless there are wind changes. He is proving that the old style adjustment to the front sight was way ahead of its time.

You not getting the point. Today, with digital assisted scopes, you could see that far, and after the first shot, reticle the spot shot over to the center and never miss a shot again, unless there are wind changes. He is proving that the old style adjustment to the front sight was way ahead of its time.
I didn't mean to sound sarcastic. My apologies. Thanks!

The Pattern 14 Enfield (the Brit version of what was later known as the M1917 US Enfield) also used them.

The US version omitted them (production cut) on their .30-06 version as did the .303 P-14s when they were rebuilt after WW-1.

14p2-scaled.jpg
I would love a new version of that.

1.7miles away, and the bullet takes 10 seconds to reach the target. That is one hell of a gun.

It is actually a high quality gun for the time. But it was an infantry gun, and mass produced. Solid rifle with a round designed for a range of 200 yards.

The shooter makes it happen.

It is actually a high quality gun for the time. But it was an infantry gun, and mass produced. Solid rifle with a round designed for a range of 200 yards.

The shooter makes it happen.
Is that why the shooter in the video, would pull the trigger then wait 10 seconds for the spotter to say if it was a hit or not? A good weapon, is just that a good weapon, and it is a compliment to the person using it.

Forum List

Back