Should Army National Guard Troops Shoot Illegal Border Crossers ?

Entire villages emptied into that caravan. The left would be happy if it were the entire country.

Start shooting. Those left alive will be discouraged soon enough.

Asylum from what?

Corrupt government.

They can request "asylum" in Mexico where they speak the language already!

Mexico isn't much better. It's actually flattering that they still look to us for hope, despite Mad King Donald.

The thing is, when you strip away the rhetoric and fear tactics, this is just a trade issue. The fact is, we have a huge demand for cheap labor, and Mexico has an abundant supply. That's the kind of situation that ought to be mutually beneficial. Again, Republicans used to understand this.

I don't care what your opinion of Mexico is, because you have repeatedly proven yourself to be a moron.

The laws says they cannot seek asylum here after passing through Mexico. End of story.

You're senile. This is a desperate plea for asylum, not an invasion. Our nation used to take pride in being a source of hope for the downtrodden. Believe it or not, even Republicans used to take pride in that.
HA HA. I hate to tell you this, but you are displaying ignorance. First of all, the caravaners are all outside the US. As such, they cannot apply for "Asylum" as you wrongly claim. Asylum is a status that is granted only to people living INSIDE the US.

What you are talking about is "Refugee" status, but the caravaners would not apply for that on the economic "downtrodden" status you cite either, because that is not how refugee status is defined. The keyword in defining refugee status is PERSECUTION., and the requirements are strict. The applicant needs to show 2 things. BOTH must be present and provable >>

1. You are unable or unwilling to return to your home country because you have been persecuted there in the past or have a well-founded fear that you will be persecuted if you go back.

2. The reason you have been (or will be) persecuted is connected to one of five things: your race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or your political opinion
Asylum or Refugee Status: Who Is Eligible?

When I served in the Army National Guard, I was told the first duty of the Army National Guard is to do what the name "National Guard" clearly states > to guard the nation. And the first priority of that is to stop foreigners from invading the USA.

And the definition of invading
? > "to enter forcibly or hostilely" (Webster's New World College Dictionary, 5th ed.) Well, the caravaners already entered Mexico, from Guatemala, forcibly, and one could call it hostilely, being that it's disrespecting Mexico's immigration and border law. In doing so, the border crossers tore down fences and physical barriers.

There's no doubt that the thousands of people in this caravan have exactly that same thing in mind for the United States. The solution to stop them, according to my National Guard officers is to meet the force with greater force, and use whatever force is necessary to stop and repel the invaders.

Since an effective border wall is not yet in place or electrified fencing, barbed wire, etc, this would mean possibly shooting hundreds of the caravaners, gassing them at the border, or possibly even using artillery. The military has its job to do, the question is can (and should) we allow Honduras, Guatemala and other countries to invade us ?
Guard my ass...where are they when Americans have being killing each other by the thousands every year? Where were they when mass shooters pick and choose their targets ?
So you want them to shoot poor people running from hardship for a better life? Jesus thought you that?

Guard my ass...where are they when Americans have being killing each other by the thousands every year? Where were they when mass shooters pick and choose their targets ?
So you want them to shoot poor people running from hardship for a better life? Jesus thought you that?
Mass shooters and Americans killing each other are problems dealt with by LOCAL law enforcement (police), not National Guard. And people busting across the US border, should be shot, if that's what it takes to stop a mob of that enormous size. This is the case whether they are poor or rich.

If they want a better life, they should do what US colonists did in the 1770s. Fight for it. Those early Americans didn't go invading another country, and then ask that country to give them food stamps, Medicaid, etc.

Last edited:
the Mexicans turned them back. No doubt they're worried about giving Trump a reason to shit on their corrupt thieving heads again re NAFTA, and now realize what a bunch of losers Democrats and the other traitors are in the elections coming up. Even their fellow labor racketeers in the GOP are 'retiring' in droves, like Ryan and other Hillary and Jeb toadies.

