Should Army National Guard Troops Shoot Illegal Border Crossers ?

When I served in the Army National Guard, I was told the first duty of the Army National Guard is to do what the name "National Guard" clearly states > to guard the nation. And the first priority of that is to stop foreigners from invading the USA.

And the definition of invading
? > "to enter forcibly or hostilely" (Webster's New World College Dictionary, 5th ed.) Well, the caravaners already entered Mexico, from Guatemala, forcibly, and one could call it hostilely, being that it's disrespecting Mexico's immigration and border law. In doing so, the border crossers tore down fences and physical barriers.

There's no doubt that the thousands of people in this caravan have exactly that same thing in mind for the United States. The solution to stop them, according to my National Guard officers is to meet the force with greater force, and use whatever force is necessary to stop and repel the invaders.

Since an effective border wall is not yet in place or electrified fencing, barbed wire, etc, this would mean possibly shooting hundreds of the caravaners, gassing them at the border, or possibly even using artillery. The military has its job to do, the question is can (and should) we allow Honduras, Guatemala and other countries to invade us ?
Gunning down poor brown skinned people is one of those things Jesus talked about all the time.

It's over, Mexico turned them around.

Migrant caravan halted on Mexico-Guatemala border, pressure to turn back mounts

Mexican police clash with U.S.-bound migrants after Trump pressure
They turned around 2,000 of them. That's half, although that's a good start. The others came across the river on rafts, or they swam. Mexico didn't try to stop them. It was on the news this a.m.

the Mexicans turned them back. No doubt they're worried about giving Trump a reason to shit on their corrupt thieving heads again re NAFTA, and now realize what a bunch of losers Democrats and the other traitors are in the elections coming up. Even their fellow labor racketeers in the GOP are 'retiring' in droves, like Ryan and other Hillary and Jeb toadies.
Flake and Corker. Adios.

You are not from here....i'm sure you or your blood line came here for a better life...and yes even if you are a native american. God made this earth for everyone, screw the bullshit of I got here first i'm gonna close the door behind me.
And let me ask you this....why is the party of Jesus, conservative values, morals, Christianity are the first to be anti helping the needy, the refugees, the poor and the desperate? Which scripture you guys follow? ME ME ME ME?
Do you understand what the word NATION means ? Or, like so many looney Democrats, do you think the whole world is all one nation ? I believe in helping the needy (and I'm borderline needy myself), but that is the AMERICAN needy, not those of the whole rest of the world.

Let whoever wants to come here, immigrate legally, and IF they have something to really offer this country, then we could give them a shot at becoming an AMERICAN. That sure doesn't include thousands of people who are poor, uneducated, unskilled, have nothing to offer, but just want to take from our tax base.

And I will wager that very few of these caravan people meet the eligibility definition of "Refugee" (victim of PERSECUTION -

1. You are unable or unwilling to return to your home country because you have been persecuted there in the past or have a well-founded fear that you will be persecuted if you go back.

2. The reason you have been (or will be) persecuted is connected to one of five things: your race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or your political opinion
Asylum or Refugee Status: Who Is Eligible?

a might slim proposition ,given our military industrialists

5 of Truman's 6 generals did....
I don't know if that's true, but I know it's true that the US won the war. Without the A bombs, who knows ?

Military industrialists is a left talking point of the Vietnam War days. Half a century out of date. And policies to protect America are for THAT, not profit. Ex >We don't get profits from the Muslim countries ban.

What if they aren't illegal?
What if they are coming to legally apply for asylum?
Asylum is for people already inside the US. You are referring to refugee status. Very few people fit that definition - maybe less than 1%. See Post # 383.

The skunk brigade is your only sensible idea so far.
Then let's do it. :badgrin:

th

Pretty sure he's one of those guys who goes to the Army Surplus store for a uniform and makes up a service history which he shares at the bar on Saturday nights.
I have 2 honorable discharges. One from the Army National Guard , and one from the US Army. Crepitus is the one without any military experience, and it SHOWS.

Pretty sure he's one of those guys who goes to the Army Surplus store for a uniform and makes up a service history which he shares at the bar on Saturday nights.
I have 2 honorable discharges. One from the Army National Guard , and one from the US Army. Crepitus is the one without any military experience, and it SHOWS.
Honey, it's a damned good thing they got rid of you. We don't need soldiers with your kind of attitude running around armed with full auto rifles.

