Should AZ Force Gay People To Promote Christian Ideals Against Homosexuality?

Should AZ also force gays to promote values against gay values?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure, maybe, I guess I never thought of it that way.

Results are only viewable after voting.
It is becoming more and more abundantly clear that the moral and ethical position is to force a gay bill board owner to post anti-homosexual messages if the customer wants it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the same way it is being more and more abundently clear that you have no idea what a moral or ethical position is.

No they are not in a society with protected rights of individuals. You have the right to be a deviant if that trips your trigger and you do not harm anyone else but you do not have the right to dictate others must find that acceptable. Only a fascist government would claim that private enterprises are public domain.

The so-called Christians are free to believe whatever they want, but they cannot use their beliefs to deprive others of THEIR rights.

No one is forcing these people to give up their beliefs. But if they want to do business with the public, they must treat all members of the public with the same respect they would give a straight couple.

Unless of course they are also refusing to serve other classes of sinners.
Your rights end where my begin. You would be trespassing if you attempt to force me to do something against my beliefs in my own business owned by me. Again private enterprise is not publicly owned. If you desire to force people to accept your personal issues and desires go to a publicly own company like Walmart that pays their employees to serve you not a privately owned enterprise

Must piss you off that the government tells you that you have to serve African Americans even though they are black.

Private businesses and personal services are not public domain.

They are public accommodations- and covered by the law.

For the same reason why you can't legally refuse to serve a Jew just because you find their religion offensive- in the few states which have laws against discrimination based upon sexual orientation, you can't refuse to serve homosexuals just because you don't like them.

Actually "sick" or not, the question really is one of legal-fairness (equal rights). If one person is allowed to expunge the 1st Amendment rights of another, cannot that other also expunge the 1st Amendment rights of the first? If AZ forces Christians to play along with "gay marriage" (whatever that is since the children involved don't have a guarantee anymore of both a mother and father: the reason marriage was created to benefit states) then AZ must also force gays to play along with repugnant ideals to their own dogma.

Marriage is not just for the raising of children. It is for the aid and comfort of the spouses. There is no evidence needed of fertility to marry.

There is also no guarantee that any child will have two parents. Half of all marriages end in divorce. Some non-custodial parents don’t bother with the children thereafter. My father died when I was 11.

This notion that Christian rights are violated because they have to serve gays is bullshit. Unless they are also refusing to serve liars, murderers, blasphemers, and adulterers as well.

Jesus said “Love one another as I have loved you”. He said nothing against homosexuals.
Jesus in no way was implying that anyone should love other peoples sinful nature or join themselves to such behaviors at any time. The word (Jehovah's salvation with us) actually says flee from such and reprove evil.

Ephesians 5: King James Version (KJV)

Tell us how you have fled Trump's adultery- and 'reproved' Trump's continuing adulterous marriage- please do.

For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a person is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.a]">[a] 6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient. 7 Therefore do not be partners with them.

Don't be partners with a greedy person- or an immoral person. Great advise. Yet millions of Christians 'partnered' with Donald Trump- the immoral- and greedy person- by voting for him. Personally I think voting for someone is certainly more of a celebration of the persons values than baking a wedding cake.

But the New Testament does say that Christians are to follow the law- so why are Christians refusing to obey the law- when the Bible doesn't say anywhere that they can't bake a cake for a gay wedding- but the Bible does say to obey the law?

Romans 13New Century Version (NCV)
Christians Should Obey the Law
13 All of you must yield to the government rulers. No one rules unless God has given him the power to rule, and no one rules now without that power from God. 2 So those who are against the government are really against what God has commanded. And they will bring punishment on themselves. 3 Those who do right do not have to fear the rulers; only those who do wrong fear them. Do you want to be unafraid of the rulers? Then do what is right, and they will praise you. 4 The ruler is God’s servant to help you. But if you do wrong, then be afraid. He has the power to punish; he is God’s servant to punish those who do wrong. 5 So you must yield to the government, not only because you might be punished, but because you know it is right.

[Q
Yes and Islam is not Christianity so you crap as usual is moot

Yet you and ISIS find common ground on both homosexuals and that the law of God is more important than the law of man.
that the Bible does not promote murder but in fact commands that it shall not be done..

The Bible doesn't 'promote murder' any more than the Koran does- the Bible calls for the death of gossips- and those who disobey their parents.

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.
That is describing you to a T. Deserving death and murdering you are not one in the same. Not only that but Christians and Jewish folks that follow the tenants of the written word knowing that "thou shall not kill [murder]" and God's laws are fulfilled by the spirit. That is why you are given over to your own depravity which puts your personal issues back on you.

