Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?

Should places of worship be required to hold gay weddings

• Yes, Denmark does it, the Scandinavians are enlightened

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA

Votes: 198 81.8%
  • You are a baby brains without a formed opinion

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters
Like I have said every time before- not one word in there about homosexuals.

Oh, you want me to include Romans 1 for emphasis? OK..

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

In other words, that last bit #32 is a warning to those who fail to stop this cultural spread.

So Romans says that male homosexuality is as bad as boasting.

Lots of folks are going to hell.

If you believe that stuff.
There are degree's of everything you know.

Oh, you want me to include Romans 1 for emphasis? OK...

Oh I know what Romans says.

But Jude doesn't say anything about homosexuals- contrary to what you keep claiming.
It's called interpretation, and I know you can do it, I just know you can or can you?

Interpretation is a great thing.

Responsible for the schism between the Orthodox and Catholic Churches, the schism between the Protestants and the Catholic Church, responsible for the differences between Baptists and Methodists and every other Protestant variety.

So when someone tells me 'oh you just aren't interpreting the Bible right', well I am in good company since that is what Christians have been telling other Christians for almost 2000 years.

Oh, you want me to include Romans 1 for emphasis? OK..

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

In other words, that last bit #32 is a warning to those who fail to stop this cultural spread.

So Romans says that male homosexuality is as bad as boasting.

Lots of folks are going to hell.

If you believe that stuff.
There are degree's of everything you know.

Well Dante believed there were circles to hell, but I didn't think that most Christians believed that there are 50 degrees of hell.

Oh, you want me to include Romans 1 for emphasis? OK...

Oh I know what Romans says.

But Jude doesn't say anything about homosexuals- contrary to what you keep claiming.
It's called interpretation, and I know you can do it, I just know you can or can you?

Then you're citing your interpretation. Not the actual scripture.

Jude 1 says exactly nothing about selling cake to gay people.

Responsible for the schism between the Orthodox and Catholic Churches, the schism between the Protestants and the Catholic Church, responsible for the differences between Baptists and Methodists and every other Protestant variety.

So when someone tells me 'oh you just aren't interpreting the Bible right', well I am in good company since that is what Christians have been telling other Christians for almost 2000 years.

All those Christian sects you just mentioned follow the teachings of the New Testament. Furthermore, there are sins and there are sins. Some venial, some mortal. Jude 1 & Romans 1 clearly tell followers of Jesus's teachings that the sin of enabling the spread of a homosexual culture (as opposed to showing compassion for individual homosexuals) IST VERBOTEN....under threat of eternal damnation. So severe is the Rule on that in God's law.

All those Christian sects you just mentioned follow the teachings of the New Testament. .

And all of those sects interpret the New Testament differently.

All those Christian sects you just mentioned follow the teachings of the New Testament. .

Well then I guess they're entitled to their interpretation. You're going to have trouble forcing your cult values down the throats of religious people.

You will not be allowed to hijack the words "Minority" or "Race" in your legal arguments.

Wrong. You assume they do, and state your erroneous assumption as fact. BIG surprise.

The ones who take Jude 1 verbatim are entitled via the 1st Amendment to daily loyalty to their scripture. A threat of eternal damnation is no "Hail Marys or count your rosary beads" venial sin..

The ones who take Jude 1 verbatim are entitled via the 1st Amendment to daily loyalty to their scripture. A threat of eternal damnation is no "Hail Marys or count your rosary beads" venial sin..

There's nothing in Jude 1 that mentions selling cake to gay people. So 'vertabim' is off the table.

Sorry, Silo....but people aren't churches. And Christians are subject to the same laws as everyone else. They don't get an exemption just because they believe they do.

Well see... the case is pending on it's way on up as we speak. The florist in Washington is appealing, as you know...

Well see... the case is pending on it's way on up as we speak. The florist in Washington is appealing, as you know...

I think you're going to be soundly disappointed yet again. As granting a woman the right to discriminate against anyone she wishes based on religion essentially dismantled all PA laws and anti-discrimination laws. Something the court is loath to do. With Kennedy making it explicitly clear in the Hobby Lobby ruling that this ruling applied only to ACA, and only to this one issue. And that they were not opening the door for discrimination.

You say otherwise. Once again, I think Kennedy has a far better idea of how the courts are going to rule than you do. Remember, your record of predicting the rulings of the court is just awful. I mean, absolutely absymal...for one simple reason:

You simply project your beliefs. That's your entire method of prediction, the totality of your process. You pretend that others believe what you believe. That they assume what you do. That they think what you think. And they act like you want them to act.

But they don't think like you, they don't believe what you do. And pretending otherwise has not served you well. But I doubt you're going to learn from your mistakes.

I think you're going to be soundly disappointed yet again.

I wasn't that disappointed with Hobby Lobby :popcorn:

You've been disappointed with pretty much every ruling the court's made regarding gay marriage. And Kennedy doesn't sound terribly supportive of your 'religious belief trumps all discrimination laws' rationale.

Get that fainting couch ready.

I think you're going to be soundly disappointed yet again. As granting a woman the right to discriminate against anyone she wishes based on religion essentially dismantled all PA laws and anti-discrimination laws.

Laws which serve to promote mental disorder are illegitimate, as such undermines the objective public interests. So, where PA laws serve to promote such, they should be dismantled.

Ya see, for law to be valid, it must be objective... and there is no means for a law which promotes chaos to serve the objective interests of the collective. Just as normalizing abnormality cannot serve the interests of those afflicted with such perverse reasoning and by extension, such cannot serve the whole of the community.

The harm such brings to the individual is devastating, the harm such brings the community is profound, the potential for such is catastrophic. Tolerating such is something well beyond foolish.

You've been disappointed with pretty much every ruling the court's made regarding gay marriage. And Kennedy doesn't sound terribly supportive of your 'religious belief trumps all discrimination laws' rationale.

Kennedy? LOL! Any ruling Kennedy is involved with regarding this issue is illegitimate, given his 'proclivities' in that area. Same with the booze hound Ginsburg and Butch Kagan.

Kennedy? LOL! Any ruling Kennedy is involved with regarding this issue is illegitimate, given his 'proclivities' in that area. Same with the booze hound Ginsburg and Butch Kagan.

I think you're going to be soundly disappointed yet again. As granting a woman the right to discriminate against anyone she wishes based on religion essentially dismantled all PA laws and anti-discrimination laws.

Laws which serve to promote mental disorder are illegitimate, as such undermines the objective public interests. So, where PA laws serve to promote such, they should be dismantled.

Yeah, we're not dismantling Public Accommodation laws because you don't like gay people.

Ya see, for law to be valid, it must be objective... and there is no means for a law which promotes chaos to serve the objective interests of the collective. Just as normalizing abnormality cannot serve the interests of those afflicted with such perverse reasoning and by extension, such cannot serve the whole of the community.

Agreement with you isn't a standard of objectivity. As you aren't objective.

So what else have you got?

The harm such brings to the individual is devastating, the harm such brings the community is profound, the potential for such is catastrophic. Tolerating such is something well beyond foolish.

Is this the part where you offer up your fantasies of civil war and the collapse of society unless we start persecuting gay people?

Or the part where you tell us if gays don't 'sit down and shut the fuck up' that they'll be subject to a war that 'will make hate crimes look like Sunday Brunch'.

Alas, your ilk only want to hurt people when it costs you nothing and there are no consequences. And your 'war' involves consequences. Which is why both you and gay folks will remain pristinely safe from one another.

Forum List

Back