Shootings That Are Not About The 2nd Amendment.

May 4, 2022
It's a legal thing. Americans are shooting purposefully innocent people. The fact the shooters claim after being arrested and charged, that they did not know the victims they shot were innocent (that word again), is an issues people should be very concerned with. In my mind it makes it a most terrible crime.

quotes: Hundreds of miles apart, the two men stood in courtrooms, accused of shooting at someone who had made a wrong turn.

In a courthouse in Fort Edward, N.Y., Kevin Monahan, 65, was denied bail on Wednesday in a case where prosecutors say he fatally shot Kaylin Gillis, 20, after she and a group of friends mistakenly drove up his driveway while looking for another friend’s house.

In a small courtroom in Liberty, Mo., Andrew D. Lester, 84, carried a cane as he pleaded not guilty on Wednesday in the shooting of Ralph Yarl, 16, who had come to Mr. Lester’s door mistakenly thinking it was the address where his younger siblings were waiting to be picked up.
shootings gone wrong.jpg

• Banned
These men remind me of those here and elsewhere, who speak of how dangerous the world is, and how they will defend themselves against all sorts of imagined threats (imagined because a real threat is rarely if ever noted).

The Stand your ground laws are a big mistake for which only Americans themselves will pay dearly.

These laws could be the factor that finally released the terror throughout America that's brewing on account of political differences.

It may have already started.

The Stand your ground laws are a big mistake for which only Americans themselves will pay dearly.

These laws could be the factor that finally released the terror throughout America that's brewing on account of political differences.

These aren't stand your ground cases, they are more related to castle doctrine cases.

Stand your ground means you don't have to try to flee a life or death situation first. "Flee if you can" is a terrible standard because it gives all the initiative to the criminal, the one instigating the interaction.

And why would you think I gaf about what you'all call it?

Because words mean things, concepts mean things, and if Gun grabbers are going to state SYG as the need for MOAR GUN CONTROL they should be referencing when it actually applies.

Ignorant liberals have an annoying tendency to speak of the so-called “stand your ground” laws and the “castle doctrine” as though these legal precepts are somehow bad. The liberals often don’t even comprehend what such laws say and authorize.

This kind of slovenly attempt at “thinking” is seen in the posting efforts of Donald H

Our resident Canuck fuck Duck actually theorizes that these laws instigate “terrorism.” :cuckoo:

• Banned

I believe in stand your ground laws in principle. In practice, where have they failed?

I believe in stand your ground laws in principle. In practice, where have they failed?
I think they are having the desired effect, even though it appears that it's going to have to be put to the test by black men deciding to also stand their ground.

And of course that will be a very bad decision for black people! They will be cut down by gunfire quicker than they could imagine.

Therein, the 'real' desired effect will be achieved!

I think they are having the desired effect, even though it appears that it's going to have to be put to the test by black men deciding to also stand their ground.

And of course that will be a very bad decision for black people! They will be cut down by gunfire quicker than they could imagine.

Therein, the 'real' desired effect will be achieved!
Some Black men have. I believe stand your ground laws come about because of the breakdown in society. Crime. But of course in some places the fears are backed, if not whole based on views and fears tinged with racism. If intent is anything here, we must resist a knee jerk reaction to scream racism on everything tinged with racism. It's a matter of degrees and intent. I've met good people who hold views tinged with racism, and I've met some pretty straight up racists. I've met black folk who are so angry and hotile to whites, and some who just hold views based on stereotypes -- black people who are very good and decent human beings, caught up in fears of a society tinged with racism.=, with a past of institutional racism.

Some Black men have. I believe stand your ground laws come about because of the breakdown in society.
That stands out as especially worth mention. It deserves more clarification as to your intent.
Of course I must let you know that it's my opinion that white America never did let go of their bad feeling over losing the right to keep slaves, and it's festered through generations.
I essentially agree with most of the rest.

It's a legal thing. Americans are shooting purposefully innocent people. The fact the shooters claim after being arrested and charged, that they did not know the victims they shot were innocent (that word again), is an issues people should be very concerned with. In my mind it makes it a most terrible crime.

quotes: Hundreds of miles apart, the two men stood in courtrooms, accused of shooting at someone who had made a wrong turn.