You are right- not murder- instead the Bible tells us that God says such people should be executed.
God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death,

What is "God's righteous decree"?

Paul was referencing the Law out of the Old Testament- here are God's righteous decrees from the OT on these issues:
Deuteronomy 21:18–21

If any man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey his father or his mother, and when they chastise him, he will not even listen to them, then his father and mother shall seize him, and bring him out to the elders of his city at the gateway of his home town. And they shall say to the elders of his city, “This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey us, he is a glutton and a drunkard.” Then all the men of his city shall stone him to death; so you shall remove the evil from your midst, and all Israel shall hear of it and fear.

No they are not in a society with protected rights of individuals. You have the right to be a deviant if that trips your trigger and you do not harm anyone else but you do not have the right to dictate others must find that acceptable. Only a fascist government would claim that private enterprises are public domain.

The so-called Christians are free to believe whatever they want, but they cannot use their beliefs to deprive others of THEIR rights.

No one is forcing these people to give up their beliefs. But if they want to do business with the public, they must treat all members of the public with the same respect they would give a straight couple.

Your rights end where my begin. You would be trespassing if you attempt to force me to do something against my beliefs in my own business owned by me. Again private enterprise is not publicly owned. If you desire to force people to accept your personal issues and desires go to a publicly own company like Walmart that pays their employees to serve you not a privately owned enterprise

In order to get a business license, you have to agree to abide by the law. It’s a condition of your business license. That means you must abide by public accommodations laws. You cannot bar people you don’t like from using your services. You have to serve people of every race, religion or sexual orientation without discrimination.

You are not being forced to open a business. That’s a choice you make. The Bible is very clear that citizens must obey the laws of the land.

You can’t even make a reasonable religious argument for these people. They aren’t discriminating against people who disobey the 10 Commandments which are the ONLY laws that God Himself laid down. Only people who violate one or two Biblical passages written by men.

There is much in the Bible which is no longer used. Blood sacrifice is now illegal and yet the Bible says to make blood sacrifices. Adulterers aren’t stoned to death.

Using religion as a basis for one specific type of discrimination is a very dodgy excuse, at best. Especially when the passages used don’t relate to anything that Jesus said or that God laid down in His Commandments.

Paul, who is the only New Testament writer to eschew homosexuality was not one of the Apostles and never even met or spoke to Jesus so his words carry less weight on the topic than others.

Romans 1:26,27.

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Why would anyone object to a wholesome story of how God drove people to lust after others?

But to answer your question directly- again- it depends.

If the Billboard operator refused to put up anything that refers to sex or sex acts on their billboard- then there is no foul- no violation of the PA laws if he refuses this post from the New Testament.

If the Billboard operator refuses it because he objects to the religious content of the message- then he runs afoul of the PA laws.

By the way- lets look at more of that verse- shall we?

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

[so some people didn't glorify god, and looked at images of birds and animals and people}

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

[So in punishment, God had them filled full of lust}

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

[So God punished men by inflaming them with lust for other men- and committing shameful acts with other men]

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

.....They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents;

Yes- so God punished those who didn't worship him by leading them to gay sex- and disobeying their parents- and gossiping.

Because- God- and I supposed Christians by extension- know that those who do such things deserve death.

Do you believe that gossipers deserve death? What about those who disobey their parents?

As it calls for here in Romans?

Note, of course, that nowhere are Christians called to kill disbelievers. But hey, don't let that slow you down.

there is no where in the NT where Jesus says anything about homosexuality.

and there is no mandate that anyone be a bigoted creep. and no one has to tolerate that type of bigotry.

but please let us know where christians in this country are prohibited from following their religion.

That's not what I've been saying, and you know that. I've been saying that it's neither ethical nor moral to force a Christian business owner to operate against his moral code, but not a homosexual business owner.

How about we ask them all to follow the law.

You know- like the bible tells Christians to do.

that would be good. again, Jesus never said a word about gays.

[Q

Yet you and ISIS find common ground on both homosexuals and that the law of God is more important than the law of man.
that the Bible does not promote murder but in fact commands that it shall not be done..

The Bible doesn't 'promote murder' any more than the Koran does- the Bible calls for the death of gossips- and those who disobey their parents.

That is describing you to a T. Deserving death and murdering you are not one in the same. Not only that but Christians and Jewish folks that follow the tenants of the written word knowing that "thou shall not kill [murder]" and God's laws are fulfilled by the spirit. That is why you are given over to your own depravity which puts your personal issues back on you.

You are right- not murder- instead the Bible tells us that God says such people should be executed.

