Should AZ Force Gay People To Promote Christian Ideals Against Homosexuality?

Should AZ also force gays to promote values against gay values?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure, maybe, I guess I never thought of it that way.

Results are only viewable after voting.
That would be an interesting legal question.

Would the bill board operator(doesn't matter whether he is gay or straight- Christian or atheist) be refusing to do business because of the religious content? That would be just as illegal as a bill board operator refusing to post quotes from the Koran because of their religious content?

Or is it because the bill board operator disagrees with the actual content of the message for non-religious reason?
Some examples:
As for the thief, both male and female, cut off their hands. It is the reward of their own deeds, an exemplary punishment from Allah. Allah is Mighty, Wise."
Or
If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

Rejected for because of religion? Or rejected because of the advocacy of violence?

Feel free to go find that gay bill board operator and test the law.

It doesn't have to be anything about violence. There are Bible verses that simply condemn homosexuality. In this case the customer would want to put them up. Does the billboard operator have the right to refuse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feel free to post that quote and I will tell you.

Romans 1:26,27.

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Why would anyone object to a wholesome story of how God drove people to lust after others?

But to answer your question directly- again- it depends.

If the Billboard operator refused to put up anything that refers to sex or sex acts on their billboard- then there is no foul- no violation of the PA laws if he refuses this post from the New Testament.

If the Billboard operator refuses it because he objects to the religious content of the message- then he runs afoul of the PA laws.

By the way- lets look at more of that verse- shall we?

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

[so some people didn't glorify god, and looked at images of birds and animals and people}

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

[So in punishment, God had them filled full of lust}

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

[So God punished men by inflaming them with lust for other men- and committing shameful acts with other men]

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

.....They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents;

Yes- so God punished those who didn't worship him by leading them to gay sex- and disobeying their parents- and gossiping.

Because- God- and I supposed Christians by extension- know that those who do such things deserve death.

Do you believe that gossipers deserve death? What about those who disobey their parents?

As it calls for here in Romans?

Note, of course, that nowhere are Christians called to kill disbelievers. But hey, don't let that slow you down.

there is no where in the NT where Jesus says anything about homosexuality.

and there is no mandate that anyone be a bigoted creep. and no one has to tolerate that type of bigotry.

but please let us know where christians in this country are prohibited from following their religion.

[Q
Yeah- those Islamic Terrorists do keep telling us that the law of God is more important to them than the law. of man.

Fascinating that you believe in the same narrative.
Yes and Islam is not Christianity so you crap as usual is moot

Yet you and ISIS find common ground on both homosexuals and that the law of God is more important than the law of man.
And which one has commandments from God that says thou shalt not kill? Islam doesn't have that. .

Wow- I guess Christians never kill then.

Here is the thing- i compared you with ISIS- not with Muslims.

Because like ISIS- you find common ground on both homosexuals and that the law of God is more important than the law of man.

Even though the New Testament says very clearly that Christians are to obey the laws of man.
Nazi's, Communist and Marxist made what was illegal legal for they could slaughter millions, abuse the poor and steal wealth from decent people, so, FY&YL.

[Q
Yeah- those Islamic Terrorists do keep telling us that the law of God is more important to them than the law. of man.

Fascinating that you believe in the same narrative.
Yes and Islam is not Christianity so you crap as usual is moot

Yet you and ISIS find common ground on both homosexuals and that the law of God is more important than the law of man.
that the Bible does not promote murder but in fact commands that it shall not be done..

The Bible doesn't 'promote murder' any more than the Koran does- the Bible calls for the death of gossips- and those who disobey their parents.

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.
That is describing you to a T. Deserving death and murdering you are not one in the same. Not only that but Christians and Jewish folks that follow the tenants of the written word knowing that "thou shall not kill [murder]" and God's laws are fulfilled by the spirit. That is why you are given over to your own depravity which puts your personal issues back on you.

It doesn't have to be anything about violence. There are Bible verses that simply condemn homosexuality. In this case the customer would want to put them up. Does the billboard operator have the right to refuse?

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Why would anyone object to a wholesome story of how God drove people to lust after others?

If the Billboard operator refused to put up anything that refers to sex or sex acts on their billboard- then there is no foul- no violation of the PA laws if he refuses this post from the New Testament.