Mass shooters and Americans killing each other are problems dealt with by LOCAL law enforcement (police), not National Guard. And people busting across the US border, should be shot, if that's what it takes to stop a mob of that enormous size. This is the case whether they are poor or rich.

If they want a better life, they should do what US colonists did in the 1770s. Fight for it. Those early Americans didn't go invading another country, and then ask that country to give them food stamps, Medicaid, etc.

You are not from here....i'm sure you or your blood line came here for a better life...and yes even if you are a native american. God made this earth for everyone, screw the bullshit of I got here first i'm gonna close the door behind me.
And let me ask you this....why is the party of Jesus, conservative values, morals, Christianity are the first to be anti helping the needy, the refugees, the poor and the desperate? Which scripture you guys follow? ME ME ME ME?

You are not from here....i'm sure you or your blood line came here for a better life...and yes even if you are a native american. God made this earth for everyone, screw the bullshit of I got here first i'm gonna close the door behind me.
And let me ask you this....why is the party of Jesus, conservative values, morals, Christianity are the first to be anti helping the needy, the refugees, the poor and the desperate? Which scripture you guys follow? ME ME ME ME?

Up until LBJ, Americans either worked, or starved to death.

You're a fan of natural selection, right?

When I served in the Army National Guard, I was told the first duty of the Army National Guard is to do what the name "National Guard" clearly states > to guard the nation. And the first priority of that is to stop foreigners from invading the USA.

? > "to enter forcibly or hostilely" (Webster's New World College Dictionary, 5th ed.) Well, the caravaners already entered Mexico, from Guatemala, forcibly, and one could call it hostilely, being that it's disrespecting Mexico's immigration and border law. In doing so, the border crossers tore down fences and physical barriers.

There's no doubt that the thousands of people in this caravan have exactly that same thing in mind for the United States. The solution to stop them, according to my National Guard officers is to meet the force with greater force, and use whatever force is necessary to stop and repel the invaders.

Since an effective border wall is not yet in place or electrified fencing, barbed wire, etc, this would mean possibly shooting hundreds of the caravaners, gassing them at the border, or possibly even using artillery. The military has its job to do, the question is can (and should) we allow Honduras, Guatemala and other countries to invade us ?
What if they aren't illegal?
What if they are coming to legally apply for asylum?

What if they aren't illegal?
What if they are coming to legally apply for asylum?
Then they can apply at the appropriate places. That's already taken care of.

Greg

How about shooting over their heads or missing nearby?

Rubber bullets?
Wooden blocks?
Tazers?
Stun guns?
Water cannons (free shower)?
Tear gas?
This might make them think twice >>

th

and there's THIS >>

Soylent3.jpg
The skunk brigade is your only sensible idea so far.

Then he is a nut-bar with no business in the military much less a position of command.
You couldn't even shine his shoes. And you obviously know nothing about the military.
Wrong-O-butthead.

I'm pretty sure you are the one with no real knowlwkno of the military. Plus your story about your supposed commanding officer is obvious bullshit. Any military commander who went on record with a statement like that would be out so fast his uniform wouldnt have to be stripped from him it would ablate.
Pretty sure he's one of those guys who goes to the Army Surplus store for a uniform and makes up a service history which he shares at the bar on Saturday nights.

How about shooting over their heads or missing nearby?

Rubber bullets?
Wooden blocks?
Tazers?
Stun guns?
Water cannons (free shower)?
Tear gas?
This might make them think twice >>

th

and there's THIS >>

Soylent3.jpg
The skunk brigade is your only sensible idea so far.

What if they hurt the skunks, though? :eek:

We used to have a couple skunks around. They're nice critters, they do have that odor about them, however.

Gunning down poor brown skinned people is one of those things Jesus talked about all the time.

Gunning down poor brown skinned people is one of those things Jesus talked about all the time.

It's over, Mexico turned them around.

Migrant caravan halted on Mexico-Guatemala border, pressure to turn back mounts

Mexican police clash with U.S.-bound migrants after Trump pressure

Forum List

Back