Paul was referencing the Law out of the Old Testament- here are God's righteous decrees from the OT on these issues:

If any man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey his father or his mother, and when they chastise him, he will not even listen to them, then his father and mother shall seize him, and bring him out to the elders of his city at the gateway of his home town. And they shall say to the elders of his city, “This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey us, he is a glutton and a drunkard.” Then all the men of his city shall stone him to death; so you shall remove the evil from your midst, and all Israel shall hear of it and fear.

they also stoned people to death for mixing fibers.

In order to get a business license, you have to agree to abide by the law. It’s a condition of your business license. That means you must abide by public accommodations laws. You cannot bar people you don’t like from using your services. You have to serve people of every race, religion or sexual orientation without discrimination.

You are not being forced to open a business. That’s a choice you make. The Bible is very clear that citizens must obey the laws of the land.

You can’t even make a reasonable religious argument for these people. They aren’t discriminating against people who disobey the 10 Commandments which are the ONLY laws that God Himself laid down. Only people who violate one or two Biblical passages written by men.

There is much in the Bible which is no longer used. Blood sacrifice is now illegal and yet the Bible says to make blood sacrifices. Adulterers aren’t stoned to death.

Using religion as a basis for one specific type of discrimination is a very dodgy excuse, at best. Especially when the passages used don’t relate to anything that Jesus said or that God laid down in His Commandments.

Paul, who is the only New Testament writer to eschew homosexuality was not one of the Apostles and never even met or spoke to Jesus so his words carry less weight on the topic than others.

You have Syriusly. The two of you can get together and give each other your personal opinions about which Bible verses mean what since you both seem to be claiming expertise on the good book but you cannot over ride another person's religious beliefs and convictions or opinions, nor can you force me or anyone else to work for you, agree with you or like you. Both of you are blinded fascist living in your own sins and you both appear to think that you can over rule the Word of God and what the Lord put into the hearts of that which he created to be pure through your own erroneous interpretations and precepts. If you two believe on Jesus Christ as your savior you will be saved but that is not to say you will not be given over to your own sinful natures nor does it say you will not pay a price in the flesh for your sins.

[Q

Obviously you are hanging on tight to that which is evil that you birthed in your spirit and unwilling to "execute" the evil within yourself. Again that is a personal issue you will have to take up within yourself as the law of God remains whether you know it or not, even if you can't see it or can't perceive how that works. That is what happens when you are spiritually dead, blinded in your own sin and asleep in the dust of the earth. You may want to get with dragonlady and take it up with her as she seems to think that the word is not wholly applicable.

For the same reason why you can't legally refuse to serve a Jew just because you find their religion offensive- in the few states which have laws against discrimination based upon sexual orientation, you can't refuse to serve homosexuals just because you don't like them.
I refused to do business with anyone I do not care to do business with and never have continued to work with assholes. Liberty gave me that right and I do not foresee you or anyone else being able to force me to do something against my will if I have any say about at all. Others can cave in to you and your bullish ways but I won't.

Ignore the far right evangelicals; the great majority of America does.

You have Syriusly. The two of you can get together and give each other your personal opinions about which Bible verses mean what since you both seem to be claiming expertise on the good book but you cannot over ride another person's religious beliefs and convictions or opinions, nor can you force me or anyone else to work for you, agree with you or like you. Both of you are blinded fascist living in your own sins and you both appear to think that you can over rule the Word of God and what the Lord put into the hearts of that which he created to be pure through your own erroneous interpretations and precepts. If you two believe on Jesus Christ as your savior you will be saved but that is not to say you will not be given over to your own sinful natures nor does it say you will not pay a price in the flesh for your sins.

I don't claim to have 'expertise' on the Bible- I just am quoting from the Bible.

It is pretty straightforward- the Bible tells Christians to obey the law. You reject that part of the Bible. You are blinded by your fascist obsession with Homosexuals, to the word of God which tells you to obey the law.

You ignore the Word of God in order to promote your own personal agenda.

Luckily for you- since God doesn't actually exist- you will not be held accountable for your contempt for the actual language of the Bible.

Obey the Wood of the Lord, evangelicals and fundies and Pentecostals: obey the law.

Obviously you are hanging on tight to that which is evil that you birthed in your spirit and unwilling to "execute" the evil within yourself. Again that is a personal issue you will have to take up within yourself as the law of God remains whether you know it or not, even if you can't see it or can't perceive how that works. That is what happens when you are spiritually dead, blinded in your own sin and asleep in the dust of the earth. You may want to get with dragonlady and take it up with her as she seems to think that the word is not wholly applicable..