If the Billboard operator refuses it because he objects to the religious content of the message- then he runs afoul of the PA laws.

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

[so some people didn't glorify god, and looked at images of birds and animals and people}

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

[So God punished men by inflaming them with lust for other men- and committing shameful acts with other men]

.....They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents;

Yes- so God punished those who didn't worship him by leading them to gay sex- and disobeying their parents- and gossiping.

Because- God- and I supposed Christians by extension- know that those who do such things deserve death.

Do you believe that gossipers deserve death? What about those who disobey their parents?

Note, of course, that nowhere are Christians called to kill disbelievers. But hey, don't let that slow you down.

and there is no mandate that anyone be a bigoted creep. and no one has to tolerate that type of bigotry.

but please let us know where christians in this country are prohibited from following their religion.

That's not what I've been saying, and you know that. I've been saying that it's neither ethical nor moral to force a Christian business owner to operate against his moral code, but not a homosexual business owner.

Of course your premise is false.

The burden of proof is on you to prove that it is behavioral, and that is an impossibility.
I just did. I updated the OP. Follow the link and the over 300 peer-reviewed scientific corroborations agreeing with my premise.

"Conditioning and Sexual BEHAVIOR, a Review"
James G. Pfaus,Tod E. Kippin, and Soraya Centeno
Center for Studies in Behavioral Neurobiology, Department of Psychology, Concordia University, 1455 deMaisonneuve Bldg. W., Montreal, Quebec, H3G 1M8 Canada
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.322.9763&rep=rep1&type=pdf

No you didn’t. There is much evidence that it is in the DNA.

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/10/homosexuality-may-be-caused-chemical-modifications-dna

Cross-Cultural Evidence for the Genetics of Homosexuality

Researchers Find Link Between DNA Marks And Sexual Orientation

I offer the legal precedent here: Court: Phoenix wedding invitation designers must serve LGBT customers

Given: Gay is behavioral. Google "Anne Heche" for details.. Or for more extensive arguments (with over 300 peer-reviewed corroborating studies referenced at the end) this: "Conditioning and Sexual BEHAVIOR, a Review"
James G. Pfaus,Tod E. Kippin, and Soraya Centeno
Center for Studies in Behavioral Neurobiology, Department of Psychology, Concordia University, 1455 deMaisonneuve Bldg. W., Montreal, Quebec, H3G 1M8 Canada
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.322.9763&rep=rep1&type=pdf

Now, should the State of Arizona which so recently announced Christians must promote the behaviors of homosexuals, also force homosexuals to promote the behaviors of Christians? The question is one of fairness. Is it fair to force a Christian to abandon their 1st Amendment rights, while in the same state allowing gays to pick and choose when to promote values in direct opposition to their own?

Should for instance, a gay graphic designer be forced against his will and beliefs to print a billboard for a busy highway that reads: "Homosexuality is a sin unto God!" for Christian customers. ? If he provides a service to the general public? Yes or no. Vote in the poll.

Na, Nature itself declairs that homosexuality is literally dead end. Use natural law not gods law.

Actually "sick" or not, the question really is one of legal-fairness (equal rights). If one person is allowed to expunge the 1st Amendment rights of another, cannot that other also expunge the 1st Amendment rights of the first? If AZ forces Christians to play along with "gay marriage" (whatever that is since the children involved don't have a guarantee anymore of both a mother and father: the reason marriage was created to benefit states) then AZ must also force gays to play along with repugnant ideals to their own dogma.

Marriage is not just for the raising of children. It is for the aid and comfort of the spouses. There is no evidence needed of fertility to marry.

There is also no guarantee that any child will have two parents. Half of all marriages end in divorce. Some non-custodial parents don’t bother with the children thereafter. My father died when I was 11.

This notion that Christian rights are violated because they have to serve gays is bullshit. Unless they are also refusing to serve liars, murderers, blasphemers, and adulterers as well.

Jesus said “Love one another as I have loved you”. He said nothing against homosexuals.