Gunning down poor brown skinned people is one of those things Jesus talked about all the time.
As a "brown-skinned" person myself, I wonder why liberals are always so fond of blabbering about "brown-skinned" people. And the US military doesn't just gun down "brown-skinned" people. It guns down white people too, if there is a need - the guy in my avatar could have told you about that.

Honey, it's a damned good thing they got rid of you. We don't need soldiers with your kind of attitude running around armed with full auto rifles.
Yes we do. And they didn't get rid of me. I put in 6 years.

And what's wrong with the attitude of defending America from hordes of foreign invaders ? What's your choice ? To let them overrun us, and then drain our welfare budgets dry ?

What if they hurt the skunks, though? :eek:

We used to have a couple skunks around. They're nice critters, they do have that odor about them, however.
If they hurt the skunks (who are American skunks), then we shoot them. The skunks might shoot them too. That would discourage them from coming up here again. :badgrin:

She doesn't swing that way. She hates men.
`
I don't hate men. I have three, naturally produced children. I am bisexual which does not mean I'm misandrous. But I don't care for old, angry men festering in hatred. Anyways, this has nothing to do with the topic.

Your own words and attitudes show you are either a liar or hypocrite!

Pick whichever one fits your M.O., lace that puppy up and wear it with pride!

Why would they arrest or shoot the USBP and LEOs? That's what you just said. Try learning about antecedents.
`
Try learning how to read. Look at the topic: "Should Army National Guard Troops Shoot Illegal Border Crossers ?" Think before you post.

Your sentence is in error. You should have paid attention in English class when they were trying to teach you to write.

I notice you cut that past out of your quote so that no one can see your error. Typical libtard play!

Your own words and attitudes show you are either a liar or hypocrite! Pick whichever one fits your M.O., lace that puppy up and wear it with pride!
`
Angry much? Life is not a dichotomy youngster. There is a whole world of gray between partisans like yourself.

Angry? Not at all. Perhaps if you could read and write, you might understand my comments better.

For example, you used the word "between", which that you must be making a comparison of two positions, yet only have one

You cannot be "between" yourself.

Youngster? I have children older than you!

[Angry? Not at all. Perhaps if you could read and write, you might understand my comments better. For example, you used the word "between", which that you must be making a comparison of two positions, yet only have one You cannot be "between" yourself.Youngster? I have children older than you!
`
If you're pointing out a grammatical error, I stand accused. I generally don't do that on forums, proof read that is. I just type and send. If someone is willing to pay me, then I'll take my time and make sure what I send makes linguistical sense. Anyways, I multitask online and often lose my train of thought, particularly in forums which I do for entertainment. These things are on a low priority for me.
`

When I served in the Army National Guard, I was told the first duty of the Army National Guard is to do what the name "National Guard" clearly states > to guard the nation. And the first priority of that is to stop foreigners from invading the USA.

And the definition of invading
? > "to enter forcibly or hostilely" (Webster's New World College Dictionary, 5th ed.) Well, the caravaners already entered Mexico, from Guatemala, forcibly, and one could call it hostilely, being that it's disrespecting Mexico's immigration and border law. In doing so, the border crossers tore down fences and physical barriers.

There's no doubt that the thousands of people in this caravan have exactly that same thing in mind for the United States. The solution to stop them, according to my National Guard officers is to meet the force with greater force, and use whatever force is necessary to stop and repel the invaders.

Since an effective border wall is not yet in place or electrified fencing, barbed wire, etc, this would mean possibly shooting hundreds of the caravaners, gassing them at the border, or possibly even using artillery. The military has its job to do, the question is can (and should) we allow Honduras, Guatemala and other countries to invade us ?
Shooting refugees sounds like something a chickenshit POS would do.

Trump said he would send troops to guard the border being too fucking stopid to know he can't do that.

[Angry? Not at all. Perhaps if you could read and write, you might understand my comments better. For example, you used the word "between", which that you must be making a comparison of two positions, yet only have one You cannot be "between" yourself.Youngster? I have children older than you!
`
If you're pointing out a grammatical error, I stand accused. I generally don't do that on forums, proof read that is. I just type and send. If someone is willing to pay me, then I'll take my time and make sure what I send makes linguistical sense. Anyways, I multitask online and often lose my train of thought, particularly in forums which I do for entertainment. These things are on a low priority for me.
`

Failure to understand these concepts is indication of an inherent mental laziness that results in liberal attitudes.

Forum List

Back