In a courthouse in Fort Edward, N.Y., Kevin Monahan, 65, was denied bail on Wednesday in a case where prosecutors say he fatally shot Kaylin Gillis, 20, after she and a group of friends mistakenly drove up his driveway while looking for another friend’s house.

In a small courtroom in Liberty, Mo., Andrew D. Lester, 84, carried a cane as he pleaded not guilty on Wednesday in the shooting of Ralph Yarl, 16, who had come to Mr. Lester’s door mistakenly thinking it was the address where his younger siblings were waiting to be picked up.
View attachment 778024

Shit happens.

How so?
I'll never find myself in a position to be shot by being the aggressor.

View attachment 778024

Wow! Who would've thought such an increase in shootings, by law abiding gun owners turning into shooters who shoot innocent people?

Robert Louis Singletary, 24, turned himself in Tampa, Florida, after a manhunt that began Tuesday night, officials in Gaston County, North Carolina, said.

A man has been arrested after two Texas cheerleaders were shot, one critically, after one of them mistakenly got into the wrong car, according to police and the owner of the gym where they trained.
"Information suggests that an altercation occurred in the parking lot of H-E-B, and multiple shots were fired into a vehicle," police said. Two of the car's occupants were struck by gunfire, with one victim sustaining serious injuries and transported by helicopter to a hospital, where they were listed in critical condition, police said.

The suspect, Pedro Tello Rodriguez Jr., 25, has been charged with deadly conduct, a third-degree felony, police said.

What we know about the killing of the N.Y. woman who was shot after pulling into the wrong driveway​

An attorney for Kevin Monahan, the suspect in Kaylin Gillis’ death in upstate New York, said his client “did not intend to hurt anyone” and “a series of errors” were made “that he is part of.”

Lawyers for Black teenager shot after ringing wrong doorbell criticize release of man who opened fire​

The attorneys say the shooter is white and should not have been released. The Kansas City police chief says a 24-hour hold is the maximum without charges in a felony case.

Shot for making a mistake: America reels from shootings of Ralph Yarl, Kaylin Gillis and Texas cheerleaders​

The shootings have devastated communities, intensified calls for stricter gun control policies and deepened a sense of fury over everyday American violence.

Shit happens.
Especially when assholes are around..

are around and allowed own firearms, while pretending to be normal. When I carried I was in danger a few times and never drew my weapon. No critical mass of threats real vs imagines transpired. Fears should never drive people when armed. Fears can be and often are imagined.

That stands out as especially worth mention. It deserves more clarification as to your intent.
Of course I must let you know that it's my opinion that white America never did let go of their bad feeling over losing the right to keep slaves, and it's festered through generations.
White America never owned slaves. During colonial days is one thing. What became America/USA is another. Then we gave the Confederacy and what is called a civil war, but in reality is a war between the states.

Then we have colonial Americans like John Adams who never owned slaves -- by choice (he refused an offer through marriage).

Then there is the slave trade vs owning slaves, which is a distinction in areas where chattel slavery existed.

Then we have...

Most stories of Black men I've know of who have been armed, and who have even shot people, did so with an intent of defending themselves and properrty.

Most stories of Black men I've know of who have been armed, and who have even shot people, did so with an intent of defending themselves and properrty.
I'm a Canadian and I don't buy into the idea of shooting a person for defense of property. In nearly all cases we prefer to sacrifice the property over taking a life.

And fwiw, our laws don't buy into excuses for having to take a life either!

Don't be offended! The facts are better to be known than not.

White America never owned slaves. During colonial days is one thing. What became America/USA is another. Then we gave the Confederacy and what is called a civil war, but in reality is a war between the states.

Then we have colonial Americans like John Adams who never owned slaves -- by choice (he refused an offer through marriage).

Then there is the slave trade vs owning slaves, which is a distinction in areas where chattel slavery existed.

Then we have...
I have no interest in your facesaving spin of the facts.

Forum List

Back