Actually "sick" or not, the question really is one of legal-fairness (equal rights). If one person is allowed to expunge the 1st Amendment rights of another, cannot that other also expunge the 1st Amendment rights of the first? If AZ forces Christians to play along with "gay marriage" (whatever that is since the children involved don't have a guarantee anymore of both a mother and father: the reason marriage was created to benefit states) then AZ must also force gays to play along with repugnant ideals to their own dogma.

Marriage is not just for the raising of children. It is for the aid and comfort of the spouses. There is no evidence needed of fertility to marry.

There is also no guarantee that any child will have two parents. Half of all marriages end in divorce. Some non-custodial parents don’t bother with the children thereafter. My father died when I was 11.

This notion that Christian rights are violated because they have to serve gays is bullshit. Unless they are also refusing to serve liars, murderers, blasphemers, and adulterers as well.

Jesus said “Love one another as I have loved you”. He said nothing against homosexuals.
Jesus in no way was implying that anyone should love other peoples sinful nature or join themselves to such behaviors at any time. The word (Jehovah's salvation with us) actually says flee from such and reprove evil.

Ephesians 5: King James Version (KJV)

Last edited:
And you may do so in private association.

In a secular society, you cannot do that in public commerce and other public association.

Private businesses and personal services are not public domain.

Businesses offering service and goods to the public generally are indeed public domain.

The PA laws in many states make that legal fact even more clear.

Last edited:
No they are not in a society with protected rights of individuals. You have the right to be a deviant if that trips your trigger and you do not harm anyone else but you do not have the right to dictate others must find that acceptable. Only a fascist government would claim that private enterprises are public domain.

No they are not in a society with protected rights of individuals. You have the right to be a deviant if that trips your trigger and you do not harm anyone else but you do not have the right to dictate others must find that acceptable. Only a fascist government would claim that private enterprises are public domain.

The so-called Christians are free to believe whatever they want, but they cannot use their beliefs to deprive others of THEIR rights.

No one is forcing these people to give up their beliefs. But if they want to do business with the public, they must treat all members of the public with the same respect they would give a straight couple.

Unless of course they are also refusing to serve other classes of sinners.

The so-called Christians are free to believe whatever they want, but they cannot use their beliefs to deprive others of THEIR rights.

No one is forcing these people to give up their beliefs. But if they want to do business with the public, they must treat all members of the public with the same respect they would give a straight couple.

Unless of course they are also refusing to serve other classes of sinners.
Your rights end where my begin. You would be trespassing if you attempt to force me to do something against my beliefs in my own business owned by me. Again private enterprise is not publicly owned. If you desire to force people to accept your personal issues and desires go to a publicly own company like Walmart that pays their employees to serve you not a privately owned enterprise

That others who disagree with you are some how deviant actually reveals your own deviancy.

You do not have the right to make the secular, public world conform to your private concept of it.

That you would reveals your fascist thinking.

I am tired of dealing with Rodishi's used up nonsense: on Ignore.

That others who disagree with you are some how deviant actually reveals your own deviancy.

You do not have the right to make the secular, public world conform to your private concept of it.

That you would reveals your fascist thinking.

I am tired of dealing with your used up nonsense: on Ignore.
Damn good deal! Keep me on ignore I appreciate that.

Only a fascist would proclaim that they have the right to overtop another person's religious faith and beliefs.

It is becoming more and more abundantly clear that the moral and ethical position is to force a gay bill board owner to post anti-homosexual messages if the customer wants it.

It is becoming more and more abundantly clear that the moral and ethical position is to force a gay bill board owner to post anti-homosexual messages if the customer wants it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If the PA laws allow it; otherwise, nope.

Are people being asked to write pro-homosexual messages on the cake, or are they just being asked to bake the cake?

The two are not exclusive.

Do these bakers realize that when they bake a cake for a heterosexual wedding, there is a better chance than not that their cake is going to be consumed by several gays?

Why ask me? I'm not a baker.

Then how do you know that writing message on a cake and baking a cake are not exclusive.

Are you a baker or not?

That's just common sense.

How many wedding cakes have you seen have messages written on them?

That's not what I've been saying, and you know that. I've been saying that it's neither ethical nor moral to force a Christian business owner to operate against his moral code, but not a homosexual business owner.

How about we ask them all to follow the law.

You know- like the bible tells Christians to do.

Forum List

Back