Again- I am just quoting the words of the Bible- rather than cherry picking like those of you with evil in your spirit who abuse the teachings of Jesus in order to promote your own hateful agenda. Thank God(sarcasm intended) you bigots no longer can put homosexuals in jail just because of your evil fascist interpretations of the Bible.

[E]I refused to do business with anyone I do not care to do business with and never have continued to work with assholes. Liberty gave me that right and I do not foresee you or anyone else being able to force me to do something against my will if I have any say about at all. Others can cave in to you and your bullish ways but I won't.

Yeah- that was what those good Christian coffee shop owners said when they refused to serve to African Americans.

But hey- can't expect people like you to obey the Bible and follow the law.

Obviously you are hanging on tight to that which is evil that you birthed in your spirit and unwilling to "execute" the evil within yourself. Again that is a personal issue you will have to take up within yourself as the law of God remains whether you know it or not, even if you can't see it or can't perceive how that works. That is what happens when you are spiritually dead, blinded in your own sin and asleep in the dust of the earth. You may want to get with dragonlady and take it up with her as she seems to think that the word is not wholly applicable.

I refused to do business with anyone I do not care to do business with and never have continued to work with assholes. Liberty gave me that right and I do not foresee you or anyone else being able to force me to do something against my will if I have any say about at all. Others can cave in to you and your bullish ways but I won't.

Jesus also warned about judging people lest you be judged. And he warned against false religion and false teachers. And those who would claim to be righteous while doing evil.

It’s not hard to see how you are twisting His teachings as an excuse for hate.

Many people chastised Jesus for befriending sinners and lepers - the unclean, and Jesus rebuked them for doing so. He exhorted people to “Love one another as I have loved you”. He stopped people from stoning the adulterer by saying “Let you who is without sin among you cast the first stone”.

I don’t see a lot of love in refusing service. I don’t see Christians obeying Jesus words to obey the laws of the land in refusing service. I don’t see how you can treat other people so badly and then claim you are doing so in Jesus’ name.

I don't claim to have 'expertise' on the Bible- I just am quoting from the Bible.

It is pretty straightforward- the Bible tells Christians to obey the law. You reject that part of the Bible. You are blinded by your fascist obsession with Homosexuals, to the word of God which tells you to obey the law.

You ignore the Word of God in order to promote your own personal agenda.

Luckily for you- since God doesn't actually exist- you will not be held accountable for your contempt for the actual language of the Bible.
You have no legal authority over me or any other believer by law or by attempting to put a slant what you clearly state you do not believe in Word of God. I reject you and your ignorant precepts as you undoubtedly carry an antichrist spirit within you.

Jesus also warned about judging people lest you be judged. And he warned against false religion and false teachers. And those who would claim to be righteous while doing evil.

Many people chastised Jesus for befriending sinners and lepers - the unclean, and Jesus rebuked them for doing so. He exhorted people to “Love one another as I have loved you”. He stopped people from stoning the adulterer by saying “Let you who is without sin among you cast the first stone”.

I don’t see a lot of love in refusing service. I don’t see Christians obeying Jesus words to obey the laws of the land in refusing service. I don’t see how you can treat other people so badly and then claim you are doing so in Jesus’ name.
A spiritual Man judges all things. Apparently you cannot get that part. Psalms one gives me the authority to not be seated with you and the likes of Syriusly for you two are lost, deaf, dumb and blinded in your own sins. Your own demons make you feel unloved. You are free to remain living outside of the gates with the dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie but again you are not free to force me or mine into being there with you as there is no law or commandment to compel me to do so in the name of what you call love. You hate yourselves I have no reason to go there with you.

Obviously you are hanging on tight to that which is evil that you birthed in your spirit and unwilling to "execute" the evil within yourself. Again that is a personal issue you will have to take up within yourself as the law of God remains whether you know it or not, even if you can't see it or can't perceive how that works. That is what happens when you are spiritually dead, blinded in your own sin and asleep in the dust of the earth. You may want to get with dragonlady and take it up with her as she seems to think that the word is not wholly applicable..

Again- I am just quoting the words of the Bible- rather than cherry picking like those of you with evil in your spirit who abuse the teachings of Jesus in order to promote your own hateful agenda. Thank God(sarcasm intended) you bigots no longer can put homosexuals in jail just because of your evil fascist interpretations of the Bible.
You are using hyperbole to try to push your own agenda. There is no reason to imprison you as you have imprisoned your own mind and put yourself into condemnation.

There are two facets to this argument. On the side of loving those around you, absolutely Christians should serve everyone. It's good business too.

On the legal, moral, and ethical side, though, it would be patently unfair to force Christian business owners to go against their consciences while allowing gay business owners to refuse service to someone because of what they want to say or who they are.

Is that clear?

Forum List

Back