Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?

Should places of worship be required to hold gay weddings

• Yes, Denmark does it, the Scandinavians are enlightened

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA

Votes: 198 81.8%
  • You are a baby brains without a formed opinion

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters
Plenty of churches offer marriage equality.

Many don't.

If a church makes money from offering its facilities for marriages, that it must follow public accommodation laws.

To you who don't like that: no one of importance cares.

Which court decided that?

Churches don't*make money* from offering their facilities for marriages.

Unless they rent out accomodations. In which case, obviously they aren't going to rent to those they don't want to. Which is their right.

But churches accommodate marriages for their congregations and their families. They aren't obligated to perform marriages for any asshole off the street.

I don't understand why people would want to be married by a person or a religion that doesn't subscribe to the same line of thought. Unless it is a big fuck you, then it is just agenda pushing and proves what many have maintained all along.

Unless they rent out accomodations. In which case, obviously they aren't going to rent to those they don't want to. Which is their right.

But churches accommodate marriages for their congregations and their families. They aren't obligated to perform marriages for any asshole off the street.

If they are non-profit, then they are not a business, they are organization.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

If they are non-profit, then they are not a business, they are organization.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

Incorrect..

Blue Cross Blue Shield is NON-Profit and yet the far left wants to destroy them..

ALMIGHTY GOD MAKES THE RULES THAT COUNT FOR ETERNITY NOT little man and ALMIGHTY GOD SAYS SEXUAL PERVERSION IS AN ABOMINATION.

Has God spoken directly to you or are you just putting your faith in what others have told you?

and why are you shouting?

Of course the federal government has such a role enforcing nondiscr
imination in accordance with the 14th amendment.

Bull. Shove your federal government enforcement up your lying faggot ass.

Sexual flaming by the far right means they know they have lost once again.

That's funny. I'll be here after election day to laugh at you mighty federal government getting put back where it belongs.

ALMIGHTY GOD MAKES THE RULES THAT COUNT FOR ETERNITY NOT little man and ALMIGHTY GOD SAYS SEXUAL PERVERSION IS AN ABOMINATION.

Has God spoken directly to you or are you just putting your faith in what others have told you?

and why are you shouting?

READ GOD'S ETERNAL LIVING WORD IF YOU WANT TO HEAR GOD'S WORDS=I DO!!! And you??

Last edited:
I don't understand why people would want to be married by a person or a religion that doesn't subscribe to the same line of thought. Unless it is a big fuck you, then it is just agenda pushing and proves what many have maintained all along.

Yes, it's about submission.

They are trying to pretend churches are a public marriage business, and they are not.

Progressives are always about *redefining* things so they can remove freedom, or justify murder.

In this case, they are attempting to justify state control over churches. To follow, imprisonment and murder of those who dare object.

Last edited:
Jesus said marriage is a man and woman. Was Jesus judgmental?
If you read Matthew 19 further, He also talks about eunuchs, which in the Greek is translated to homosexuals.

Nice try, Sparkles, but no. Once again, just because you can find someone online saying what you want to hear does NOT make it true.

The word "eunuch" comes from both Latin and Greek roots; the Greek word "eunukhous" translates to "castrated man", although it derived its own roots from the words "eune", meaning "bed", and "okhos", meaning "keeper of". Eunuchs, of course, were popular as harem guards, since they could obviously be trusted not to violate the women.
http://www.well.com/user/aquarius/cardiff.htm

Homosexual eunuchs, according to history, were often gay men or lesbians.

No, they should not. Church's are basically business' and should have the right to deny people from marrying in the church. The thing is, they would be stupid not to allow gay marriages. Getting married in a church is not free. In other words if the person in charge of the church says no to gay marriage in they church they are turning down money that would help the church.

Churches are NOT businesses. They are non-profit charitable organizations, and as such, making money is not on their list of priorities. If it was, I don't believe I would care to attend that church.

Churches exist to promote spiritual well-being among their adherents according to their individual definitions of what constitutes "spiritual well-being". It's a little hard to do that if you're contradicting those definitions in order to make money.

Far right silliness.

If a church sells its facilities for weddings, then, yes, it is a business.

If a church sells doughnuts after mass, does that make it a business?

Forum List

Back